SAM Sites Asset Pack - A 3D assets mod to populate you SAM sites, FARP and other bases

LetMePickThat

does someone have the new updated 2SAP Link? i still got the old one but there isnt even the newer additions to it. Please could help me really out with this one.

Am 24.9.2023 um 23:57 schrieb Valium:

Not sure if version with grass was ever made but I made something interesting.

At this moment I can't upload it. I need a permission from author and also author of textures I used.

null

image.png

also could you tell me how you did that?

• Like 2

On 10/24/2023 at 11:15 PM, Valium said:

The proper files were sent to author so it should be added in coming update.

Not sure if I can add it here.

Feel free to do so.

On 10/25/2023 at 8:56 AM, tripod3 said:

Is the author online and going to update mod? Or mod is abandoned?

We're online, and I plan on updating it at some point. I've just been super busy IRL for the last year and a half, to the point that I almost never fly in DCS anymore and do not have the time resources to work on mods at the time. I will definitely update all the mods I've made with others at some point, once I have more free time.

Perhaps @Strigoi_dkcan help you there, he's the one who made the original models and textures.

• Like 6

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/26/2023 at 11:51 PM, Valium said:

Ok then.

Open Revetment_SAM4 and replace textures. Remember to make a copy of original.

Not sure if it's that one because I changed it a few times. 

Notice that I use Barthek ground textures and this texture was taken from his pack, with his permission.

null

image.png

This is great. I think you can also release it as a livery for some of the units of the SAP mod. That way you won't have to replace textures.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2023 at 7:46 PM, BarTzi said:

This is great. I think you can also release it as a livery for some of the units of the SAP mod. That way you won't have to replace textures.

If you don't mind, could you quickly describe how to add the above texture as a livery, so I don't have to swap the file when changing between forested & desert maps.

Thank you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, norman99 said:

If you don't mind, could you quickly describe how to add the above texture as a livery, so I don't have to swap the file when changing between forested & desert maps.

Thank you.

Sure, NP. Will update here when it's done.

• Thanks 1

ero_revetment_platform1.zip

@AvgeekJoe @norman99 Here's the example of how a livery should be made for the unit @Valium used. The livery is called "green", and is selectable in the game when you place the object. The installation is similar to every other skin (unzip into your saved games \ liveries. Should be: Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\ero_revetment_platform1).

Given more textures and permission from the author, this can be inserted into the mod folder itself as an update.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey there, I love the assets but it seems none of them have any LODs whatsoever, is there any plan to add those? As is clients grind to a halt pretty quickly if you use even a moderate amount of them (especially apparent when building with sandbags, just murders the CPU render thread)

Edited by WirtsLegs

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, foxbravotiger said:

SA-20B (S-300PMU-2)  does not work and has a duplicate model (mast and truck use both the truck model)

Maybe one of the authors can look at it 🙂

Hi @foxbravotiger, I don't know what is your problem with the SA-20B (i have none), but you will have to check the HDS Topic to find a clue to your problem, not on the 2SAP mod topic...

image.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So, i spotted this s 300 series pack with the S400 here at

And i set up OVGME so , at the location
C:\Users\USER \Saved Games\DCS\Mods

There's now \aircraft and the newly made by me \tech (I have it lowercase)

And inside \tech are the files from the s 300 zip, which is Database Liveries, Shapes, Sounds Textures and a entry.lua file

However when i start DCS i see nothing in modules or the editor

Did i do this wrong? Or do i need more than just that S 300 file?

Like, do i need the original SAM sites asset pack? Wasn't clear at that comment what was needed

(Also, the other link at that comment , the 2SAP one- it doesn't appear based on the text in that comment that it's needed for the S300 download next to it  to work
- but when i looked at that 2SAP folder- the download is broken. Not sure if i need that one or not?

