OpenXR Guide - Deprecated - This time for real (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

nikoel

Just to clarify, if we want to run OpenXR toolkit with DCS native openXR, ( and no open composite wrapper) whats the set up now? Do we still need the command line edited shortcut to start DCS ? If wanted to do a DCS repair and start fresh, what would I do? 

And regarding Turbo mode, I usually use MR and frames locked at 30, is it recommended to use Turbo as well? 

Thanks

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

2 minutes ago, markturner1960 said:

Just to clarify, if we want to run OpenXR toolkit with DCS native openXR, ( and no open composite wrapper) whats the set up now? Do we still need the command line edited shortcut to start DCS ? If wanted to do a DCS repair and start fresh, what would I do? 

And regarding Turbo mode, I usually use MR and frames locked at 30, is it recommended to use Turbo as well? 

Thanks

See first post here... in short add --force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR to your command line.

• Like 1

thx, just found those detailed and very helpful instrcutions....!

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

OK, I want to run the native DCS OpenXR, without steamVR. I have read MBucchias post and followed his instrcutiuons for this scenario checked my settings, WMR is running the WMR OpenXR runtime, Open XR tools for WMR is running version 112.2211.2002, API 1.0.24. I just ran DCS in VR using the shortcut with the added force enable VR force openXR and according to my log, DCS is launching in openVR.

For what I want should I not be seeing its running Open XR? It should say VISUALIZER (Main): LAUNCH IN VR OpenXR: Windows Mixed Reality shouldnt it? 

What do I need to do....?

14 minutes ago, markturner1960 said:

OK, I want to run the native DCS OpenXR, without steamVR. I have read MBucchias post and followed his instrcutiuons for this scenario checked my settings, WMR is running the WMR OpenXR runtime, Open XR tools for WMR is running version 112.2211.2002, API 1.0.24. I just ran DCS in VR using the shortcut with the added force enable VR force openXR and according to my log, DCS is launching in openVR.

For what I want should I not be seeing its running Open XR? It should say VISUALIZER (Main): LAUNCH IN VR OpenXR: Windows Mixed Reality shouldnt it? 

What do I need to do....?

Okay so “idiot checks” - not to call anyone an idiot, I just call them that

is the Capitalisation there as in XR etc… is capitalised exactly like you see above

are you launching DCS via DCS Updater? It won’t work via that - only DCS.exe

Do you have two dashes — instead of one (better of copy and paste anyway)

is open composite highjacking your pipeline because you have been using the drag and drop method of installing it

if you have OpenComposite exe file (as per my guide) go into the per app settings and right click on all DCS apps (there might be two for some) and check “use application default runtime” (paraphrasing of the top of my head)

Plz provide screenshot of your properties of dcs shortcut 

finally are you using the Beta version of the game? Stable doesn’t support OpenXR natively 

Edited by nikoel

Thanks, I copied the runtime linked by Baldrick a few days back, I am using beta version and will send a screeny right now of the shortcut ( I did copy and paste from the forum post so it should be correct) Not using the updater, I usually use Skatezillas app, but in this case, I made a shortcut with the command line. 

Wont I be missing the original DCS D3D file from the biun folder, as I used the open composite .exe to install it and that removes the original file doesnt it? 

If I do a DCS repair and do that use default runtime change, that should sort it out? 

Thanks for helping out, appreciated! 

openxr.pngI notice in the opencomposite config GUI pictured, it has the default runtime as "open Composite" .I right clicked on both of the DCS icons and chose use default runtime. Does that mean its forcing use open omposite? I dont want to use open composite OR steam VR do I? 

Edited by markturner1960

20 minutes ago, markturner1960 said:

Thanks, I copied the runtime linked by Baldrick a few days back, I am using beta version and will send a screeny right now of the shortcut ( I did copy and paste from the forum post so it should be correct) Not using the updater, I usually use Skatezillas app, but in this case, I made a shortcut with the command line. 

Wont I be missing the original DCS D3D file from the biun folder, as I used the open composite .exe to install it and that removes the original file doesnt it? 

If I do a DCS repair and do that use default runtime change, that should sort it out? 

Thanks for helping out, appreciated! 

You shouldn’t be using a files copied around anymore. Do a repair and that should solve it.

