Petrovic does not Lock on to single target . Seems confused

KoN

In multiplayer on servers . 

Petrov will not lock onto single T80 under a tree . Also with River or water in back ground crosshairs skip around   .

Targets in Tree lines gets locked but not a lone T80 Tank in open ground in front of the tree line . 

The Crosshairs seem to dance around the lone T80 target and yet its  picking up the back drop targets in the tree line  . 

Petrov seems confused . !!!

Is there away to put my crosshair onto the target I want to engage and get it to lock flying as pilot . Surly this is possible . ?

Also a target list appears " which is the nearest target to choose if list is long . 

If I choose TANK1 which I'm hoping is dead center and is the target I want to attack first , why is Petrov choosing target off my line of sight as TANK1. ???

Tried coping the track files but its all out of sync due to multiplayer . 

Edited by KoN
  • Like 1

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

• ED Team

Hi

we would need to see a track replay to know for sure. We are improving Petrovich so it maybe worth waiting for coming updates as it is work in progress.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Totally upstand its work in process and its open beta . 

Cant copy track from online play due to the track being out of Sync with game play  .

Shows me attacking a tree line with nothin in it . Very odd . 

Edited by KoN

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

@BIGNEWY Check the server [4YA] TRAINING 24/7 SYRIA (CAPTURE BASES), take a Mi-24P slot from Golan Heights, fly to the northern area of Sea of Galilee. In the plain area of Ad Dardarah there is a base with large radio masts and bunkers (guarded by a SAM). A bit south west of it, stands a single Merkava tank in the wide open fields. Petrovich is not able to see it, no matter from which direction i'm coming from. This is not a single problem, i've encountered it many times now since release. For whatever reason Petrovich is not able to see units on ground in plain sight.

Edited by RealDCSpilot
  • Like 2

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

Yesterday had this issue again. I took notice what unit I was experiencing it with. In my case it was a T55 he couldn’t see in plain sight. When switching to a different area with targets with other tank types and trucks he picked them up straight away. 

Anyone seeying this happen with T55’s? 

g8PjVMw.png

I had this issue flying on the BlueFlag multiplayer server - Syria, yesterday evening, after the last patch was released. Petrovich seems confused scanning nowhere near where I ordered him to, and having difficulties finding the targets before I have to break off due to lethal distance. In singleplayer, this behavior is not present-Petrovich is scanning exactly where I point him towards, and he finds his targets relatively fast ("human" lag taken into account)

I had this issue today as well, flying on the BlueFlag Syria server. I engaged an enemy FARP, where they still had 2x Leopard 1A5, 1x Shilka and 1x HMMWV TOW all standing in the open. Petrovich was happy to target the Leopards, but was entirely oblivious of the Shilka and the HMMWV. Even at pretty close range and my command to look exactly at them he was not able to pick them up at all, which was pretty frustrating. The issue persisted even after I respawned and went for the FARP again.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Its not fixed! He still cant see enemies right in front him near bunkers or comm towers. PARKED AGAIN!!

This is actually the first time i starting to get angry about my early access decision.

Edited by Mainstay
  • Like 1

g8PjVMw.png

11 hours ago, Mainstay said:

near bunkers or comm towers.

Oh, so that's the issue? That makes sense, as this was also the case when I had this issue, as there are comms towers at every objective on the BlueFlag server.

I really hope this gets addressed soon!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen this issue many times now. Everytime there are comms towers or bunkers nearby Petrovich seems unable to target enemy vehicles in the vicinity. This is a big problem on the blue flag server, as there are comms towers at almost every objective, which is really frustrating.

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team

Hi, the static objects issue is fixed internally and I will ask the team to check maybe something was missed in the merge. 

If you have short track replay examples please attach them, its impossible for me to reproduce issues without them. 

The shorter the track the better, scripted servers with mods can not be used in our dev version, so if it something that can be reproduced in a simple mission I am happy to take a look at the track, if it does not play correctly I convert the track to a MIZ and try to reproduce on my own. 

thanks

• Like 1

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 5 months later...
On 7/8/2021 at 11:52 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi

we would need to see a track replay to know for sure. We are improving Petrovich so it maybe worth waiting for coming updates as it is work in progress.

thanks

Hi, I have the track but I cant upload it since this forum is limited to 5MB.

However Petrovich is able to track targets during all weapon range missions but he is unable to track the targets during mission "Battle for Zugdidi" for some reason. 100% of the time he cant track anything there.

You can replicate it by selecting Instant Action - Caucasus - Battle for Zugdidi mission

• ED Team
17 minutes ago, Martin38 said:

Hi, I have the track but I cant upload it since this forum is limited to 5MB.

However Petrovich is able to track targets during all weapon range missions but he is unable to track the targets during mission "Battle for Zugdidi" for some reason. 100% of the time he cant track anything there.

You can replicate it by selecting Instant Action - Caucasus - Battle for Zugdidi mission

please use a cloud link if possible like google drive or drop box. thanks 

4 hours ago, Martin38 said:

The problem is time of day. A few months ago they added the function to have Petrovich not able to spot if the lighting isnt good enough. You need to wait until the sun rises more or use illumination flares 

• Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

1 hour ago, AeriaGloria said:

The problem is time of day. A few months ago they added the function to have Petrovich not able to spot if the lighting isnt good enough. You need to wait until the sun rises more or use illumination flares 

Yes, you are right, Ive just figured it out a while ago. Nevertheless I think that Petrovich should be tuned a little bit, because that mission is during dawn, visibility is perfect (check attached picture) and I can spot targets miles away, Petrovich cant.

I understand that this Hind version doesn't have a night targeting system but I would suggest to tune him a little bit to spot targets even during dawn,dusk and give Petrovich limitations during night time (in complete darkness).

20220126193340_1.jpg

Edited by Martin38

23 minutes ago, Martin38 said:

Yes, you are right, Ive just figured it out a while ago. Nevertheless I think that Petrovich should be tuned a little bit, because that mission is during dawn, visibility is perfect (check attached picture) and I can spot targets miles away, Petrovich cant.

I understand that this Hind version doesn't have a night targeting system but I would suggest to tune him a little bit to spot targets even during dawn,dusk and give Petrovich limitations during night time (in complete darkness).

20220126193340_1.jpg

Yes it could use tuning

• Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg