So, the day has come!

LordOrion

Just downloaded and created one simple attack mission to test the new map this evening 🥳

• Like 3

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

Is the Marianas map released for Steam version? I mean it should be, there is no reason to not be released.

I had 1.1 GB of update (open beta)

I'm asking because I struggle to find map in game. Can't find it in the module list or mission editor.

Strange...

Edited by MrG721

DCS Steam Edition Hangar:

DCS.png

13 minutes ago, MrG721 said:

Is the Marianas map released for Steam version? I mean it should be, there is no reason to not be released.

I'm asking because I struggle to find map in game. Can't find it in the module list or mission editor.

Strange...

It's a not a part of the core game but a new module. You need to search the steam store for dcs: marianas and install it.

• Thanks 1

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus + F-15EX / 4x TM Cougar MFD / Slaw Device RX Viper V3 / HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, MrG721 said:

Strange...

I had to type it in the search bar to get it: "DCS Marianas". It shows up as a free download.

It wasn't in any list otherwise.

• Thanks 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

The maps beautiful.  Tons of b52s lined up at the airbase..

I flew a disappointing mission from Saipan in a Jeff where I never somehow encountered any enemy ac overflying all the islands(!) On a full growling server! Lol

Still a great map

It's the first true ocean map in DCS.  Its quite vast.  Idk how it stacks to other maps but it looks gigantic

Edited by sublime

The map is really nice, small, but very nice. I absolutely Love the water and textures they used for the coral reefs and rocks. It’s very convincing and looks very real. The further out to sea you go the deeper blue it gets, unless there’s a reef or something below. Going to be some blue water fights in this terrain! Can’t wait to see what people make with this.

Awesome!  My dad was stationed at Tinian first when he got to the Pacific theater.  Slept through a typhoon there.

Nose turret gunner in B-24s.  Ball turret was his alternate position.  Still have his gunners manual from the 1940s.

I was stationed there for three years (04-07). My family and I enjoyed our time out there, was one of our favorite duty stations.

I've been looking forward to this map ever since it was announced. Downloaded it earlier today and spent a few hours just flying around in a Huey just taking it all in and remembering the good times spent there. Frame rate was good for me, even on my old GTX 980. Great job on this map ED!!!

Even found the houses we lived in while there, here's one on Naval Station Guam:

Screen_210630_213611.png

Edited by Diesel_Thunder
  • Like 8

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

Am I wrong or map is missing some isle? I was looking for the Farallon den Medinilla but seems to be missing...

EDIT: yep, I'm wrong. It is already there.

Edited by LordOrion

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

Hi,

Missing information in NineLine`s "DCS: Marianas Release FAQ - AVAILABLE NOW!" from yesterday

Download Size :  4.6 GB
Disk space :     8.5 GB
( \DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\MarianaIslands )