@markturner1960 it is hard to tell from the image but are you sure you have two dashes before each switch in the command line?

A repair will overwrite the dll but I am not 100% sure that it is necessary.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

So I have done a repair and removed the errant full stop. Now DCS wont start using the shortcut, it hangs after the authorization. Does not crash, just wont go further. 🙄

5 minutes ago, markturner1960 said:

So I have done a repair and removed the errant full stop. Now DCS wont start using the shortcut, it hangs after the authorization. Does not crash, just wont go further. 🙄

Anything in the log file?

Edit: what does it show for the OpenXR runtime in OpenXR Tools for Windows Mixed Reality?

Edited by Baldrick33

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Hi Baldrick. Thank you. So, I then tried running DCS directly by simply clicking the DCS .exe icon in bin. It ran in VR fine, but log said still running OpenVr. I was able to pull up the performance tools GUI in the sim.I then tried starting steam VR and doing the same thing, again, it started fine in VR, but performance was noticeably worse than previously, best described as a stutter when moving my head and fast moving ground objects out the side canopy doubling. So I defintely DONT want to run steam VR.

How can I get to simply running DCS with native OpenXR support and the performance toolkit from where I am now? I enclose my latest log and a picture of OpenXR tools for WMR runtime details. 

This is really f*cking with my mind now!!!!

runtime.png

dcs.log

And here is a blown up picture of my shortcut, I cant see anything wrong with it? 

shortcut.png

I’m in the same situation Mark so don’t feel bad. I still think I’m not running in native OXR because last night the last thing I did was go into my log file and saw visualization opening in openvr. 

Edited by Burt
  • Like 1

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

OpenComposite should now not be used by DCS following the repair. So whatever settings you have in that should not be relevant.

Second, are you sure you are using the latest OpenXR Toolkit Companion App (v1.2.4)?

null

image.png

Edited by slughead
  • Like 1

Thanks for the input, it is now working! I was running version 1.2.2 of the toolkit, ( note - NOT the OpenXR tools) as soon as I updated to 1.2.4 and used the shortcut, it worked.....Thanks all for the input all and Slughead for the tip! . Log file now reports using openXR. 

Edited by markturner1960
  • Like 2

I wanted to tell you that at the moment I don't notice much difference between using OpenComposite or the Native mode, for me both work quite well. What I have noticed but this has been happening to me for a long time, even before this last patch, is that sometimes I start DCS and my FPS's are somewhat low, eg 34-35 and if I close DCS and reopen exactly the same instant action  mission my FPS goes up to 45-50, is this normal? what could it be due to? Thanks.

With the release of ver 1.2.4 of OpenXR Toolkit I decided to give Turbo Mode a try.  After I activated Turbo Mode and restarted the image in the headset is upside down and rotated 180 deg.  I haven't been able to access the Toolkit menu to disable Turbo Mode.  If disable Toolkit using the checkbox provided in the app the image is orientated correctly when I return to DCS.  I had previously tried unchecking DCS World in the Toolkit app list but that didn't do anything.

1 - I realize Turbo Mode is experimental but is there away to correct the image orientation in VR?  Anyone else have this happen?

2 - Is there away to clear/reset the Toolkit settings for DCS World so that I can access it again?

Thanks for your help!

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

14 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

Are you using xr necksafer? If so launch it after dcs.

UPDATE

After going through a several different scenarios I'm pretty sure its an issue caused by Necksafer.  Even when I launch NeckSafer after DCS has started I still get the upside down and 180deg rotated image in VR.  If I go into Necksafer and use the deactivate layer option and then run DCS its fine.

I'm going to try and uninstall and re-install and see if this fixes the issue.

I reported the issue on the Necksafer Discord and apparently offers are having the same issue.  

Edited by CrackerJack

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

• 1 month later...
On 3/17/2022 at 5:33 AM, nikoel said:

By request of a few members I have put this guide back up. But please note OpenXR now runs natively on DCS

TURBO and Reprojection work with the latest version of OpenXR Toolkit!

You may be better off with the official implementation than with OpenComposite (aka this guide) If you are unsure, I would suggest to start with the official implementation first

What is this?

An early quickstart guide on OpenXR for DCS specifically for Windows Mixed Reality Headsets – OpenComposite. It is designed to bypass WMR4SteamVR and interact with OpenXR via this new method

NOTE: Windows Mixed Reality Headsets are specific VR Devices such as Reverb G1, G2, Samsung's Super-Mario Odyssey etc. Some examples of headsets that are NOT WMR are Oculus Rift, Pimax, Varjo. There are ways to make some of those non-WMR headsets work with OpenXR but this guide is not designed for them

This post is constantly updated so you don't have to read through 2 billion comments. The community has donated it's time, effort, expertise and countless hours of frustrations to get this to where it is today. If you have an issue, make sure to read this post fully before posting

Why do I want this?

Improved visuals and performance. The connection between Windows Mixed Reality portal and SteamVR is a performance bottleneck. It also consumes more VRAM. The strobe lightshow that are the DCS loading screens are a lot more Valium and a lot less Ecstasy

How much performance and visual improvement is there?

Depends a lot on your hardware and settings. Textures felt like a generational upgrade. For those who don't run reprojection, because of a different way OpenXR Handles frame delivery, gameplay has fewer stutters and is smoother. For those who run reprojection, OpenXR can reproject 45, 30 and 22FPS, instead of SteamVR's sole 45FPS 

What works and what doesn’t?

Mods

Reshade does not work but reshading can be done via OpenXR Toolkit (more on this shortly)
OpenVR_FSR does not work.
FSR/NIS Works via the latest version OpenXR Toolkit 
OpenKneeboard now works! Thank you
VrNecksaver now works

Reprojection

It's currently not great. (Especially on AMD cards it’s garbage) - generally a bit wonky where there are distortions & strobing (eg rotor blades, WWII aircraft) but works. You are injecting artificial frames which guess. Clarity will suffer. If it was this easy to bump up FPS, every game would be doing this. It has made large strides since the first Alpha iteration where it just crashed. It’s 2022. I don’t want to kink shame. So if you’re into it, have a go. A version with better performance is in the works which according to devs at Microsoft might take weeks or months

Shaders

I don't run any! OpenXR, The Toolkit with Open Composite is a far superior combination that is designed to run together in unison. Especially with the latest release which can adjust a lot of parameters and even gives you fancy sunglasses. Shaders can be buggy, often break with updates and can have unintended consequences with OpenXR

However! If you're into reprojection then there is a shader mod that gets rid of rotor shadows which solves the artefact issues in the apache

It's easy! You need 3 things 

1)    OpenComposite Release

2)    OpenXR Tools

3)    OpenXR Toolkit* [OPTIONAL BUT RECOMMENDED], Sharpening Saturation and Contrast controls, Reprojection etc etc...

Let's go!

Instructions 
By popular demand: For the fast method you may be able to get away with only Steps 2, 3, 4 

(CAUTION: The fast method is also known as the very slow method if you account for the inevitability of having to come back to do all the steps properly)

1) Clean/Repair DCS

Start with a clean baseline and resolution settings

You *must* start with a clean installation of DCS. This doesn’t mean a reinstall. Just thorough clean/repair and check.  For standalone installation do this via the Skatezilla utility (link below). Do a clean and a repair, make sure that the checkbox to check all the files is selected and additionally search for extra files too. Don't skip this step unless you know you have a fresh and clean install

• Pixel Density inside the far right tab in the DCS settings must be set to 1.0 
  • Please use the skatezilla utility. (This thread would be a fraction as big if everyone did the above ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ )

image.png

2) Download and install latest release of OpenXR Tools for windows

Its here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/openxr-tools-for-windows-mixed-reality/9n5cvvl23qbt

• Tick Use latest preview and customise the render (the % is the same as SteamVR aka 100% for Reverb is 3100px).
  • Set the runtime as OpenXR in the far right 'home tab' (if you don't see the option then it's good to go)
  • Optional in the far right tab there is a [very purple] OpenXR demo scene you can quickly run to see if everything is good to go 

I recommend to Leave Motion Reprojection off/auto - but if you're into it then turn it on (P.S. Ignore auto. It is currently for MSFS only and behaves as 'off' in DCS)

