DCS VR - Windows 11

lax22

Did anyone here already upgrade to Win 11 and test it with DCS VR?

If yes, what kind of performance are you getting compared to Win 10?

Any feedback is appreciated.

System: 7800X3D / Asus RTX 4090 OC / 64GB 3600mhz / Pimax Crystal / VKB GF3 Ultimate

Been using it through the rc it works fine. Performance was no different, you really need alderlake for the scheduling improvements to have any significant impact

Edited by speed-of-heat
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Watch out if you are using Oculus HMD, theres a inherent stuttering that looks caused by Oculus PC Software, theres some workarounds that fix it but take care

• Like 1

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

6 часов назад, 5ephir0th сказал:

Watch out if you are using Oculus HMD.....

Just info for Oculus Quest 2 users:

I've tried Windows 11 with Quest 2, same problem as you have mentioned: stuttering and image breaks but with Windows 11 I have approx. plus 10-20 FPS compare to Windows 10 on my PC configuration.

Have been in touch with both: Oculus and Microsoft support.

Oculus support knows this problem but was waiting for the official Windows 11 release before start the investigation, they can't estimate for how long does it take to solve the issue, recommended downgrade to Windows 10 for a while.

Microsoft knows about Windows 11 issues in VR, recommended also downgrade to Windows 10 for a while.

I've downgraded to Windows 10 and issue with stuttering and image breaks gone.

Edited by Mik32

i9-11900K, MSI MAG Z590 TORPEDO, DDR4 32,0GB RAM, Gigabyte RTX3090, Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2TB, Quest 3, standalone DCS.

30 minutes ago, Mik32 said:

Just info for Oculus Quest 2 users:

I've tried Windows 11 with Quest 2, same problem as you have mentioned: stuttering and image breaks but with Windows 11 I have approx. plus 10-20 FPS compare to Windows 10 on my PC configuration.

Have been in touch with both: Oculus and Microsoft support.

Oculus support knows this problem but was waiting for the official Windows 11 release before start the investigation, they can't estimate for how long does it take to solve the issue, recommended downgrade to Windows 10 for a while.

Microsoft knows about Windows 11 issues in VR, recommended also downgrade to Windows 10 for a while.

I've downgraded to Windows 10 and issue with stuttering and image breaks gone.

I feel the same about performance, i have way less stuttering on Alyx and Pavlov VR (with workaround fix) but still have no time to try DCS.

What a shame about Oculus team, seriously, they know this, at least, from more thant a month ago as they confirmed on their forums, now the excuse is they were waiting for oficial release, really? cmon, regular people found a workaround in days and they cant in more than a month...

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

7 минут назад, 5ephir0th сказал:

regular people found a workaround in days

I think it was resonable from Oculus side to wait for the Windows 11 official release since Microsoft also has mentioned that official release Windows 11 will be different to insider latest revision....

Edited by Mik32

i9-11900K, MSI MAG Z590 TORPEDO, DDR4 32,0GB RAM, Gigabyte RTX3090, Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2TB, Quest 3, standalone DCS.

I upgraded to Windows 11 yesterday - hope to get a chance to check out DCS VR with it here soon.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I have tried Oculus 2 + W11 combination...

Had the stuttering issue and overall bad performance on a 3060ti +Ryzen 3600 +32GB

VR has become unplayable.

Since the 14 days rollback window was expired, I had to Reinstall my PC from scratch in order to go back to W10

I definitely wouldn't recommend 🙂

hace 8 horas, pixie dijo:

I have tried Oculus 2 + W11 combination...

Had the stuttering issue and overall bad performance on a 3060ti +Ryzen 3600 +32GB

VR has become unplayable.

Since the 14 days rollback window was expired, I had to Reinstall my PC from scratch in order to go back to W10

I definitely wouldn't recommend 🙂

If it is a reported problem with Oculus, not with WMR

I have a Reverb G1 running fine with DCS since upgrading to Win 11 yesterday.

Everything seems to be working including all the controllers and utilities I have running.

The only minor issue was that it reset the WMR portal setting to automate the Win Y function, so I set it back to manual and all good.

Performance wise so far I see no issues, if anything the channel map ground attack mission in the P47 I use as a quick test seemed a bit smoother though maybe placebo.

I don't really see much in the way of compelling reasons to rush to get it, I just like to be up to date with Windows updates and it seems more like the latest Win 10 as others have mentioned, so I felt there was minimal risk especially as you can roll back.

• Like 1

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

I’m tempted to upgrade one of my rigs to Win11, but it is just too new and there’s bound to be issues with some of my peripherals.  Perhaps next year.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

4 minutes ago, Supmua said:

I’m tempted to upgrade one of my rigs to Win11, but it is just too new and there’s bound to be issues with some of my peripherals.  Perhaps next year.

I don't have the envious list of peripherals you do but I just upgraded without any issue and was surprised how everything just worked. I had to reinstall hidhide which hides some of my gaming controllers (I accumulate a couple of arduino boxes, steering wheel button plate and shifters plus an old CH Flightstick I use as a make shift collective into vjoy devices to cut the list down shown in games) and had to reset WMR to manually switch but other than that all seems fine. Even my old OSW direct drive steering wheel which uses MMOS drivers worked straight away.

I half expected the arduino boxes to switch ids (they have in the past just by being unplugged and plugged back in) but all good.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

On 10/10/2021 at 11:30 PM, impalor said:

W11+G2 run very smooth on my (old) PC. Maybe because I did a fresh install and W10 would be the same, or maybe because W11 came with the latest WMR version...

