OpenXR Guide - Deprecated - This time for real (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

nikoel

Possibly use shift+Y to focus control to the headset and use ESC?

I'm not entirely sure😁

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

Hi I'm super frustrated (after being so happy with Openxr).  I  can't get get anything to 'click' right.  my G2 controllers don't work like they used to (the hat doesn't flip switches).  The mouse doesn't seem to flip switches correctly.  Basically I can't fly after seeing such great stability improvement with OpenXR.  but if I can't start up, it's useless and I'll have to go back to steamVR.

What am I doing wrong,  I can point at switches with the G2 controller and 'flip' them one way but the hat doesn't work like it did in SteamVR where I could flip a switch or dial either way with the hat.   I can't use the mouse either to point at the switch or dial.

Give me some help cause I really don't want to go back to steamvr after the graphics upgrade with openxr.  thanks

Maybe they're conflicting.

Further... Just because you can play DCS with G2 controllers, doesn't mean you should.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

On 12/13/2022 at 8:39 PM, D4n said:

How to close menus like these when they open while playing DCS? (without WMR controller, since I ordered my WMR goggles without controllers)

image.png

press the windows key on the  keyboard

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I think you can also hover over it and say 'close'. For me this works with some pop ups.

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

I run MR and I haven’t notice this maybe I’m not looking for it. I have accepted the artifacts running M R it’s just so smooth and the clarity in the cockpit is what my eye want to see. You got any screen shots? 

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

On 12/13/2022 at 3:39 PM, D4n said:

How to close menus like these when they open while playing DCS? (without WMR controller, since I ordered my WMR goggles without controllers)

image.png

it happen to me too.

I read somewhere to desable the Windows key. (you have to had a info in RegEdit)
I must say that it did not happen to me again but I Am I not 100% sure it is because of the solution.
You will find the "How too: 

image.png

Hope it help

2 hours ago, Burt said:

I run MR and I haven’t notice this maybe I’m not looking for it. I have accepted the artifacts running M R it’s just so smooth and the clarity in the cockpit is what my eye want to see. You got any screen shots? 

I'm coming from a Quest 2 and I used ASW with it and never had artifacts. Maybe I'm just being picky.

I'll be out of town for the next few days, but I'll try to get some screenshots Monday or Tuesday.

Edited by Tusk.V
  • Thanks 1

Specs: i7 13700KF @ 5.5, 64Gb RAM, RTX 4090, Pimax Crystal

1 hour ago, Tusk.V said:

I'm coming from a Quest 2 and I used ASW with it and never had artifacts. Maybe I'm just being picky.

I'll be out of town for the next few days, but I'll try to get some screenshots Monday or Tuesday.

If I use reprojection then I get a single spot of the ka50 abris that wobbles, regardless of shadows travelling over or not, it's quite odd.

The reprojection in openxr isn't as mature or refined as either steamvr or oculus at this current time so chances are you simply didn't have the artifacting in the quest. Now you do, it sticks out like a sore thumb 😁

• Like 1

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat

When I fist used VR was 2017 using CV1 oculus and I was in heaven but as soon as you start reading peoples woes you notice them and start the journey of looking for a unicorn for perfection. ignorance is bliss.

Edited by freehand
  • Like 1

On 12/15/2022 at 6:41 PM, Tusk.V said:

I'm getting some artifacts on the radar screen in the Hornet when using reprojection. Is this something I just need to deal with for now?

Actually whilst doing some testing I noticed exactly the same, occasionally it will "glitch" in a similar way to the way you get artefacts on the wings etc... It's particularly true on the a2a radar.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Since using OpenXR+OpenComposit with Reverb G2 I have noticed all shorelines have very distracting horizontal artefacts (see screenshot). I have tried cleaning metashaders + fxo folders to rebuild the shader caches, but this did not resolve this bug. Has anyone found a solution for it?

Screen_221213_221504.png

On 12/16/2022 at 1:34 PM, speed-of-heat said:

Actually whilst doing some testing I noticed exactly the same, occasionally it will "glitch" in a similar way to the way you get artefacts on the wings etc... It's particularly true on the a2a radar.

Yep. It’s like the scanning bar is causing the issues. Hopefully it’ll get worked out soon. 

On 12/15/2022 at 12:41 PM, Tusk.V said:

I'm getting some artifacts on the radar screen in the Hornet when using reprojection. Is this something I just need to deal with for now?

I noticed this yesterday also. 

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Make sure that you don't have motion smoothing enabled at all on the input tab.

18 minutes ago, edmuss said:

Make sure that you don't have motion smoothing enabled at all on the input tab.

I prefer to have it on, so I know these artifacts are just something I have to deal with for now.

It's either have it on and see artifacts, or turn it off and see blurriness when I look at the ground.

Edited by Tusk.V

Not reprojection, it's headset motion smoothing - it smooths out the jitter of your head, helpful for aiming with HMDs; check the input tab in the toolkit.  Currently causes exactly what you're getting when reprojection is turned on 🙂

edit: it's shaking reduction sorry, it used to be called motion smoothing in opentrack I think.

Edited by edmuss
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, edmuss said:

Not reprojection, it's headset motion smoothing - it smooths out the jitter of your head, helpful for aiming with HMDs; check the input tab in the toolkit.  Currently causes exactly what you're getting when reprojection is turned on 🙂

Ahhh, I've always wondered if I needed both turned on. Thanks Guru! 😃

Edited by Tusk.V

Pfft, it's a red shirt and you know it!
I think even at lower levels it causes the waterboarding effect with random parts of the cockpit swimming about like your video.

On 12/22/2022 at 9:59 AM, edmuss said:

Pfft, it's a red shirt and you know it!
I think even at lower levels it causes the waterboarding effect with random parts of the cockpit swimming about like your video.

Turning the smoothing off worked. There are still a few artifacts but it is a lot better. Thanks!

• Like 1

for about 1-2 months i have this error message in OpenXr tools. Everything is working and functional but i have that error in menu where usually can see resolution and other stuff.

I did uninstall and reinstall with no effect: openxr for windows, openxr tools, openxr toolkit. Also did install the Visual C++ Redistributables.

Any suggestions?

openxr.jpg

openxr 2.jpg

Edited by muzica9

Anyone help me out? I installed open XR and the toolkit app, and everything was working fine. Then I updated to the latest beta. Now whenever I place the Api file into the DCS main directory DCS won't work (unless I replace the original file) and I get an error message saying that the original api/vr file is missing. I then wen't back to the release version but am having the same problem now, and I can't get open XR to work with DCS anymore. Any ideas?

Might be best to wait for official support/improvements, as I don't want to become a VR/DCS tinker obssessive again!

error message- 'The application was unable to start correctly (oxc000007b0) Click ok to close the application'.

EDIT

never mind guys solved the problem. Just needed a 64 bit file!

Edited by Wolf8312

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

7 hours ago, muzica9 said:

for about 1-2 months i have this error message in OpenXr tools. Everything is working and functional but i have that error in menu where usually can see resolution and other stuff.

I did uninstall and reinstall with no effect: openxr for windows, openxr tools, openxr toolkit. Also did install the Visual C++ Redistributables.

Any suggestions?

openxr.jpg

openxr 2.jpg

Look into the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Khronos\OpenXR\ApiLayers\1\Explicit. You probably have an entry to a file not under ProgramFiles, which would cause this error.

Older versions of OpenKneeboard caused that IIRC. Or misinstalled versions of XRNS or OXRMC.

Attach a screenshot if unsure.

This account is now inactive and not monitored.