Both "Radiator Open" Shortcuts not working.

Callsign_Static

Left ALT A  and Left ALT S default shortcuts do not set the radiators to the open position. As soon as you release the shortcut key they reset themselves to the off position. I am setting the shortcut as a button on my MFD and I noticed I can set it to Auto and it stays in Auto position, but trying to short cut key it to "Open" it acts like a spring toggle if that makes any sense.

It is nice to have the shortcuts there for steep climbs (as in the P51 Challenge missions) as you are on the verge of losing it in the steep climb and the engine is starting to overheat....

Edited by Callsign_Static
  • Like 1

• Callsign_Static changed the title to Both "Radiator Open" Shortcuts not working.

Keep in mind these WERE spring-loaded switches in real life (open and close positions), and they used to be simulated like that before DCS 2.5.6. So that's correct behaviour, actually.

They got partially broken in next versions, though, never fixed, and now, when operated with mouse, they sometimes get stuck even when they should return to "off".

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Hi

I have them bound to two diferent buttons in the MFD, one fo open and the other to close, and I keep them pressed for as long as I need to open/close as much as I like. A third buton i used to put the guard back up and go to auto, wich in my opinion is stll not regualting the temp good enough.

Saludos.

Saca111

Edited by Sacarino111
typo

@Sacarino111  Yeah I did the same. I have 2 of my MFD Buttons set for the open position and I just Hold them until I'm back in the green or even lower than green a bit when a fight is coming on that I can foresee. It takes a little getting used to but works real good for me at cooling the engine real quick to a bit lower temp. I am CONSTANTLY monitoring my temp and I  keep it in the green at all times when just cruising around looking for a fight.

I have My 2 upper left MFD buttons bound for AUTO Radiators. Then the 2 upper right MFD buttons are bound to OPEN Radiators which I have to hold. I do not have toggle switches I can use as the other person said he does above. 

I'm going to change my buttons to the left row  now that I'm talking about it . I just realized it is way more ergonomically correct feeling and I can hold down both "RAD Open" buttons at once.  I use my Left MFD.

By the way.... my temps are in the green most of the time I am pretty conservative with the RPM and MP at all times. Right after takeoff I have both on the top edge of green so the temps stay chill for the most part.

Edit grammar and some thought 🙂

@Callsign_Static Are you on Stable or OB version? Just asking, because with cooling model changes in latest OB, such fiddling with radiators in Mustang is not necessary anymore (actually, oil overheating doesn't seem to have any consequences - clearly a bug, but still). Now, one has to really WANT to abuse and kill the engine to do it.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

@Art-J I'm on Open Beta. I just like to fiddle. And I play the Bass guitar. Look at my pic. 🙂

Screen_220906_180709.png

what exactly does the middle OFF position mean?   We got Closed, Automatic, and Open. Off?  I would think off is closed. When you switch it to center does it just freeze the radiator shutters in position?  Weird that it is like that. 

Off is neutral position, cooling shutters stops moving and stays where they are at that moment.

At this position cooling shutters won't move even when temps exceed limits.

You should think not about shutters but about shutter actuator motor, you can open up, close down or stop.

Close = actuator motor will start closing shutter doors, if you hold it for long enough it will move shutter to closed position

Open = same thing as close but other way around

Off = shutters motors are turned off

Automatic = shutter motors are controlled by thermostatic control unit this will unload task from pilot by maintaining safe oil/coolant temps with in coolers capabilities.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

I need clarification - what module is this for?

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

This topic is done thanks all for responding ! 🛩️

@grafspee  OK now I completely understand i I am now an EXPERT on this... lol ... you got two toggles that are on springs... you can open and close the radiator shutter or door whatever ya want to call it with the open and close spring toggle. The Up position sticks and that is auto. The Switch should ALLLLLLWAYs go back to the center off position automatically if you click it to open or close.   Clicking it to open or close is just a way oy "manually setting the shutter opening"   

All good I got it. 

DCS need to FIX the Close button so it springs back to "off" (center) This is what made a source of confusion . One Sticking and one springing back.

Like Art-J said in the beginning..