OpenXR Guide - Deprecated - This time for real (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

nikoel

3 minutes ago, Fish said:

Anyone else having the mouse cursor constantly visible? Normally gets hidden after a few seconds. 

It is unrelated to OpenXR, came about with the previous patch:

• Thanks 1

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

40 minutes ago, Sr. said:

If your'e DCS install is anywhere downstream of :\Program Files\ it might be a permissions issue.

Got it to work by running a small repair with Skatezillas tool. Installing kegetys shaders keeps freezing DCS in mission loading. But DCS works and I also guess OpenXR does. However, being able to  bring up Setting popup doest work anymore suddenly. And I also have the sticky cursore like Fish.

Edit: Forget about the cursor, just saw post above me. 

Edited by Bisch

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

Issue with water:

I have a Reverb G2 and my GCU is a 3070ti. I have installed openxr but having an issue with water. In the settings, at the low the water doesn't look good, and in the medium or high it disappears like on the picture.
Do you have any idea of the issue? solution?  In steam VR works well.

OpenComposite_DCS_20220330_91712.jpg

Edited by Voolpy

Am 17.3.2022 um 10:33 schrieb nikoel:

Instructions

1)    Clean/Repair DCS and start with a clean baseline and resolution settings. This means IPD must be set 1.0

How can I set the IPD to "1.0"? On the special tab I have "Force IPD Distance" set to 70

Thx for Tips.

1 minute ago, Rufuz64 said:

How can I set the IPD to "1.0"? On the special tab I have "Force IPD Distance" set to 70

Thx for Tips.

@nikoel Think you've got a typo 😄

@Rufuz64 This should read PD as in pixel density, it is imperative that this is set to 1.0 in DCS for OC_ACC to work.

24 minutes ago, Voolpy said:

Issue with water:

I have a Reverb G2 and my GCU is a 3070ti. I have installed openxr but having an issue with water. In the settings, at the low the water doesn't look good, and in the medium or high it disappears like on the picture.
Do you have any idea of the issue? solution?  In steam VR works well.

OpenComposite_DCS_20220330_91712.jpg

Have you cleared out your fxo and metashaders folders?

• Thanks 1

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

Sorry to sound a bit dense, but is this where I should be downloading OpenXr Developer Tools from? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/openxr-tools-for-windows-mixed-reality/9n5cvvl23qbt?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

For me it's installed version 104.2012.9003 and doesn't allow me to load the developer settings page, giving an error communicating with the Mixed Reality OpenXR service message.  Just making sure this is the same version everyone else is using.  

I'm able to run DCS fine, but would obviously like to be able to make some changes to the settings.

Cheers

Editing to say that version is actually my WMR runtime version, not the Developer Tools version.  I think tools is 110.2202.10002.0.

Edited by pierscockey

i9 12900KS  |  3090ti 24GB  |  64GB 5200Mhz DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum

GS-4 Seat  |  NLM V3  |  VPC MongoosT-50M2 Base  |  Warthog Throttle + stick  |  MFG Crosswind  |  Reverb G1

There are two apps to install on the openxr side in addition to the OC_ACC files that are put into dcs/bin, the openxr developer tools which you linked to and the openxr toolkit which gives you access to the menus and tweaks ingame 🙂

In the openxr developer tools you can select to use the latest preview of the openxr runtime.

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat

Thanks Edmuss.  I couldn't actually get to the settings page at all, but managed to fix it by uninstalling OpenXR, I was then prompted to reinstall it when next loading WMR.  Now it all works!

Only solutions I had found online was to reinstall Windows, so happy it didn't come to that!

• Like 1

GS-4 Seat  |  NLM V3  |  VPC MongoosT-50M2 Base  |  Warthog Throttle + stick  |  MFG Crosswind  |  Reverb G1

Well now it's working, head over to my tuning guide if you haven't already 🙂

Just wanted to pop in to say thanks again to the devs and the Guinea pigs.

I've always avoided Marianas because it was just a stuttery frustrating mess, but I just took my first  flight around the island since it was released and.... WOW.

I am truly impressed, and look forward to what future developments bring.

Marianas is gorgeous, especially in the Apache... and I've never seen so many cars. 😆

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

20 minutes ago, edmuss said:

Well now it's working, head over to my tuning guide if you haven't already 🙂

I’ll be over there first thing tomorrow! 👍

37 minutes ago, Sr. said:

Just wanted to pop in to say thanks again to the devs and the Guinea pigs.

I've always avoided Marianas because it was just a stuttery frustrating mess, but I just took my first  flight around the island since it was released and.... WOW.

I am truly impressed, and look forward to what future developments bring.

Marianas is gorgeous, especially in the Apache... and I've never seen so many cars. 😆

cool!  me too.  Was daring to take the Apache around on it but worth it!  🙂

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

13 hours ago, A.F. said:

Hi,
I have freshly installed Windows 10, freshly installed DCS, then copied the three files openvr_api, opencomposite, D3DCompiler_47 into the bin folder, then made the settings in the OpenXR Developer Tools, then started DCS. Everything works.

Then I installed the OpenXR Toolkit. 
When I start OpenXR Toolkit, this error is displayed:

9DF0C9D2-E389-4497-906D-028A7AC86756.png

This is an issue with wrong UAC settings

See here https://github.com/mbucchia/OpenXR-Toolkit/issues/136

Don’t forget to thank Mbucchia

8 hours ago, edmuss said:

@nikoel Think you've got a typo 😄

@Rufuz64 This should read PD as in pixel density, it is imperative that this is set to 1.0 in DCS for OC_ACC to work.

Have you cleared out your fxo and metashaders folders?

Many thanks Edmuss for you help. I deleted the fxo and metashader files found - made a repair. But still I have the graphic issue. 

Edited by Voolpy

I hope this question hasn't been answered in this thread yet. After a DCS update, these files are replaced by DCS again. "openvr_api, D3DCompiler_47"

Is that correct or do I have to back up the files beforehand and copy them back into the directory afterwards ?

THX !

Greetings from Germany

Spoon

AMD 7800X3D | Asus TUF Gaming X670E Plus | Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 64GB @6000MHz| NVIDIA 4090 FE | DCS only @ M.2 WD SN850X 1TB | Quest 3 & Virtual Desktop | TM Warthog | TM Pedals | | My F-18 Rogers SimPit

11 minutes ago, Voolpy said:

Many thanks Edmuss for you help. I deleted the fxo and metashader files found - made a repair. But still I have the graphic issue. 

This looks to me like a reshade/shader issue. Tell me, you're not running or have been running the clearwater or any other reshaders have you?

If the answer is yes, can you please use the Skatezilla utility to check for additional files (not repair) make sure you tick the box which says thorough check (I am paraphrasing, can't remember what it actually says) - I suspect you have legacy files hiding which were messing with the water

5 minutes ago, LtSpoon said:

I hope this question hasn't been answered in this thread yet. After a DCS update, these files are replaced by DCS again. "openvr_api, D3DCompiler_47"

Is that correct or do I have to back up the files beforehand and copy them back into the directory afterwards ?

THX !

Greetings from Germany

Spoon

Willkommen. Der antwort fuer deine frage ist hier

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/295123-update-293-v062-openxr-quickstart-guide-for-g2-g1-and-other-headsets/?do=findComment&comment=4932461

Edited by nikoel
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, nikoel said:

This looks to me like a reshade/shader issue. Tell me, you're not running or have been running the clearwater or any other reshaders have you?

If the answer is yes, can you please use the Skatezilla utility to check for additional files (not repair) make sure you tick the box which says thorough check (I am paraphrasing, can't remember what it actually says) - I suspect you have legacy files hiding which were messing with the water

Willkommen. Der antwort fuer deine frage ist hier

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/295123-update-293-v062-openxr-quickstart-guide-for-g2-g1-and-other-headsets/?do=findComment&comment=4932461

Many thanks for your help Edmuss and Nikoel!!.it is appreciable.

I do not use Skatezilla utility and not others.

I found a solution that works (by doing tests) - I didn't see any other graphic issue. I unchecked the box in the development tool kit to try - I don't have the problem anymore - I redid the trial with the box checked and the problem came back.

so I probably have an old file lying around despite the previous actions

so for the moment I'll  keep the box unchecked.

Screenshot_6.jpg

Edited by Voolpy

Wow, that`s a really game changer for VR: +20% improvement on my rig (g2, 8086K, 3080ti). Only one thing I'm missing: does you guys already find replacement for VrNeckSafer? 

DCS rig: Ryzen 7 5800X3D; 128gb DDR4 3600, RTX4090; 1tb samsung 960 evo; HP Reverb G2-> Quest Pro.

Никогда не спорьте с идиотами. Вы опуститесь до их уровня, где они вас задавят своим опытом.

On 3/25/2022 at 9:52 PM, edmuss said:

There is currently a potential bug in the OXR reprojection so if you get an unstable image with it on then it's not working correctly; it's currently being looked into to see if a cause can be identified.

Reprojection always on and unlocked with 100% resolution works nicely with my 3070.

Done some testing this morning, and i cant seem to get any improvements.

Doing the manual install of the files into the Bin map, keeping OpenXR at 100% and motion reprojection at off gives me stuttery movements while having a locked 60fps.

