ED, really?

admiki

22 minutes ago, admiki said:

Então, o hotfix foi lançado hoje e o AH-64 recebeu 36 itens adicionados/consertados.

Até o F16 e o F18 conseguiram alguma coisa.

O que conseguimos para Hind? Nada!

ED obrigado por nada

Calm that heart! It is normal for Apache to receive more attention as it has just been released. I'm sure ED should release fixes for Hind in the future.

• Like 1

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

42 minutes ago, ThorBrasil said:

Calm that heart! It is normal for Apache to receive more attention as it has just been released. I'm sure ED should release fixes for Hind in the future.

If I remember correctly, Hind was released after both F18 and F16. Following your logic, we should see more attention to Hind than those two, yet we don't?

Yes, I do know Hind will get updates in the future, but that still doesn't make everything OK. 

Some of the bugs were reported a long time ago and there is still no fix, yet Apache's not game breaking bugs are fixed in 10 days. It may be fine for you but I don't feel that way.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, admiki said:

If I remember correctly, Hind was released after both F18 and F16. Following your logic, we should see more attention to Hind than those two, yet we don't?

Yes, I do know Hind will get updates in the future, but that still doesn't make everything OK. 

Some of the bugs were reported a long time ago and there is still no fix, yet Apache's not game breaking bugs are fixed in 10 days. It may be fine for you but I don't feel that way.

I understand your side. I would love to see the Yak-52 finished as it was released in 2018 and to this day it has not been finished. It is a relatively simple aircraft compared to the others. The aircraft doesn't even have weapons, but the most we can do is wait.

• Like 3

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

1 hour ago, admiki said:

So, hotfix came out today and AH-64 got 36 items added/fixed.

Even F16 and F18 got something.

What did we get for Hind? Nothing!

ED thank you for nothing

I was thinking about purchasing the AH64 also, but I think I'm gonna wait until the mi24 gets some much needed attention, the autopilot issues in particular. It was really disappointing that there was not even a single line for the Hind in the update list. 😕

• Like 8

I'd caution for patience.

ED is doing a lot overall. Step back and look at the big picture from their perspective. 

They didn't give you another "viper" situation, instead they learned and offered up a great launch for the Hind. And the Thunderbolt. And the Mosquito. And now the Apache.

I'm sure they have some things in the pipeline for the HIND, maybe those things just weren't ready right at this moment, fully tested for all user types. I think the Hind and Apache have probably had great sales, as I also think ED has grown a lot in the last couple years. 

Sure, you aren't thrilled at the situation at this time, and it's your right to express disappointment, but I think it won't be all that long before you'll see improvements that you'll like to see!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rick50 said:

Step back and look at the big picture from their perspective. 

I have been a big fan of ED since Flanker 2.0 times, and will likely remain so. But honestly, the big picture is that half-baked products appears to be the name of the game here. A couple of items in the update list, even minor ones, would have made many folks happy. And lack of it gives the impression that Hind development is shelved at this time. I understand that they need cashflow and AH64 is probably one of the top selling modules, so they're concentrating resources on it, but c'mon... not a single line for the Hind in the whole list? Slap in the face really.  Knowing ED, I had postponed my purchase of Hind for a long time, and resisted the temptation, until the current SimFest discount. What can I say? Just keep waiting, I guess.   

Edited by primus_TR
  • Like 3

• ED Team
1 hour ago, admiki said:

So, hotfix came out today and AH-64 got 36 items added/fixed.

Even F16 and F18 got something.

What did we get for Hind? Nothing!

ED thank you for nothing

It was a hotfix especially for the release of the -64, it wasnt meant to be an all encompassing patch, even if some other modules some some minor fixes. 

• Like 3

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

15 minutes ago, NineLine said:

It was a hotfix especially for the release of the -64, it wasnt meant to be an all encompassing patch, even if some other modules some some minor fixes. 

Fine, I can accept that. And I'll admit some of the bugs fixed are significant.

When are we going to see hotfix for Hind?

Unexplained oscilations at certain regimes, anti-ice system not working, rocket selection issues, HSI, Jadro and list goes on. And it has been for quite some time now.

Some of the Hind team were pulled to help with Apache release. Fine, you wanted it out. How about now some of the Apache team is pulled to work on, tbh significant Hind issues, instead of fixing missing rotor on TADS or wrong wheel rotation on brake application?

• Like 3

Be fair. Some times ED and 3rd party devs efforts will align with your particular likings, other times not so much. For example some users have zero interest on helicopters, others on WW2 stuff, others don´t fly modern jets. We users can´t blame ED to try reaching a wider audience, it´s part of the rules of the game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

1 minute ago, Sobakopes said:

Almost as if going for apache was a mistake before going for cobra and fixing hind. 

Mi-24P Hind

Development Progress

Because much of our Mi-24P team has been assisting with the AH-64D project, you may have noticed that updates have been slim recently. Nevertheless, we do have good progress in the weapons department. Work on the rear gunner cabin is finished, and we are working on the gunner model itself and AI behaviour. The rear cabin will contain a Kord 12.7 mm heavy machine gun that you may have tried in DCS: Mi-8MTV2. 

Apart from rear gunner position, we are making good progress on integration of the R-60 air-to-air missile. The design of the cockpit panel and functionality aspects of this missile is almost feature complete. We are planning to make this missile available before remodeling IR-missile guidance in DCS.

In the avionics systems department, we have finished work on "Greben" course navigation system code refactoring. We have also worked on the magnetic adjustment capabilities of the KM-2 panel in the front cockpit.

38 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

I actually copied links to significant bugs that are unresolved for at least 3 months now and then realised that no matter what I say you will not change your mind, so I'll just leave it at that.

@Ala12Rv-Tundraam I not being fair? In general I agree with you. I told I am fine with ED taking Hind team to help with Apache.

Take a look at my post above yours, specifically listed bugs for both the Hind and Apache. Now, in your unbiased opinion, which ones should have the priority of being fixed?

1 hour ago, primus_TR said:

I was thinking about purchasing the AH64 also, but I think I'm gonna wait until the mi24 gets some much needed attention, the autopilot issues in particular. It was really disappointing that there was not even a single line for the Hind in the update list. 😕

Which autopilot issues? The mid speed pitch oscillations? 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

2 hours ago, primus_TR said:

I can understand your frustration. Just to give a potential perspective from another view... it may be more efficient for staff to work on less modules 'at at time' than more spread out. I know when I develop - I'm far more efficient if I can stick with the one module at a time than going back and forth between a bunch. If I'm right - we can hope for not just one item, but a number of items to be resolved with the Hind when ED put staff focused back on the Hind's development, so while the request for "even just one item fixed" sounds reasonable - it may not be as efficient to do it that way. 

I get that it would be nice to see one item each time there's a hotfix/patch update - but in the long run we may all be better off if it's done in groups. I'm not sure whether or not this is the case (I'm projecting my development experience here) - but if I am - you could end up seeing a number of items in the Hind instead of one or two before a Stable Release is put out.

• Like 1

The F-16 early access wasn't even that bad. It's quite literally the case of just Americans over-reacting and complaining about a module that's in early-access. Now because of these people complaining and acting entitled, that we have to deal with a huge pause in module releases

• Thanks 4