NOTE: You can leave the render resolution unticked, in which case OpenXR will decide for you what the resolution you will get, but it's unlikely to be 100%

image.png

image.png

3) Download OpenComposite

It's here: https://gitlab.com/znixian/OpenOVR/-/tree/openxr#system-wide-installation - scroll down to 'System Wide Installation' and click download link titled 'OpenComposite Launcher'

• Extract the folder and put it somewhere safe (Desktop or Documents folder - but not inside sensitive folder eg. windows or program files) 
  • Run OpenComposite.exe (A small number people reported that they needed to right click 'run as Admin')
  • Windows Defender has caused installation issues for some. If there are issues of starting in VR, Make sure it's not blocking OpenComposite

Screenshot 2022-11-06 001656.png

4) Set runtime to OpenComposite

(Which connects DCS to OpenXR) - On first startup it needs to download DLL's. Wait for that to complete before going to the next step.
NOTE: The app configuration screenshot below is post DCS launch. Initially, you will likely see a blank page. This is normal

• The application allows you to select which individual games you would like to connect via SteamVR and OpenComposite and comes with a built in update utility! Just run it every now and then to check for updates - Neato! 

image.png

5) Make sure that WMRP -> Settings -> Startup & Desktop -> Automatic Start Up -> SteamVR automatic launch is unticked

(Optional) My settings for WMRP are as follows, but you do you boo

1708007745_Screenshot2022-02-10173434.png.df81e90eb2522c274a1009ad13f11a72.png

Screenshot 2022-11-06 122935.png

6) Re-calibrate your headset by clearing the environment

Then realigning via Mixed Reality Portal, SEATED, and with the headset in the exact same position and with the exact same posture and direction you intend to fly in. This really helps tracking 

image.png

If you already had an earlier version of OpenComposite installed, from now on you will only need to create an opencomposite.ini if you have a specific purpose for it. It goes into the bin folder. I have attached a working example. But I no longer use it - in the past it has helped me with VR controllers and mouse (to see all available options go to https://gitlab.com/znixian/OpenOVR/-/tree/openxr 

First DCS launch you will likely not see the loading screen in VR as the shaders are compiled. This will only be the case for the first launch. Be patient, or take the headset off and watch your mirror screen instead

Enjoy DCS

OpenXR Toolkit - (Do it!)

1) Do this only once you have completed the steps above and everything works. Failure to do this can cost you a lot of time. A lot easier to troubleshoot without OpenXR Toolkit

2) Download this:  https://mbucchia.github.io/OpenXR-Toolkit/

3) Install and launch

Screenshot 2022-11-06 002124.png

4) Launch DCS then CTRL+F2 (or whatever keystroke you've setup inside the toolkit - mine are CTRL+ALT Up/Down/Left/Right) the menu will only appear inside VR

5) If the game fails to launch after the installation of OpenXR Toolkit or it doesn’t work then please see here: https://mbucchia.github.io/OpenXR-Toolkit/troubleshooting.html#missing-visual-c-system-component

6) Optional: Try out TURBO🐌 mode inside the OpenXR toolkit. It may give you extra performance but this may screw with FPS/Frame Time statistics. So use your eyeballs to gauge the difference.

Finally, I *Highly* Recommend staying away from ASW/Reprojection and instead using the OpenXR Toolkit to lock yourself to 55FPS for a 90HZ headset such as Reverb G2. Going above that rate will likely give you stutters unless you can reach the magical 90FPS mark. Doing so consistently is a fools errand. Even 4090 owners will get CPU limited in DCS

Post Install

Everything works; but if you are interested in getting every bit out of your new setup please see @edmuss tuning guide. The first post just like this one is also always updated

Please read these additional requirements and steps that might apply to you

• Mbucchia's Tips can be found here and are excellent. I highly recommend reading them as it will give you understanding of what is happening and often encountered issues, which I have written about below https://mbucchia.github.io/OpenXR-Toolkit/opencomposite.html

• Don't use the in-game settings to increase Pixel Density, use the OpenXR dev tool. It must be left at 1.0

• Because OpenXR is very new, you must have a fully updated version of Windows 

• If you are able to render above 45FPS (or 50% of your refresh rate). Are really not into this reprojection business (unfortunately AMD Cards suck balls when it comes to reprojection/ASW) but are getting judding/rippling/stuttering. Use the toolkit to lock FPS to ~46. Dont be afraid to experiment with different FPS figures. The balance lies somewhere around 45-60FPS but YMMV - also you need to be able to actually render the frames you're locking yourself to

• But what if I am the kind of man who wants smooth game-play and also enjoys nausea inducing epileptic strobe lightshow whilst I fly in DCS. I got you fam! Just turn on the 60hz setting inside Mixed Reality -> Headset Display -> Frame Rate. Glow in the dark MDMA pacifiers optional, but are highly encouraged

• Are you seeing DCS through a fishbowl but you're not a fish? Try this: 

• Some people have an old version of OpenXR installed. This is especially the case if you in the past have run MSFS and/or beta/early releases of VR applications and windows. For some people it refuses to update. If performance is bad, do the following: Remove all three apps (screenshot below) and install OpenXR Developer tools. Then navigate to the right most tab which gives you a link to install the OpenXR Runtime via the Windows Store (something that I could not find by searching the store alone) - Install that, don't bother with the toolkit and launch DCS. Once performance is confirmed to be better, you may install the Toolkit

image.png

• Nvidea graphic card holders disable hardware-assisted GPU scheduling (HAGS). This is especially the case if you run OpenKneeboard or any of the additional non-standard addons. Failure to do this can in some instances give you a penalty of around ~20FPS. The issue stems around multiple processes using Direct3D/2D concurrently 

• AMD Card holders Navi and above. Work out your maximum stable clock speed and set the minimum speed 100-200mhz below that using Adrenaline Software

A note about performance in OpenXR and why performance figures do not make sense and my attempt getting in front of 'tHe FpS FiGuReS aRe WoRsE!'

Please see this: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/vr-reverb-g2-wmr-performance-motion-reprojection-cpu-issues-overclocking/497696/4?u=mbucchia

TL/DR - Put down those FPS metrics and touch some grass. The only thing that matters is if you feel the performance is better. The only thing that matters if you see the visual difference

P.S Jesus! Forget crypto miners, it's all you guys who have been buying up the 3090's 

A massive; yuuuuge Thank you to Jabbah, Znix, Microsoft's Matthieu B and his team for this work and donating their own time (not to mention their sanity answering our dumb questions). These guys are the hero's who are responsible for OpenComposite, OpenXR Toolkit and OpenXR it self

I just followed the directions above, and so far so good with my G2. Thanks very much for making such a cogent description of what to do and where to find and employ the necessary resources to do it.

Also: How the heck is this not pinned?

• Like 1
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.80 GHz; 80.0 GB DDR4 3200 (2 x 32; 2 x 8); nVidia RTX4090 24GB RAM; 2TB Samsung 980 NVmA; 2TB HDD; 1TB SSD (System); MoBo MSI X-570 A Pro; PSU: Corsair RM1000X
3 x ASUS 27" 2560 x 1440 75fps monitors, stitched/surround for DCS
1 x ViewSonic 27" Touchscreen (Viewsonic 3420)

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

It’s not pinned because we got official DCS implementation of OpenXR

It’s two weeks later; the clock has struck midnight and the future is now!

With one argument inside the DCS shortcut we can now have home grown multithreading and OpenXR; no open composite needed

This thread and open composite were glorious! It was so popular at one point we crashed opencomposite update/download servers. Worth the effort and may have even helped get to us to where we are today but it’s time to say goodbye (for dcs anyway, I still have it installed for Il2)

Edited by nikoel
  • Like 1

Open composite still holds the fort for getting other sims (elite dangerous, dirt rally 2 etc) into openxr 🙂

• Like 1

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

Fantastic thread

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

On 1/2/2023 at 2:33 AM, Glide said:

I was wondering how to get my High Visib Range back, and I stumbled on to these settings; basically move Anisotropic Filtering and Antialiasing to the Nvidia Control Panel.  Seems to me the quality improves considerably with the same sharpness.

Settings for Nvidia AA and AF.jpg

Nvidia AA and AF.png

I used to have these your settings, but lately I did some optimization for VR (also using trackIR), and did some modifications. Now I am wondering did you do any changes? And if you also have VR for these settings?