Buttkicker

Hello Steel Jaw,

I have one and initially I would turn it on but noticed it would cut off after a while in constant use. Now I do not turn it on at all. Turns out that the buttkicker gets really hot during just normal use. I need to revisit and have it kick my butt only at certain instances, like firing a missle or flying with brakes extended (yeah) and not just run it thoughout the entire flight. Which bring me to my next point, count on buying a software Simshaker-SimShaker Sound Module — SimShaker it allows you to adjust intensity of the buttkickers rumble and when it does rumbles. Meaning the software make it rumble harder when gears are being deployed or when landing if you set it up to do that. It brings the best out of the buttkicker. Otherwise, from what I know it will run at the same intesity no matter what the plane is doing. Another thing, I did buy a fan for the amp, but can not think of how to cool the my buttkicker because of the shape and a also fan may not be enough. Mine is the old version with the clamp attach and they have newer version that may not run as hot or are easier to cool off.

Final thought the idea of rumble though my enitre flight was why I got it, but it overheats and cuts off. In all fairness, I was learning as much at one time about DCS, i.e., lua stuff for the monitors, that I need to revisit the software and make adjustment to the intensity and see if it will make it through an entire flight. While it works, heck yeah well worth it! Hope that helps some.

I look forward to reading other posts from users that have it set up and can run it for an entire flight.

• Like 1

Cheers, yeah havent heard any issues with overheating but, like you said, you have an older model.  Thanks.

More feedback appreciated please.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Yeah I’m interested I. This buttkicker thing also. 

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

I have used one for some years now and along with simshaker in DCS it is a really cool effect especially in a helicopter with the rotor blades. All I can say is I like it and works well for me.

As to the guy whose Buttkicer is overheating you probally have the drive to high. But if you turn it down and you don't get the desired effect a fan will help. on myold setup I had two Buttkickers bolted to the seat with chicken fencing over with fans attatched incase it did get too hot worked like a charm. It was a USB Fan with 3 speeds....

the fan shroud was low tech but worked fine.. and with the low , med , high setting the buttkicker never got hot again even after a very lengthy session..

• Like 1

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

The ONLY reason I don't use mine more is I am on the 2nd floor of an apartment and I just know my downstairs neighbors can hear or feel it. But it is absolutely a lovely tool. landings, taxiing, etc is all just so much better. I am fortunate to have a jetseat, which I can use anytime, but adding the buttkicker to it is absolutely the move to make when I can. 

If you don't have a situation like mine, the buttkicker is probably more than enough and more comfortable for long sessions.

• Like 1

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

Doing alittle research on their site but…is this true ? And I also see folks getting 2 of these and that can get alittle pricey.

E8A4669F-AA6D-4BE7-851D-616355E2B60E.png

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

4 minutes ago, Burt said:

Doing alittle research on their site but…is this true ? And I also see folks getting 2 of these and that can get alittle pricey.

As Dos mentioned, you need Simshaker sound module, with that software you can customize it per airframe. I love it and can't fly without it!

Edited by Hector45

Modules: F-14A/B | F-15C | F-16C | F/A-18C | SU-33 | Spitfire Mk IX | AH-64D | UH-1 | Super Carrier | Combined Arms | Persian Gulf | Syria | NTTR

Setup: VKB Gunfighter Mk.III F-14 CE HOTAS | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | MFG Crosswind V3 | Custom switch panel | Tek Creations F14 Display Panel | Custom F14 Left Vertical Console | Custom IR Tracker | Custom butt kicker

PC: i7 11700K | 64GB G-Skill DDR4 3600MHz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | DCS dedicated 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD | 3440x1440 144hz 34" ultrawide

36 minutes ago, Burt said:

Well they must have something wrong in their setup, as Buttkicker will work with most any game as long as it has a 5-80hz frequency in the chain. SimShaker adds effect from the telemtry from DCS so it is more accurate then just using low frequency signal ingame. but the Buttkicker will work with DCS without any special software but I would highly reccomend the payware software..

Buttkicker uses the low frequency signal to create its effect in games.. I also like the buttkicker effect when listening to mp3's on my pc..

Edited by The_Nephilim

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Ah, so one must add the SimShaker payware software andso that adds to the overall price tag.

Edited by Steel Jaw

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

well it is not needed but highly recommended,  you can use the free version as there are 2 basically one was from F40 which is free and the other from Andre which is payware.. you do not need either but they add a bit more to the mix.

Here is the free version of it for DCS:

here is andres version it is a thread here on the forums as both are:

The effects you get with no extra software are the low frequency's of the game5-100hz. the other software uses Telemetry from the game and adds a desired effect from the telemtry like when you lower gear, it uses the telemety from DCS and then makes a low frequency sound which is a bit stronger per say..

I think the software adds a bit more to the overall game with the Buttkicker, I especially like the sound in the Viggen engine and the Apache 64 rotor sounds..

Edited by The_Nephilim

I'd recommend a JetSeat over a buttkicker, for practical purposes they do the same thing, but JetSeat you can customise the individual effects being created with 6-8 motors (depending on what version of JetSeat you get, the new ones have 😎

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Gotcha thanks 👍🏻

Start Date April 2020 

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Steel Jaw said:

So question, why wouldn't I just make my own for half the price?

well you could if you can then give it a try who knows.

19 hours ago, Steel Jaw said:

Is SIMHUB working with DCS?  Is there a profile available for it?

as far as I know, no.
I use simhub to drive 6 bass shakers for my simracing rig.
For flight sims, I own a Jetseat, no issues here with SimShaker for Aviators, free.
For bass shakers, buttkickers, body shakers... yes you can feed them by only audio, but that´s like limiting them for 25% of what they are really able to provide. Not to mention you need to mess your audio settings otherwise they will rumble with your Teamspeak, Discord, SRS, Vaicom... audio input.
So yes a cheap USB second sound card and amp is mandatory, as well as paying $25 for Andre Simshaker Sound module so you can fine tuning multiple effects, and particular for every module you own.
This software also has a free limited trial version, so you can test you shaking system before paying any amount. Available on Andre website 🙂
Go for it, it´s an amazing inmersion booster for the money.
The aprox $350 buttkicker pricetag is not expensive as it provides a very convenient plug and play solution.
Whatever fits your budget, your DIY solution could be around $100.
Behringer amps, Buttkicker 2ohm concerts, pro isolators, Clark synthesis shakers... and we could be perfectly talking on $1000 range.

• Like 1

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

• 1 month later...

Hi fellas, I have the buttkicker Pro and it is….or was….all set up fine until there was a windows update. Now, very oddly, it will run in a mission, but not in mulitplayer? I cannot for the life of me figure this out and I love using it so it is being missed! Once you fly with one it’s hard to go back. Thanks in advance everyone. 

• 5 weeks later...

I've used Buttkicker Gamer 2 for years with no trouble and immense satisfaction.  In my experience it just adds so much to flying and racing sims.   Not only double the immersion but the tactile feedback provides important information when flying or driving, especially for piston engine fighters!