Liveries get reset to top of list

The payload page often shows the correct livery in the preview, but displays the top livery in the list on the drop-down menu. If you fly the mission without correcting the livery, it will load the erroneously selected livery in the drop-down instead of loading the livery displayed on the preview. It appears to happen more often with liveries from Saved Games. 

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.05.25 - 21.38.04.14.png

• 4 weeks later...

Still an issue. It seems to happen at random. It will affect the F-15 one time I open the mission, then the next time I open the mission it will affect the F-16 but not the F-15. The next time I open the mission it might affect both the F-15 and the F-16, and the next time I open the mission it might not effect either one. 

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.07.11 - 14.53.03.39.png

• 4 months later...

Still an issue in 2.7.8. Which aircraft are affected seems to be rather random, affecting both official liveries and non-official liveries:

F-16

UH-1

P-51

Mosquito

P-47

F-15

A-10

AV-8B

Also occurs with the F-14A (no screenshot) and will happen with Hornets not set as US faction. US faction Hornets don't appear to have this issue for some reason.

+1 .. it happens to me to, very frequently, with the A-4E and F-14 🙁

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Is there an update? Because this bug becomes very plesky. As long as ED isn't able to create dynamic campaigns, a lot of us want to build our own complex missions and campaings. If we have to check whether the chosen skins are still there every time we reload a mission in the Mission Editor (and this for dozens of units in the worst case), then this is a waste of time and very annoying. Every minute we have to deal with such a bug we don't fly, and if we aren't able to fly we are losing our motivation and if we are losing our motivation we will stop buying modules. Something to think about.

Edited by Ithronwise
  • Like 1

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro

• 2 weeks later...

This is actually also happening with static aircraft. It will revert back to the first livery in the list each time you load the mission, but only after you restart the game. While in the game the livery usually stays the same when reloading the mission.  So it's a bit annoying when trying create a scenery with statics, but the liveries just don't match.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Has there been any resolution with this problem? This happens frequently on all of my multiplayer maps that I manage. It is frustrating, to say the least, when one has to sift through 600+ aircraft per map.

This applies to all of my client aircraft in any map. This example is a UH-1H in the South Atlantic map.

ME Livery Default.png