Its like HAGS is on and im experiencing the problems i used to have months ago caused by HAGS. First thing i did was to see of HAGS was on, but it wasnt.

Using reprojection makes it a visual mess specially looking at moving rotors. I only seem to get perfectly smooth performance when i lower the render scale all back to like 20%, no msaa, which in game gives me a solid 90fps. But offcourse the visuals are crap.

Not sure why this is happening. If someone has an explanation for this im happy to hear it.

Edit: extra info: i was sure to repair DCS two times and removed the FXO and metashader files in advance.

Edited by RvL

MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus - Ryzen 5 5600x - RTX3070 - 32GB Ram - HP Reverb G2 - Warthog HOTAS - VKB rudder pedals

It might be worthwhile resetting WMR to be the openxr runtime.  If you're getting jelly eels/bubbly  artifacts with MR on when not looking at a rotor or it's shadows (so in a jet then :D) then the runtime reset may help it.  Be aware the rotor and it's shadow are always going to be artifacting worse than SVR at the moment.

Your system is almost identical to mine so should be pretty similar performance wise.

I've found that 75% render scale with no FSR and no foveated rendering and MR off gives my the best balance of clarity and performance.  With DCS settings high apart from visible range and water medium and clouds low and MSAAx2 I can get 60 fps in the hog on Caucasus typically dropping down to 50 at worst.  At this I notice very little stutter and it looks incredible with just about all shimmer eliminated.  Using the same settings on syria I would probably drop the MSAA.

Once curious thing I have found and I don't know if this is placebo or just subjective to the small sample test that I carried out but enabling HAGS and setting vr pre-rendered frames to 3 actually made the stutter at low framerates more palatable.  I loaded up my Beruit rooftop flyover I was dropping down to 28fps at times, view through the front 100° arc was completely smooth, 3-9 line was ghosting but this is very much a worst case scenario with higher settings that I would run.  40 fps was acutally rather useable!

I think I'm pretty tolerant of stutter though so you might find it horrific 😄

Did a reset of wmr, but the stutters persist. With 75% render scale, no msaa, medium to low graphics, im getting between 65 and 70 fps, but i cant handle the stutters when moving my head arround the cockpit.

Looks like im heading back to my previous settings and keep waiting for ED to introduce some serious VR improvements/vulkan.

Nonetheless, i appreciate you guys projects like these which seems to contribute great improvements for many players. Keep it up.

• Like 1

MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus - Ryzen 5 5600x - RTX3070 - 32GB Ram - HP Reverb G2 - Warthog HOTAS - VKB rudder pedals

vor 6 Stunden schrieb nikoel:

This is an issue with wrong UAC settings

See here https://github.com/mbucchia/OpenXR-Toolkit/issues/136

Don’t forget to thank Mbucchia

none of this has helped...

better said Toolkit starts but now I get this error message when I start DCS and my PC freezes

Ok, I give up in a frustrated way!

I have to be a computer nerd to get this thing to work... at least in my case!

Too bad!

Screenshot (4).png

Edited by A.F.

9 minutes ago, RvL said:

Did a reset of wmr, but the stutters persist. With 75% render scale, no msaa, medium to low graphics, im getting between 65 and 70 fps, but i cant handle the stutters when moving my head arround the cockpit.

Looks like im heading back to my previous settings and keep waiting for ED to introduce some serious VR improvements/vulkan.

Nonetheless, i appreciate you guys projects like these which seems to contribute great improvements for many players. Keep it up.

Your other option if you're holding 65-70fps is to run the G2 at 60 hz, because you're above refresh rate it will be butter smooth all the time.  Then you can increase the DCS settings till you just keep over the 60fps at worst case.

On SVR I was 60hz all the time because the 3070 didn't have the grunt to keep above the 50fps threshold for MR to stay engaged, with 60hz it would reproject down to 30fps which gives a massive overhead.  Visually they are identical apart from the refresh rate flicker from the panels but that is a personal preference as to whether you can stomach it or not.

Edited by edmuss

51 minutes ago, edmuss said:

Your other option if you're holding 65-70fps is to run the G2 at 60 hz, because you're above refresh rate it will be butter smooth all the time.  Then you can increase the DCS settings till you just keep over the 60fps at worst case.

On SVR I was 60hz all the time because the 3070 didn't have the grunt to keep above the 50fps threshold for MR to stay engaged, with 60hz it would reproject down to 30fps which gives a massive overhead.  Visually they are identical apart from the refresh rate flicker from the panels but that is a personal preference as to whether you can stomach it or not.

Might try the 60hz again. Did it before, but indeed the flickering is somewhat distracting.

@edmussIsnt it strange that having a constant 60 fps or above will not lock the fps at 45 with reprojection on? Or am i missing something..

Edited by RvL
  • Like 1