Years of stuttering finally solved !

Plon
Go to solution Solved by Plon,

Hello,
when I go to power management (Windows 10)
I have 4 management modes (1 ° / Normal Use / 2 ° High Performance / Optimal Performance / & Energy Saving) but I cannot in any case deactivate them so I would like to have it Please
  the exact procedure to turn off power management like you did.
Thank you in advance and have a good flight🤔

9 minutes ago, PLUTON said:

Hello,
when I go to power management (Windows 10)
I have 4 management modes (1 ° / Normal Use / 2 ° High Performance / Optimal Performance / & Energy Saving) but I cannot in any case deactivate them so I would like to have it Please
  the exact procedure to turn off power management like you did.
Thank you in advance and have a good flight🤔

You need to disable it as a service.  Type "services.msc" in the search window and open the app. Then look from the entry "power", right click on it and go to "properties". Select "disable" and restart your PC. 

• Like 1

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

Can somebody give me a hint on how to properly benchmark in VR? I have fpsvr and it works as a measurement gauge inside vr, but I have no clue how to do a proper benchmark on frametimes in VR. Thank you!

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

5 hours ago, Plon said:

there is any correlation between hardware (AMD/Intel...) and power service fix, @jurinko, @chrisofsweden and everyone else who find this fix usefull, could you please post your specs ?

Updated signature to show HW spec.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

3 minutes ago, PLUTON said:

when I right click I have a power window which gives me the possibility of deactivating because for the moment it is on automatic; is that what I have to do ??

Yes. You can't stop it, just choose "Disabled" and reboot your PC.

image.png

Edited by chrisofsweden

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

Well it did not work for me, my little stuttering that I had from time to time were replaced by gels of 1 to 2 seconds so I reactivated my power supply on automatic and the gels disappeared, thank you for the help.
I think my problem is different than you
Me it seems to be the mirage 2000 mirror which creates the problem for me because when I turn them off I no longer have jerks.
but that is another subject.
good flight

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 8 months later...

Another fix: Two days ago I ran into some gnarly stuttering and frame rate spikes. Weird as I have a 3090 card and it has been smooth as silk. The fix? NC Control panel sometimes will reset your vsync settings, just go into NV Control panel and reset your vsync to on even though it may already indicate on. Stuttering and frame rate spikes gone for me. I believe this is a known issue with other PC games and NV control panel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

• 5 months later...
9 hours ago, Flappie said:

Interesting. Your comment lead me here. Did you try to disable Memory Compression before trying Empty Standby List?

hah! this reminds me of having crappy web apps and having to recycle the memory pool with scheduled task. window nt 4.0 by the way. so this idea is pretty relevant nowadays too. just different names.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

• 4 months later...

After using this trick successfully for months, it appears this is now the cause of most of my performance issues and intermittent stutters. I have now turned on power management in Windows services, set windows power to ultra, and set no page file under virtual memory. Things smooth now. Further testing needed to confirm, however I'm guessing this is due to multiple Windows 10 updates since, as well as MT in DCS, as well as multiple major OB updates.

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

On 8/12/2023 at 2:51 PM, Sn8ke said:

and set no page file under virtual memory.

how much physical RAM do you have? i have 128 and still have a 32 GB pagefile. not sure if the letter is necessary. i have no stutters or other performance problems.

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

19 hours ago, silverdevil said:

how much physical RAM do you have? i have 128 and still have a 32 GB pagefile. not sure if the letter is necessary. i have no stutters or other performance problems.

32 GB. My motherboard can only take 32 GB. Should I set the pagefile? System managed or manual? This was my previous setting:

IMG_0946.jpeg

Edited by Sn8ke

29 minutes ago, Sn8ke said:

32 GB. My motherboard can only take 32 GB. Should I set the pagefile? System managed or manual? This was my previous setting:

IMG_0946.jpeg

hello. those settings are good. make sure you have the pagefile on a fast SSD. and make sure the drive has plenty of room.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, silverdevil said:

hello. those settings are good. make sure you have the pagefile on a fast SSD. and make sure the drive has plenty of room.

Thanks! I have in M.2 drive, very fast

Edited by Sn8ke
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I want to thank you for posting this.  I was having the exact same stuttering problem and it started only yesterday.  I'm not sure why it just suddenly started shuddering but I played DCS for about a week since getting my new NZXT pc with a 4090 with out any problems, and then suddenly for some unknown reason this stutter started to  happen. 

Disabling the power service did in fact take care of my issue.  I'm pretty sure I attempted to reduce all power saving features during my initial windows install and setup.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow. I Googled "DCS" and "stuttering" and this post came up. Saved me from pulling out what's left of my hair. What a relief. Thank you very much for posting this fix. DCS should send out an email to all on this issue. I'm sure many are suffering in silence.

• Like 1