5 hours ago, RichCotte said:

The Human Pack only contains DDS image files.

Where should these be installed?

Non, Human pack contain textures, liveries, shapes, data, etc ... Try to re-download this pack.

• Like 1

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

On 1/2/2023 at 1:56 PM, Massun92 said:

v3.0 (03/2024)
Re-done of almost all assets ...

Patricio, Thank you so much for the update, pity that it is not backward-compatible with the prior versions, but I can live with that and I will simply keep the old version handy in case I need to edit one of my older missions:

lqsQbpW.jpg

I'm glad you were able to keep the lights, as it is one of the Pack's most valuable items, I use it a lot on my night missions:

CNWZrg4.jpg

Wish you all the best and hopefully the new President will be good for your country 🙏

Greetings, from Chile 🙂

8 hours ago, RichCotte said:

The Human Pack only contains DDS image files.

Where should these be installed?

As @clanitho said, you most likely have a corrupt download, as the human pack contains a lot more than just the image files:

8fmZvaF.jpg

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Can confirm RichCotte's finding.  RAR file for Human Pack contains only DDS textures. Can anyone upload an alternative working link if you were able to download a complete copy?

PROBLEM RESOLVED

I was using Windows 11 (23H2) Explorer native Extract All to open the RAR file. Oddly, the Massun92 Asset Pack Version 3.0 extracted just fine.  Humans 1.0 did not.

I used Nice File Viewer to open Massun92 Humans 1.0 without error. 

Edited by Backy 51
FIX FOUND
  • Like 2

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, Backy 51 said:

Can confirm RichCotte's finding.  RAR file for Human Pack contains only DDS textures.

What software are you using to uncompress the file? ... this is a RAR version 5 file, and old versions of WinRar will not handle it properly:

ikj6FMb.jpg

Can anyone upload an alternative working link if you were able to download a complete copy?

I downloaded it with no trouble at all, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to re-distribute it ... so I will abstain from it unless @Massun92 gives me permission.

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Can confirm RichCotte's finding.  RAR file for Human Pack contains only DDS textures. Can anyone upload an alternative working link if you were able to download a complete copy?

Too old version WinRAR fails to extract newer (current) .rar format archives.
Isn't it ?

Modules: A-10C/II, F-4E, F-5E, F-14A/B, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, FC3, Ka-50-2/3, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, Mi-24P, AH-64D, P-51D
Maps: Nevada, PG, Syria, SA, Sinai, Kola, Channel, Normandy2.0      Assets etc.: CA, Sc, WW2AP
Mods and Skins in User Files: files/filter/user-is-western0221/ 

Screen_221018_005618c.jpg

6 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

What software are you using to uncompress the file? ... this is a RAR version 5 file, and old versions of WinRar will not handle it properly:

ikj6FMb.jpg

I downloaded it with no trouble at all, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to re-distribute it ... so I will abstain from it unless @Massun92 gives me permission.

Thanks!!!   Solved it using 7Zip

• Like 2

On 3/20/2024 at 8:26 PM, CrimzN said:

Any guidance on how to migrate to the new pack? It looks like FOB's and things that were built won't work with the new pack. Is there a way to map the old assets (revetment and walls) to the new assets. Even if I had to go in and script/modify the mission file itself to replace asset names or ids. Just wonder if there is guidance on how to move older missions with the previous assets to the new assets. Thanks!

@Massun92 Also wondering if there is a way to do this?  So greatly appreciate all the work you do and contribute to the community but there are so many wonderful missions that have been built using your assets that are now broken if we replace the old install with this new version. It seems insurmountable, for me anyway, to have to rebuild all those missions.

Are the names all different enough that we could have both versions installed at the same time by renaming the folders?

Thanks for any guidance.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

ikj6FMb.jpg

If it is for only one person/ minor group I do not have problems with it. 

10 hours ago, KeyserSoze62 said:

@Massun92 Also wondering if there is a way to do this?  So greatly appreciate all the work you do and contribute to the community but there are so many wonderful missions that have been built using your assets that are now broken if we replace the old install with this new version. It seems insurmountable, for me anyway, to have to rebuild all those missions.

Are the names all different enough that we could have both versions installed at the same time by renaming the folders?

Thanks for any guidance.

You can enter on the database.lua and change all the names of the assets adding a "M92_" (only for those that did NOT have "M92_" in their name) in front of them. BUT, have in mind, that this can cause crashes with previous versions. In some of the assets will solve the problem. 

• Like 4

Do you plan similar restructurings in the future? Because this would impact my willingness to rebuild all my missions again ^^

• Like 1

i5-2400 | 16GB Corsair XMS3 | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Windows 10 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, SkipperSMG said:

Do you plan similar restructurings in the future? Because this would impact my willingness to rebuild all my missions again ^^

No I do not... I have to do this because DCS was closing when loading some missions. AAND, updating the mod is OPTIONAL. You can stay with the previous version. 

Edited by Massun92
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Zyll said:

Can you elaborate on that? Was the names of the units in the old asset pack causing DCS crashes while flying, or in the mission editor, or both?

Zyll @ TAW

DCS crashes. Doesn´t matter if it is in ME, in flight, or in loading menu. Just keep both versions and if you want to edit older missions you can use the older version. At least is what i did, but to be honest i rather start to add only the new version from now on.

Enjoy.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Was it the length of the names of the units that cause the crashes, or special characters? In just trying to understand so that I can pinpoint potential causes of similar crashes across other mods.

Zyll @ TAW

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Zyll said:

Was it the length of the names of the units that cause the crashes, or special characters? In just trying to understand so that I can pinpoint potential causes of similar crashes across other mods.

Zyll @ TAW

Agree would like to know more.  I've never had a crash due to Massun92 pack.  I just looked over my Mission files and I have nearly 100 missions that use the pack. That's impossible IMO for me to go through and try to replace every asset. Sure I can keep both versions but I don't always know what mission I plan to play when I start up the sim?

I realize these are certainly first world problems of course but it is disappointing. I'm especially heartbroken about all the great FOB's that creators have made with the pack that are now empty. MrGoodnite is my favorite FOB creator in the User Files Downloads.  Don't know if he is active in these forums.

@Massun92 When you say we can edit the database.lua which are you referring to in this list? Thanks.

null

image.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zyll said:

Zyll @ TAW

Sounds fair.

F.

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

19 hours ago, KeyserSoze62 said:

Agree would like to know more.  I've never had a crash due to Massun92 pack.  I just looked over my Mission files and I have nearly 100 missions that use the pack. That's impossible IMO for me to go through and try to replace every asset. Sure I can keep both versions but I don't always know what mission I plan to play when I start up the sim?

I realize these are certainly first world problems of course but it is disappointing. I'm especially heartbroken about all the great FOB's that creators have made with the pack that are now empty. MrGoodnite is my favorite FOB creator in the User Files Downloads.  Don't know if he is active in these forums.

@Massun92 When you say we can edit the database.lua which are you referring to in this list? Thanks.

null

image.png

I would not attempt the database change, I would more attempt to replace type names in the mission file. The models for many of the assets are much improved, credit to Massun's work. The lack of migration is a difficult challenge I admit. For some items like the M92_BarrierA, M92_BarrierB, etc. you can simply replace the type with "BarrierA" and "BarrierB", all the barriers are the same with improved modeling. Same for the revetment walls, if you remove the M92_ doing a search and replace in the mission file, those will translate over. For M92_TentA there isn't a replacement for that. It was a big, modern mess hall tent and doesn't appear to be in the new pack. However, M92_TentD and M92_TentE are now type "Tent04" and "Tent05" with improved textures. Also all the generators are the same, just without the "M92_". Another difference is M92_ConteinerOffice is now "Container_office". So bottom line, you will have to research it a bit. But doing a straight M92 replacement isn't going to work for many assets.

• Like 2

@Massun92 a few suggestions/requests as you continue to improve your asset pack beyond v3.0. I noticed a few assets didn't make it into v3.0 that were quite heavily used in our previous missions in 2.3. Looks like the single hesco and double hesco stacks and 5 across stacks were removed. Those were:

Hesco5
HescoDoble
Hesco_5
Hesco5_Doble

Another popular asset was the Outpost_HD. That was a nice one that is no longer included. I wonder if you are doing an update there or plan to replace in the future? 

Some of the new tents and assets are great. So don't get me wrong, just missing a few of our favorites also 🙂

And one final suggestion. A latrine or outhouse asset would be great, always adds a bit of realism to a FOB lol. Thanks!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, CrimzN said:

I would not attempt the database change, I would more attempt to replace type names in the mission file. The models for many of the assets are much improved, credit to Massun's work. The lack of migration is a difficult challenge I admit. For some items like the M92_BarrierA, M92_BarrierB, etc. you can simply replace the type with "BarrierA" and "BarrierB", all the barriers are the same with improved modeling. Same for the revetment walls, if you remove the M92_ doing a search and replace in the mission file, those will translate over. For M92_TentA there isn't a replacement for that. It was a big, modern mess hall tent and doesn't appear to be in the new pack. However, M92_TentD and M92_TentE are now type "Tent04" and "Tent05" with improved textures. Also all the generators are the same, just without the "M92_". Another difference is M92_ConteinerOffice is now "Container_office". So bottom line, you will have to research it a bit. But doing a straight M92 replacement isn't going to work for many assets.

Are you saying unpack the mission file and edit the mission file from the miz file directly in Notepad to change all those names? It seems like that would be more work to do for each mission rather than edit the database that would fix all missions. I am planning to edit the database and then create a Mod pack for OVGME with the updated database that I can enable/disable to test.

• Like 2

if you edit the database though, then you have locked yourself into a custom version of Massun's v3.0. If you edit the mission files in your miz's, at least you have a better chance of being upwards compatible to the next version, whenever that comes out.

Of course, having over 100 affected missions certainly puts you in a rather unique situation. Unless there's something you really want from v3.0, if I were you, I would consider just waiting to see what comes out from the next Massun's before changing anything.

Edited by Zyll
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Zyll said:

if you edit the database though, then you have locked yourself into a custom version of Massun's v3.0. If you edit the mission files in your miz's, at least you have a better chance of being upwards compatible to the next version, whenever that comes out.

Of course, having over 100 affected missions certainly puts you in a rather unique situation. Unless there's something you really want from v3.0, if I were you, I would consider just waiting to see what comes out from the next Massun's before changing anything.

You are correct I would essentially be on a custom Massun but it would be far easier I believe to disable the custom database, upgrade to a new version, and then edit the database again if needed or just restore it, than editing 100 missions.  Again this is all theory at the moment.  I plan to make these edits, create the OVGME module, and test this weekend.

It may be Massun92 tells us this is all not possible? No harm in trying.

• Like 2

Do a GREP (global text replace) on the mission files to change all the names in all of them at once.

There's a great "Find/Replace in Files" capability in Notepad++, which most of us already use for editing our lua files. Work smarter, not harder! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SMH said:

Do a GREP (global text replace) on the mission files to change all the names in all of them at once.

There's a great "Find/Replace in Files" capability in Notepad++, which most of us already use for editing our lua files. Work smarter, not harder! 

I believe you would still have to unpack all the Mission files?  Still seems like more work than just doing the same thing in two database files.