v1.2 Market Research Poll - Ka-50 or no?

v1.2 Market Research Poll - Ka-50 or no?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. v1.2 Market Research Poll - Ka-50 or no?

• am happy with the existing list of flyable aircraft. I would rather buy v1.2 if it did NOT include any new flyable aircraft.
    • A new paid-for add-on like v1.2 requires a new flyable aircraft. I would not buy v1.2 unless it had a flyable Ka-50.

Maybe you were trying to say this:

1. I would buy a add- on for LOMAC that featured the Ka-50?

Since ED have already told the next flyable will be the Ka-50 i think this way the question is more CLEAR (ie No other flyable will be include it is the Ka-50 or nothing so forget about F/A-18 etc, etc....)

2. I would prefer ED to concentrate on improving existing features of LOMAC such as DM, AFM and AI before new flyable aircraft were added?

After reading SwingKid explanation..... his poll question became more clear.....BUT we all know people can be confused because it is not clear in the ORIGINAL question where the resources will be used if we choose not include the Ka-50

So IMHO it is more clear also in this way

3. I would prefer ED to take another poll from the community to see what it wants for version 1.2?

IMHO this 3 option is not needed maybe a a POLL from the DEV team with some options asking what is more import and what WE think need be tweked...but it's not gonna happen...unfortumelly we will be stuked with the Ka-50...but i apreciate the Effort from SwingKid

Rodrigo Monteiro

Sorry for the poor english

Rodrigo Monteiro

LOCKON 1.12

AMD 3.8 X2 64 2G DDR ATI X1800XT 512

SAITEK X-36

AND VERY SOON TRACKIR-4

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. It is a helicopter. Which means it would appeal to a more niche crowd.
LongBow2 was not a niche crowd and had a larger crowd than LOMAC.

4. It is a helicopter. Which means a simple joystick won't do. If the systems are modeled accurately then the player would have to find a way to control the normal flying movements AND torque AND the systems modeled.
I used a simple joystick with twist handle with the very complex LongBow2 so there are no control problems.

Your other points do have weight to them. I see Ka-50 is a way to extract the work done on Su-25T and re-use it. To go into other models, especially AFM, would be as complex as a helicopter FM but then you'd have to model new avionics and weapon suites as well.

Other models should be saved for the LOMAC successor.

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

1. It is a helicopter. Which means it would appeal to a more niche crowd.
LongBow2 was not a niche crowd and had a larger crowd than LOMAC.

4. It is a helicopter. Which means a simple joystick won't do. If the systems are modeled accurately then the player would have to find a way to control the normal flying movements AND torque AND the systems modeled.
I used a simple joystick with twist handle with the very complex LongBow2 so there are no control problems.

Your other points do have weight to them. I see Ka-50 is a way to extract the work done on Su-25T and re-use it. To go into other models, especially AFM, would be as complex as a helicopter FM but then you'd have to model new avionics and weapon suites as well.

Other models should be saved for the LOMAC successor.

I agree with your points to an extent, but...:

1. Longbow was a helicopter sim and that was it. It didn't try to be two things at once.

2. Longbow didn't have the fidelity of lock-On or the threats. See #1. The game world of Lock-On has to many aspects that would helo flying "less fun" so to speak.

3. Nobody could fly F-15s/SUs/etc. in Longbow.

4. In LB2, IIRC, there wasn't a ton of systems management (am I wrong here?..it has been a while.)

You can't really compare older helicopter games to Lock-On, even though LB2 was one of the best sims around it is just too different.

The Joystick issue may not even be one, but I guess that would depend on how many systems were modeled and such. If it isn't an issue, great! But if it is going to be an issue, the sales could suffer greatly.

Like I stated above, I would just hate to ED take the time to develop and endure the financial burden of an add-on that may not really increase their bottm line. I think they are doing great work so far and hope it lasts for a long time. This community owes the ED Dev. Team a lot. :)

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

SwingKid can you remade the question...even if we lost actual votes ??

I think it is more clear in this way....

Just an question ok

cya

Insofar as this is not an official poll, I don't think it's worth the trouble to start a new one. Even if a few people didn't understand the question, I think the results would be the same: there is a crowd of people who think that a new flyable is the most important thing, and there is a crowd of people who think that a new flyable is the least important thing. There is no single "right" or "wrong" answer - that's all I wanted to know.

Of course, you are free to start your own poll, as I think others have done... :)

-SK

• 1 month later...

It appears obvious to me that votes have been based on the belief that adding the KA-50 will somehow will somehow affect the delivery time of 1.2. The effort and time needed were not factors in the poll. If they were, there would have been an option that indicated it.

The question here is, does the inclusion or exclusion of the KA-50 affect your decision on purchasing the 1.2 patch?

My answer: No. I'll pay for the upgrade either way. If adding it opens up new markets then put it in. If adding it helps keep current users, then put it in. Otherwise, just leave it out for now.

When all else fails, Eject then read the manual.

Oh, and a good wingman helps.

I'm with Tracker on this one. I'd pay for the 1.2 update either way. Getting a new flyable, and especially the Hokum-A (which I just love), is just a bonus. And besides, I can think of some pretty wicked scenarios in multiplayer for this.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

In risk of being the laugh of the week, I would dare to ask that ED should put some resources in the low-end of the product. E.g. the fast battle planner that just doesn't allow anti-shipping missions (never heard of using bombs to attack a ship?) or that doesn't randomise the angle at which to expect the bogeys.

I think any title that respects itself also takes care of the entry-level players and newbees. So ED has to clean uip its act and really further debug the current product. A little performance tweaking would be fine to, e.g. a more granular approach to the graphics settings.

Ka-50 would mean a totally different flight model: a helicopter is not just an airplane with vertical thrust, it flies on different principles. I fear ED will bring something which is not a real helo sim and so not good enough for the selective crowd you find in this forum.

On the other hand, while waisting their resources on a pseudo helo sim, they will lack resources to further debug and tune the soft so that it finally also works for the more common simmer.

In this sense, they would disappoint customers at both ends of the market spectrum.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Ka50 is the way to go as it will bring in the Helicopter sim crowd which then increases the number of customers. I doubt that there would be any issues with flightmodels since as the current flyables fly pretty well to me.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

It all depends on the features present instead of a new flyable...that being said, I am a complete fanboy and will buy anything ED releases. It costs about 1/2 the money I spend on a night out, so I recoup my expenses four times the first weekend I have it. :mrgreen:

^^ what hes said and :

Fix the things that should have been in the first release - then make it the best sim on earth already..... then next more flyables...

the way I see it - the helo would be a `work in progress` addon - like what we got now with the same game... same problems and moans would be there.

Nope - deffo fix all rest first ....

Good Luck To The Devs.