Hi,

Im having some issues with the target pod, i have set up a simple mission for practice with mavericks. A few trucks and bmps take out the two bmp with maverick D version and trucks with gun On my way to the target i boresight mavericks and use auto pre mode. But after my last maverick is fired the target pod gets stuck and i cant move it no matter what i do? I have to power of the station to reset the whole pod, the good old *swedish button* if it dont work turn it off and on again.

Is there a better and faster way to do this?  even if i reset pod back to steerpoint i cant move it.

thanks.

If you run out of Mavs, does the AG mode change to bombs with CCIP?  In CCIP mode the TGP is slaved to the CCIP pipper.

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

7 hours ago, foxl said:

It seems like it goes out of ground stabalize mode and, just moves all over the place when i manuver the aircraft. and i get get it out of this mode without power off the station

Look like it goes into SP mode,

don't have the game up now but as I remember you can exit that mode with TMS Right. That will put it into area mode, or TMS Down which will go into ground stabilizse, if you press TMS Down again it goes to the STP you have selected.

18 minutes ago, Sacarino111 said:

Hi.

Or press CursorZero (CZ) on the MFD, maybe this will reset the TGP to the SPI/SteerPoint.

Saludos

Saca111

I would add: after last launch/hit, TMS dwn twice with the TGP as SOI and it should be ready to use; if you change the steerpoint, the TGP location should follow, if you press SP (SnowPlow), it will get a fixed position looking forward and low, and TMS up or rgt should ground stabilize it and allow you to slew around.

Saludos. 

Saca111

Hello again.

I know what happens now, after i fire my mavericks i always switch to gun. In AG mode with gun selected i cant slew the tgp its locked in SP mode? is it not possible to slew the target pod and designate targets when gun is selected? Allso is there a faster way to go to gun in AG other than pressing the buttons on the MFDs?

The TGP is not locked to SP, it is slaved to the gun pipper.

I'm not 100% sure but I think the nosewheel steering/ missile step (NWS/MSL STEP) button will cycle CCIP, CCRP, GUN.

Edited by Machalot
Typo MSL STEP

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

I cant cycle modes when in AG gun, i have NWS binded but still cant. do you have to select a special gun mode for this? so the tgp is always locked to the gun pipper, at least i understand that now.

With the gun selected, as well as in CCIP mode with bombs, the TGP will be locked to the aiming cursor. The aircraft can use laser ranging to increase the accuracy of the sight, plus the TGP can be used as a bombsight, and can also be used to capture footage of your attack for post-flight review and BDA. 

If you want to return the pod to being slew-able, deselect the gun from the SMS page. 

2 hours ago, Bunny Clark said:

and can also be used to capture footage of your attack for post-flight review and BDA. 

It seems like a CCRP-like area track or point track would be better for BDA.  In CCIP mode the target won't be in the image more than a few seconds after weapon release.