Announcing the F-4 Phantom for DCS World!

Cobra847

4 hours ago, QuiGon said:

These are not chemtrails, but just normal engine exhaust smoke trails. Chemtrails are white in color, because of the chemicals used to indoctrinate people.

How can you be sure of that? Black chemtrails are just different chem. The black ones make you real stupid. I was hit by one and then watched the entire Harry & Meghan documentary.

• Like 12

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

4 hours ago, Aussie_Mantis said:

I sniffed a Chemtrail and it made me watch Saturday Night Live. 0/10, Government needs to make them better.

Oh my God.

I think you can sue for that. Yeah, you should definitely sue.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

On 12/28/2022 at 11:36 PM, Kalasnkova74 said:

wouldn’t be the first time:

440px-798b899970.jpg

Here are all the bastards... 😍

Jets_over_pyramids.JPEG

• Like 5

I feel need, The need for speed!

Modules:
 F-14A/B Tomcat | UH-1H | L-39 Albatros | Spitfire LF Mk.IX | Mig-15bis | P-47D Thunderbolt | Supercarrier
| Combined Arms
Wish List: F-4E | A-6E Intruder
Terrains: Persian gulf | Nevada

8 minutes ago, Kalasnkova74 said:

Relax, they’re not dropping the module at 11:59pm GMT. New DCS modules do not have deadlines.  When it’s ready, we’ll all know about it. 

Sure, but heatblur said multiple times 2022 release and said they made it in confidence, but have been silent about it since November.

While the module dropping today would be awesome, any news on the matter would be nice considering the deadline they set for themselves is approaching. 

6 minutes ago, dcsil2pilot said:

Sure, but heatblur said multiple times 2022 release and said they made it in confidence, but have been silent about it since November.

While the module dropping today would be awesome, any news on the matter would be nice considering the deadline they set for themselves is approaching. 

Heatblur can "claim" but releases has aproval by ED.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Бойовий Сокіл said:

Let alone that there will likely be a several month long pre-order with the usual heatblur PR campaign and introduction videos, tutorials, content creators getting their hands on it and so on. I can see this coming out at the end of 2023 if they want a stable, relatively bug free release. HB ain't a AAA studio and can just ship out an F-4E sim in a year.

I think it may come sooner that that; Heatblur we’re pretty quiet during the development of the AJS-37. 

vor 37 Minuten schrieb Бойовий Сокіл:

Let alone that there will likely be a several month long pre-order with the usual heatblur PR campaign and introduction videos, tutorials, content creators getting their hands on it and so on. I can see this coming out at the end of 2023 if they want a stable, relatively bug free release. HB ain't a AAA studio and can just ship out an F-4E sim in a year.

Well, HB is one of the biggest 3rd party if not the biggest with 10 fulltime employes. I think the release is not so far away.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dcsil2pilot said:

Heatblur’s already laid out the news. They set a date for end of year 2022, and then Something Unpleasant Happened in February 2022. 

So for totally unforeseen reasons the module is delayed. That’s life, and I’m perfectly OK with that. I’d rather get a fully fleshed out F-4E module in Summer 2023 or later than a buggy mess released to meet an unrealistic deadline. We’ve all seen THAT movie before. 

• Like 1

Well, at least the F-4 will be making an appearance on January 4th in the 2023 and Beyond video.  We shall see how much they give us then.  Maybe we get something in next Friday's newsletter too, who knows.  In any case, it will be exciting to see the F-4 in game.

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

3 hours ago, dcsil2pilot said:

3 hours ago, dcsil2pilot said:

It's pretty safe to assume they missed it. I fail to see the need for them to post what will amount to "Well we tried!"

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

56 minutes ago, MiG21bisFishbedL said:

It's pretty safe to assume they missed it. I fail to see the need for them to post what will amount to "Well we tried!"

I thought the Jan 4th post from ED with the F-4's in it means that we will get news/updates on the F-4 on that day - I'm holding out for more info then!

Cheers

• Like 2

https://youtube.com/@thesimnet                                    questions@thesimnet.com 

image.png

20 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Remember the January 4th has only the "2023 and Beyond" ED video, recomend dont expected a F-4E HB press release, meanwhile the ED team has on Chrismast Holidays.

Look at you being reasonable 😂

I think for many of us, it featuring in the video is news enough, though it would be nice if the devs said anything at all given the years worth of pent up hype.  

• Like 3

IMHO ED aren't going to steal HB's thunder and announce major F-4 news. When there's something substantial to say HB will say it, and it won't be on or before Jan 4.  HB had an aspirational goal of getting the F-14 out by the end of the year (was that 2018?), and it wound up arriving in May. Just sayin'.

• Like 1

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

1 hour ago, Horns said:

IMHO ED aren't going to steal HB's thunder and announce major F-4 news. When there's something substantial to say HB will say it, and it won't be on or before Jan 4.  HB had an aspirational goal of getting the F-14 out by the end of the year (was that 2018?), and it wound up arriving in May. Just sayin'.

I mean if we want to get technical, the screenshot with F-4's over the pyramids basically confirms in my opinion that the F-4 will be at least featured in the video.  I seriously doubt they would use the current AI F-4E with the low-poly model for something like that with the F-4E from Heatblur being so close.  Heatblur isn't tied to Friday newsletters like ED is so they could still announce something before Jan 4th.  Also, the F-4 isn't the F-14 and the reasons for the delays are very different.  I mean, come on, one is a war.  I honestly think they are purposely avoiding posting anything in the F-4 forums because the devs are really active in the F-14 section for instance.  They don't want to prematurely spoil anything so we get a big surprise when it releases.

• Like 3

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula