Reshade 6.0 gets native support for OpenXr

speed-of-heat

On 1/3/2024 at 12:31 PM, IR.Clutch said:

I couldn't make it work.🤔 I've tried it this way and that.

Nope you guys are right it doesn't work ...looks fabulous in the 2D mirror though 😞

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Nope

TBH, I can't even get it to run in 2D mode. But I haven't really tried very hard.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

• speed-of-heat changed the title to Reshade 6.0 gets native support for OpenXr

ReShade 6.0 works for me in VR.  Pico 4 using Virtual Desktop with VDXR.  I installed ReShade 6.0, pointed it at the DCS.exe in \bin-mt and told it that DCS uses OpenXR.

I could then launch DCS in 2D mode and configure the ReShade settings in the in-game dialog - ReShade was working in 2D as well.  I then launched DCS in VR and ReShade was running.  The ReShade dialogs and hotkeys don't work in VR (unless you are running SteamVR Desktop I think), but the shaders certainly do.  It did cost some performance though... about 5 to 8 FPS (on RTX 4090).

I used swartbyron's settings from this post and also added the VRToolkit shaders when installing ReShade.  I did remove ColorMatrix though as it was a bit too bland for me.

Need to play around with it some more, but the BloomingHDR shader is quite nice.  Just need to get the performance hit down a bit.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2024 at 9:33 PM, Dunska said:

ReShade 6.0 works for me in VR.  Pico 4 using Virtual Desktop with VDXR.  I installed ReShade 6.0, pointed it at the DCS.exe in \bin-mt and told it that DCS uses OpenXR.

I could then launch DCS in 2D mode and configure the ReShade settings in the in-game dialog - ReShade was working in 2D as well.  I then launched DCS in VR and ReShade was running.  The ReShade dialogs and hotkeys don't work in VR (unless you are running SteamVR Desktop I think), but the shaders certainly do.  It did cost some performance though... about 5 to 8 FPS (on RTX 4090).

I used swartbyron's settings from this post and also added the VRToolkit shaders when installing ReShade.  I did remove ColorMatrix though as it was a bit too bland for me.

Need to play around with it some more, but the BloomingHDR shader is quite nice.  Just need to get the performance hit down a bit.

I tried with my G2 to get 6.0 working and it immediately broke VR. Only could run VR by forcing it through Skatezillas utility. But the performance drop was too significant even with my 4090 and 13900k. Too many framedrops. I wanted to run it with openxr in VR and be able to make a UImask to brighten up the Winwing MIP displays that are exported in VR since I will be getting a MR headset in the next few months. I had to delete reshade and then repair DCS and even then it was not opening in VR Openxr anymore. Had to run steam again and click stuff then it finally started working again. I Joined the reshade discord and asked in there but no one to answer. I did see that a lot of people are having issues in various other games.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

• 1 month later...

Что то криво встает и не работает как простой решейд.
Буду еще пробывать настроить .

Edited by _GTN_Nick
дополнил