Can anyone clarify how to get the S-400, etc? is it just, downlaod that s-300 folder, then get the file structure right?<which i am guessing i didnt do>

I haven't downloaded any other SAM related thing aside from the S300 series download in that comment yet

Edited by Zapon

7 hours ago, Zapon said:

So, i spotted this s 300 series pack with the S400 here at

And i set up OVGME so , at the location
C:\Users\USER \Saved Games\DCS\Mods

There's now \aircraft and the newly made by me \tech (I have it lowercase)

And inside \tech are the files from the s 300 zip, which is Database Liveries, Shapes, Sounds Textures and a entry.lua file

However when i start DCS i see nothing in modules or the editor

Did i do this wrong? Or do i need more than just that S 300 file?

Like, do i need the original SAM sites asset pack? Wasn't clear at that comment what was needed

(Also, the other link at that comment , the 2SAP one- it doesn't appear based on the text in that comment that it's needed for the S300 download next to it  to work
- but when i looked at that 2SAP folder- the download is broken. Not sure if i need that one or not?

Can anyone clarify how to get the S-400, etc? is it just, downlaod that s-300 folder, then get the file structure right?<which i am guessing i didnt do>

I haven't downloaded any other SAM related thing aside from the S300 series download in that comment yet

Hello @Zapon

You're not at the correct topic, "2SAP" is only an addon to the "HDS" Mod which is what you are looking for, see below.

On 1/19/2024 at 10:58 PM, flag02004 said:

@love0rdie try updating your HDS version from the author's website (https://github.com/Auranis/HighDigitSAMs)

or from my google drive with an updated version merged with "S300pack" mod (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HiO0eHcI-qu0aLEPdmkIeWD4GVPSDQxU?usp=drive_link)

6 hours ago, fnslayeroc said:

has this been updated for 2.9? or work with 2.9??? i had to uninstall alot of mods to get my game working after that. had crashing on my server

Hi @fnslayeroc

I have both (HDS and 2SAP) and they are running fine with lastest DCS version...

On 10/26/2023 at 3:19 AM, LetMePickThat said:

Feel free to do so.

We're online, and I plan on updating it at some point. I've just been super busy IRL for the last year and a half, to the point that I almost never fly in DCS anymore and do not have the time resources to work on mods at the time. I will definitely update all the mods I've made with others at some point, once I have more free time.

Perhaps @Strigoi_dkcan help you there, he's the one who made the original models and textures.

Would love to see an update for this. I've featured the mod in several of my videos.  Would love to see the grass version (or selectable liveries) added.

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

13 hours ago, Sport said:

Would love to see an update for this. I've featured the mod in several of my videos.  Would love to see the grass version (or selectable liveries) added.

I'm aware that people are interested in this. The only problem is that my life got pretty busy since Feb 2022...

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

aight, so in revements.lua, within the pack objects folder contains a line

f.attribute = {wsType_Static, wsType_Standing}

It should be changed to

f.attribute = {wsType_Ground,wsType_Tank,wsType_NoWeapon,wsType_GenericFort,
                "Fortifications",
                };

This way all the revements actually can be spawned as fortifications within sam groups.

Without this, u can only drop revements as statics, and spawning sam sites dynamically with them is impossible, if u want randomized group headings.

This way u can add them to your sams as fortifications, and use moose to change the group heading and place it randomly in a zone without the sam components falling out of the revements.....

the problem is, i changed this, they appear in the ME, but refuse to spawn like this, any ideas why? id like to change this

get this error

2024-04-17 23:33:59.581 ERROR   woCar (Main): can't load model '' for 'ERO_Revetment_Tank_U'
2024-04-17 23:33:59.581 ERROR   woCar (Main): can't load destroyed model '' for 'ERO_Revetment_Tank_U'

when i get home from work ima try copy pastaing the Bunkers.lua syntax, and use it for the revs and see what happens.

UPDATE: it seems to have worked lol. i took Bunkers.lua, and copy pastaed it into a new file and replaced all the needed values with what they needed to contain all the revements as fortifications. Just a forwarning dont use them with EWRS in MANTIS...

aight so this got finnickier than i thought, when trying to return the Threat level of the groups, or even using GROUP:isSAM(), after all the sam components die, there isnt any type of return, true false or nil. the threat level will just vanish, so i feel like components of this mod are hardcoded into statics

Edited by fnslayeroc
  • Like 1