Cycle between steerpoints

ebabil
Go to solution Solved by davidrbarnette,

Sorry for silly question. I am trying to figure out this beast. 

How do I cycle bwtween waypoints? Is there a button or a rocker like we have in f16 or a10?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

It is also nice to know that in Navigation Mode If you fly to a route waypoint and pass it <0.1 nm, the system will switch in auto to the next one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, davidrbarnette said:

Just hit ‘RTE’ on the TSD, hit ‘DIR’, then click the waypoint you want to fly to or punch it into the keypad thing as W02 (i.e. for waypoint 2). Easy.

Something seems weird with this. From a hot ramp start this works fine. From a cold start, no matter which waypoint I select, the waypoint will stay on W01. 

33 minutes ago, Nealius said:

Something seems weird with this. From a hot ramp start this works fine. From a cold start, no matter which waypoint I select, the waypoint will stay on W01. 

Not trying to insult your intelligence, but you have a W02 built I'm assuming right? You entered it in on the KU no spaces and it doesn't update anything? If not it sounds like a bug. 

11 minutes ago, kgillers3 said:

Not trying to insult your intelligence, but you have a W02 built I'm assuming right? You entered it in on the KU no spaces and it doesn't update anything? If not it sounds like a bug. 

Three waypoints. Punching it in the keypad works, but selecting it through the MPD does not when from a cold start. From a hot start, selecting through the MPD works fine.

53 minutes ago, Nealius said:

Three waypoints. Punching it in the keypad works, but selecting it through the MPD does not when from a cold start. From a hot start, selecting through the MPD works fine.

So if I understand this correctly you're saying TSD > RTE > DIR > Point ? and typing it in it updates correctly.   You get the fly to and a line from your ownship to the WP.  But If you Cursor acquisition it doesn't work? 

If you're able to get it from 1 way but not the other as far as starts it sounds like a bug potentially.  Also for Cold start you're waiting for the INU to finish aligning so the aircraft knows where it is before you're trying to direct to it right? 

Sorry I'm not trying to be insulting or anything, just trying to understand the situation 🤷‍♂️

I was wondering this as well and asked wags in the comments of his recent video. His answer was "Select as your Direct to DIR" so I'll have to check that out.

Then there's also casmo's TSD video here at 4:03 where he shows under the PAN screen that theres a Route up and down arrow that cycles between waypoints 

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

@kgillers3 I haven't tried cursor acquisition yet. The last hot-start mission I flew, I selected RTE-->DIR, then clicked W03 from the waypoint list that appears on the right of the TSD display. Confirmed line to W03, and W03 in the HMD as well. 

However, doing the same in the last cold-start mission I flew, it refused to switch to W03 and stayed on W01. 

• Like 1

How odd. I just tested the Syria cold start, and the waypoints worked exactly as expected for me. I selected Direct to WP01, and the system sequenced onto WP02 as I passed within 0.1km. I was also able to select Direct to WP02 using the bezel buttons and also by using the MPD cursor. 

I've been unable to reproduce the waypoint issue, but I have had a few weird one-off bugs with the Apache that sorted themselves after a restart of DCS. The weirdest being an unclickable cockpit (mouse cursor wouldn't even change color). 

Edited by Nealius

55 minutes ago, Nealius said:

I've been unable to reproduce the waypoint issue, but I have had a few weird one-off bugs with the Apache that sorted themselves after a restart of DCS. The weirdest being an unclickable cockpit (mouse cursor wouldn't even change color). 

Never had that happen in DCS, but it has in some other games from time to time, leading me to suspect it's a local problem on my PC rather than any one piece of software. I have a few Steam games that seem to open in the background even though they appear in front of any open windows.  I can sometimes fix it by tabbing out and back in once or twice. Maybe that will work for you and DCS.