Black Shark III: Shkval with Night Vision?

Blackdavis12
Go to solution Solved by Resection,

The KA50 is a kind of test for the KA52, so there is no definitive version of the KA50. There are various prototypes with various modifications. For this there are various versions of hud, skhval, abris and other little things on the net.

• Like 1

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

10 hours ago, Flappie said:

To my knowledge, the real Ka-50 Shkval display was either yellowish or greenish. It never was B&W.

Then it's really interesting that it took ED 13 years to correct this mistake.  And now 90% of players will use mod that returns it to B&W because they are already used to it.

• Like 1

Regarding Shkval color. It depends on what version of Television Monitor IT-23 is installed. I have only seen yellow/green-ish appearance from real life footage. Black & White
on recorded footage (most likely recorded internally) but not from monitor in cockpit.

@Chizh can probably share some more info as this subject has been discussed over the years, but I think ED originally modeled it black & white because they found that new
black & white version IT-23VM (ИТ-23ВМ) was installed on the Ka-50 #24 and #25. 

Since we are dealing with a prototype helicopter, maybe a selection in Special Options for monitor color would be a nice touch?

shkval.jpg

• Like 7

11 hours ago, River said:

Me too, new color looks awesome. I'd love to have different filters though. That would be slick. 

But can the filters actually change color of the monochrome display? I would think that with a single color display you wouldn’t see the filters, only the effect they gave like say the laser filter (which would do nothing in DCS as blinding by lasers is not a thing), or the dusk or dark or graduated filters. 

I would love it, but don’t think I’ve ever heard examples of what we might expect, or comparisons to similar equipment that is monochrome 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

On 10/30/2022 at 4:17 PM, bingbean said:

Then it's really interesting that it took ED 13 years to correct this mistake.  And now 90% of players will use mod that returns it to B&W because they are already used to it.

Maybe because...  

On 10/30/2022 at 12:04 PM, Hobel said:

and waht is this?😄

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)