For me the G2 is very stuttery for me in WIN 11 compared to WIN10. I have a 5600x and Titan Xp. I have tried upgrading to win11 multiple times with numerous driver installs and a number of fresh WIN 11 installs and all the same persists.

7 minutes ago, E-TF RIKER said:

For me the G2 is very stuttery for me in WIN 11 compared to WIN10. I have a 5600x and Titan Xp. I have tried upgrading to win11 multiple times with numerous driver installs and a number of fresh WIN 11 installs and all the same persists.

Just a heads up in case you didn't see it - there are some known performance issues with AMD on Win 11. There's supposed to be a patch this month.

AMD "is reporting that its chips might have issues with the new OS that could cause performance drops of up to 15 percent in some cases."

https://www.theverge.com/2021/10/6/22713310/windows-11-amd-ryzen-processors-performance-issues-software-update-october

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-400

Edited by Munkwolf
  • Like 1

What is weird though is my friend who also has a 5600x and a 2070 super (roughly equal to a titan xp) upgraded and has none of these issues.

Just a heads up in case you didn't see it - there are some known performance issues with AMD on Win 11. There's supposed to be a patch this month.

AMD "is reporting that its chips might have issues with the new OS that could cause performance drops of up to 15 percent in some cases."

https://www.theverge.com/2021/10/6/22713310/windows-11-amd-ryzen-processors-performance-issues-software-update-october

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-400

Edited by E-TF RIKER

Updated to windows 11, and i cant get DCS to act normal.

I have a g2 with a ryzen 5600x and a 3070 and my fps is all over the place causing massive stutters.

When i start DCS World Open Beta from the moment im in the home menu my fps is somewhere between the 60 and 90fps causing stutters what makes the game unplayable.

Sometimes the fps stays arround the 90 making the stutters go away but thats just for a few seconds.

I've checked all the settings and dont know what else i can do to fix this.

Before in Windows 10 i didnt experience this.

Thinking about formating everything again and going back to Windows 10. 

Up untill now i feel 11 is a big waste of my time

MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus - Ryzen 5 5600x - RTX3070 - 32GB Ram - HP Reverb G2 - Warthog HOTAS - VKB rudder pedals

try turning of HAGS... but theire are known issues with AMD and W11 performance, there is an option to roll back to W10 if you are inside 10 days from your upgrade

Edited by speed-of-heat
  • Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

Ah yes, HAGS, havent checked that. Last try, if thats not fixing it i will go back to W10, im within 10 days.

MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus - Ryzen 5 5600x - RTX3070 - 32GB Ram - HP Reverb G2 - Warthog HOTAS - VKB rudder pedals

18 часов назад, RvL сказал:

Ah yes, HAGS, havent checked that. Last try, if thats not fixing it i will go back to W10, im within 10 days.

I've rolled back to Windows 10 and the ussue with the stuttering gone. So, we have to wait for a while once the Windows 11 VR issues will be solved, I think. 

As i said there are known issues with AMD.... personally i have no problems on Intel, glad the roll back wen t smoothly

Edited by speed-of-heat

22 hours ago, Mik32 said:

I've rolled back to Windows 10 and the ussue with the stuttering gone. So, we have to wait for a while once the Windows 11 VR issues will be solved, I 

Been trying some things, but its not making sense.

Disabled HAGS, no difference. Did a bios update, no difference. Had my G2 usb connected with the USB C adapter, and switched it without the USB C into a USB 3.2, and my fps went to a steady 90fps in the DCS homescreen.

After i tested a multiplayer server which worked fine i went back to the homescreen, and back to stutters and a fps between 60 and 90.

Tried this with some other USB ports on my TUF B550 Gaming Plus motherboard, and again, first normal 90 fps, after a game back to a fluctuating fps between 60 and 90 with stutters.

Also once, homescreen was giving me 90fps, once i went into settings it dropped to 60fps.

Never had this before on Windows 10. Thing is, i also have a new motherboard. So im not totally sure which to blame. But since W11 with DCS is known with these stutter issues my guest is W11 is the one causing it.

Edit:

I just read there has been issues with this motherboard using a G2 caused by the USB ports. But these messages are from almost a year ago.

Does anyone know if by now with updates this has been solved?

Edited by RvL

Did they change the way that reprojection works in W11??

I did a fresh clean install because my Sabrent rocket 4 died...  :((((((  Super :(((((  But fresh Win11 and frsh OS build in general so... whatevs...

I'm running a Reverb G2 at 90Hz.  I get 90 in the menu screen.  I used to get a solid average of 42-55 frames in sim before, which of course would lock mostly at 45.  Occasionally a touch lower or sometimes 90 if I look to the sky.  this is in SP.  Not sure about Frametimes...  I checked when tuning but don't recall them specifically.  Now I get a solid 60...  I am not at 60hz...  Again 90frames in the menu.  Don't get me wrong...  All sorts of things have changed.  Drivers, OS, game settings, VR settings...  But before this there was NO way to get 60FPS unless it somehow was randomly running exactly that framerate solidly or I was running the headset at 60hz (which I can't do because I don't like the feeling and slight flickering).  So...

Did they change it so it will run at 30/45/60/90 instead of only 45/90 with reprojection on??

Edited by M1Combat

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)