Mission 6 Experiences

Great mission again!! Nice flying and maneuvering inside rainy clouds. Fantastic voice overs, very immersive.

@baltic_dragonMy only small issues were;

1. The kneeboard not having the Mormon Mesa Departure plate (at least I did not find it)
  2. Following the Altitude Alert script does not work. The AA setting clears before the data can be entered. (01:12:29)
  3. 01:52:25 Fuel bay door opened by itself? Closed it right after fueling was completed.

Edited by Ready

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

I will check the frequency. It may be a bug I discovered yesterday that hit the tanker taking off from ramp - they loose their tanker status and thus are not displayed in the radio menu. Was that the case? Or it just didn’t respond?

there is another bug with A/A TACAN - distance will only be shown in A/G mode, even for airborne emitters…

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

on the topic of this mission... after the AAR exercise, I recieve the transfer complete disconnect signal from the KC135, and after disconnect, I don't seem to be getting any further instruction. Is there something else I should do?

Actually, nevermind, I missed a spacebar before i started refueling. Not sure how I missed that.

F10 | Options to to say you are done with the fun and the story picks up. (Check 01:51:30 in my video for next steps if you like.)

It is followed with an ILS approach into Nellis through rainy clouds, which is great! I will do this one a couple of times again to also practice a missed approach.

If I remember correctly you can also skip the first two parts and go direct to shooting the ILS at the startup of this mission.

Edited by Ready

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

• 2 weeks later...

Same here, I was in pre-contact position when Biff suddenly decides to do a hard left while on my right-hand side and plows into me. Complete tail sheered off and I'm ejecting while he gets to nurse his damaged plane home.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Biff!!! What are you doing?!?!

Check my approach to the tanker, maybe it is of use? I initially approached to the left observation position and had Biff to my left while refueling. The tanker was making some left and right turns as well. Guess it is some AI stuff going on there..

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

I will check the frequency. It may be a bug I discovered yesterday that hit the tanker taking off from ramp - they loose their tanker status and thus are not displayed in the radio menu. Was that the case? Or it just didn’t respond?
there is another bug with A/A TACAN - distance will only be shown in A/G mode, even for airborne emitters…

Any updates on this? I’ve tried three times and still can’t get the tanker to respond. It does appear on the menu, just no reply. (Radio 1 dialed in correctly).

I had same problem today. It all worked fine when I did the full mission but I later tried to just skip to the AAR bit only and the tänker just wouldn't respond. Frequencies all correct and I could hear shell reporting his positions. I wonder if a trigger is missed or there is some timing in the mission edit for the tanker to start? 

• 1 month later...

I don't have a problem with the tanker responding, but I don't get any HSI response when I tune the Tacan to 10X and in A/A mode in either REC or T/R.  Is this related to the bug you referred to before, or am I doing something wrong?  TCN is selected on the NMSP.  I end up having to use the F10 map to find the tanker, which isn't a big issue.  For the actual AAR part...that's a me problem 😆

On 1/30/2022 at 4:53 PM, Doofie said:

Biff turned into me as we were approaching the tanker and took my right tail fin off.  /facepalm

This reminds me that I had the same issue a couple days ago in Mission 1 when I was descending.  Biff was on my left side and pulled hard right when he went to peel off, ripping my tail off.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't have a problem with the tanker responding, but I don't get any HSI response when I tune the Tacan to 10X and in A/A mode in either REC or T/R.  Is this related to the bug you referred to before, or am I doing something wrong?  TCN is selected on the NMSP.  I end up having to use the F10 map to find the tanker, which isn't a big issue.  For the actual AAR part...that's a me problem 
I had this issue too. I had to press the TACAN button several times for it to show the tanker on the hud. I wasn't finding him at waypoint 5.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

That makes sense since it's been happening every time I attempt AAR in this mission. I head past waypoint 5 north then turn around and fly back to 5 and at that point after some time I can find the tanker.

That guy also loves to turn while trying to refuel. Last time I actually tanked in the hog was 2-3 years ago so it's a bit difficult now.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Nothing like a little AAR to to keep a person humble! Granted it was my first attempt ever and I did get to hook up for a second.

I'll second the "known issue" of TACAN AA and TACAN AA T/R apparently being bugged. The HSI just spins on the 10X station in either setting and no matter how close you get to the tanker.

In the manual reversion part of the mission, right before you being Biff mentions making sure that you're at Angels 20. The texts says "Angels 15".

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Am 30.1.2022 um 22:53 schrieb Doofie:

Biff turned into me as we were approaching the tanker and took my right tail fin off.  /facepalm

Flew this mission a couple of minutes ago, same thing happened to me. I was in the observation position and about to slot into pre-contact when Biff took my tail off while banking hard left. After 2+ hours of mission time that's a bit of an anticlimactic letdown.

Never trust an AI! 😈 🙂

@baltic_dragon Maybe if you could put Biff into an echelon left formation after hitting waypoint 5? That way the player would definitely be safe from rogue AI. 

I tried the AAR part of the mission again, and this time I was ready for Biff. He's in a very close right fingertip, and suddenly banks hard to the left, into the player. I was anticipating this move and pushed the nose down hard, avoiding a midair by a hair's breadth. The rest of the mission worked flawlessly.

Edited by Jayhawk1971
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else having radio issues when contacting the tanker?  I see a few posts above, but from 9-10 months ago.  I'm on the right freq (I can hear the tanker reporting he's going to turn at each waypoint), but I never get a response from him when trying to announce my intent to refuel.  Happened to me both when playing the 'full' mission, and when trying just the AAR part.

This is my first time trying to link up with a tanker - am I missing something obvious here?