Can’t load profiles

I downloaded Bailey’s 3 Voice Attack profiles for the AH-64D. After extraction to a desktop folder, I opened VA and imported the Apache .vap file.

Started DCS , options, controls, clicked on keyboard column, Load profile, browsed desktop folder file location, selected AH-64D Pilot Keyboard.diff.lua first, but when I click OK nothing happens.  No files gets imported!

Message at bottom of Load profile window says “File does not exist!”! 

Followed Bailey’s installation sequence but I don’t see what I’m missing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Barry 

• Like 1

I sure wish I could get it to work as things with taking off and hovering with the joystick I am using is not much fun.  
DCS saves some things and not others and profiles wont load.  I found spudknockers and another xml file and
I do not know where to put them. I do a search for *.XML and only one file comes up on the open beta DCSW SSD. 

I have the same issue, but was able to solve it by rolling back to 2.7.11.21408.1 Open Beta. After doing so, I tested by upgrading back to  2.7.11.22041 Open Beta and the bug returned; then rolled back to 2.7.11.21408.1 Open Beta and I'm happily flying again.

To roll your install back, from command prompt:
C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin>DCS_Updater.exe update 2.7.11.21408.1@openbeta

• Like 1

Pimax Crystal, Asus ProArt X670E-Creator, Ryzen 7950X3D, 64gb DDR5, RTX 4090 FE, Magic Trackpad 3, Warthog HOTAS, Warthog Throttle and TPR pedals.

On 3/31/2022 at 6:15 PM, deirpo said:

I downloaded Bailey’s 3 Voice Attack profiles for the AH-64D. After extraction to a desktop folder, I opened VA and imported the Apache .vap file.

Started DCS , options, controls, clicked on keyboard column, Load profile, browsed desktop folder file location, selected AH-64D Pilot Keyboard.diff.lua first, but when I click OK nothing happens.  No files gets imported!

Message at bottom of Load profile window says “File does not exist!”! 

Followed Bailey’s installation sequence but I don’t see what I’m missing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Barry 

On 4/2/2022 at 3:24 AM, HawkEXO said:

I am also experiencing this.   Cannot load profiles, something I've done many times before.   I'm using the same process i used before.... like as recently as last month

Hello. You can feel free to ping/mention me if you are having issues with related stuff (I hope other content creators are ok with that too). I have heard that a solution is to Clear your keyboard binds and then Import the new ones.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/4/2022 at 4:04 AM, Bailey said:

Hello. You can feel free to ping/mention me if you are having issues with related stuff (I hope other content creators are ok with that too). I have heard that a solution is to Clear your keyboard binds and then Import the new ones.

I cannot even get my DCS Saved Games area to work in Updater GUI utility, and Ive been using it for a while and never had a problem like this.
I have copied so many LUA files and messed with things that I finally did a clean up and the Mustang now flys when I try to use it in a mission,
instead the A-10 II always loaded. 
   Every time I want to fly, I have to reset whatever plane I am flying. It remembers some settings sometimes, but its very frustrating.

• 1 year later...

Has the load profiles ever worked?  I bought a new system and saved my profiles, yet none of them load into DCS, so what is the point of the save and load options?

Is there some magical trick to it?

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

• ED Team
40 minutes ago, BoneDust said:

Has the load profiles ever worked?  I bought a new system and saved my profiles, yet none of them load into DCS, so what is the point of the save and load options?

Is there some magical trick to it?

Yes they do work usually, however you have said you bought a new system, so the hardware id's on the old ones wont work with the new as far as I understand it. Would need to start fresh

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
1 hour ago, NeedzWD40 said:

Actually, you just need to find the new IDs for your controllers and rename the config files to have the new IDs. I had to do this after an upgrade a few years back.

yes you can spend time editing them. 

Personally I find it quicker just to map controls again from scratch.

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for the reply.  I assumed it was something like that so started to map them; great fun 🙂

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

vor 23 Stunden schrieb BIGNEWY:

yes you can spend time editing them. 

Personally I find it quicker just to map controls again from scratch.

You can actually use the old .diff.lua files and load them into the "new" device ID, like you would with a backup. Fastest way I know, apart from command line script magic, with the benefit, that anyone can do this.

Only if Keybinds changed drastically, you may need to sort some orange lines. 😇

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)