No free trial for South Atlantic?

darkman222

Leap of faith but always good to have new maps.  I will purchase shortly as I have all the rest and like options.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

1 hour ago, darkman222 said:

Thanks. Well I guess I wont pre-purchase without testing it beforehand.

It's actually quite normal for new releases not to appear as free trial immediately. Same for the Apache (and I think the Hind and Mosquito too?)

It'll probably come available for trial eventually. 

Although much work has to be done still, personally I don't regret purchasing SA as I'm sure that I would have bought it later on at some point anyway 😉

• Like 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

There are several good YouTube reviews where they go over the pros and cons. You could probably get a good feel for it after watching a few. 

This is one. Tactical Pascale has good videos.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

3 hours ago, darkman222 said:

Yes his video is the reason why I wanted to try and see first, before purchase. But well I dont want to complain. We can be really glad that we have the opportunity to test so many modules before purchase in general.

That certainly is a bonus. I just bought the Gazelle a few days ago (on sale!) and I never would have bought it based on reviews alone, since many reviews say the FM is trash. But I tried it and I had a lot of fun with it, so I bought it. 

That said, when it comes to maps I buy them right away. And I'm very happy with the SA map. There's no way I could not have this map. 

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

• 2 weeks later...

Yup this was a mistake not including it in the free trial. If I and many others could test it and get decent perf then they would sell a lot more. I know more than a dozen avid DCS fliers that are holding off until it is free to try. Plus they would get more feedback and help with bug fixes. More servers would go up as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

• 1 month later...

Another vote for waiting for free trial.

Marianas doesn't run bad for me, but this map definitely needs to do better. The fact it is Early Access is actually more reason to want free trial, too. Do I want to support WIP in advance? Maps are very make-or-break. You can change aircraft and fly over the same maps doing different things, but if a map has problems, there is nothing you can do.

At least the Harrier will be right at home here!

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

5 hours ago, Tiger-II said:

Another vote for waiting for free trial.

Marianas doesn't run bad for me, but this map definitely needs to do better. The fact it is Early Access is actually more reason to want free trial, too. Do I want to support WIP in advance? Maps are very make-or-break. You can change aircraft and fly over the same maps doing different things, but if a map has problems, there is nothing you can do.

At least the Harrier will be right at home here!

Yep, they are (the Team of this map) is a quite quiet about the trial. Maybe they're working hard on the optimalization of this map, because this could be a reason why not this trial version yet (and it could discourage or encourage of new users). I have the full version and I dont regret of the purchase, however Im still waiting for good and necessary technical's patch for this map (I don't care now the new content). If you have Steam version (or standalone ED account with connection to Steam), you can always buy this map on Steam, tested it to max 1 hour and return it on Steam (its possible according Steam policy still) if it doesnt fill your expectations. Just idea till no SA trial version on the DCS market, however to 1 hour is too short period to have fun with the SA map here (and it can give false impression so I don't recommend it) ;). What is interesing from my side - if I use any trial DCS module, I was buying it (yes!) during trial period, always 🙂 .

• Like 2

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

7 hours ago, YoYo said:

I have the full version and I dont regret of the purchase, however Im still waiting for good and necessary technical's patch for this map (I don't care now the new content).

What needs patching? Is it game-breaking as it is? How do you find performance of this map compared to Marianas? Raw FPS values would be sufficient.

For me, Marianas is "slower" but it is not a stutter-fest - it's still very smooth and very flyable. Just noticable. All the other maps are very smooth (>= 50 FPS).

So far I haven't encountered the problems some experience of 10 FPS, but then they're probably also doing other things to the sim they aren't talking about. I have all settings maxed.

Edited by Tiger-II

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

2 hours ago, Tiger-II said:

What needs patching? Is it game-breaking as it is? How do you find performance of this map compared to Marianas? Raw FPS values would be sufficient.

For me, Marianas is "slower" but it is not a stutter-fest - it's still very smooth and very flyable. Just noticable. All the other maps are very smooth (>= 50 FPS).

So far I haven't encountered the problems some experience of 10 FPS, but then they're probably also doing other things to the sim they aren't talking about. I have all settings maxed.

The whole topic is in bug section 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro