Misc Military Assets by Currenthill

Misc Military Assets by Currenthill

I have reorganized - see this thread for information: 

Edited by currenthill
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 19

• 2 weeks later...

Soon to be released in the Misc Military Assets by Currenthill - the M142 HIMARS.

It will be featuring three different weapon loadouts:

• GMLRS
  • GLSDB
  • ATACMS

• Like 22
  • Thanks 7

3 hours ago, tripod3 said:

Cool. The first thing I want to see are these missiles interceptable or not😃.

BTW M270 DCS missiles are invisible for SAMs.

Maybe Totchka-U and Iskander are under development?

DCS SAMs only intercept things classified as missiles. The M270 and this mod are rocket artillery and would not be intercepted. Some SAM systems have the real capability to do so, but that is not currently modeled in DCS. I think it's probably being considered because they keep showing the C-RAM as an asset in that is coming soon and that is regularly used to shoot down projectiles as small as mortar rounds.

4 hours ago, tripod3 said:

Cool. The first thing I want to see are these missiles interceptable or not😃.

BTW M270 DCS missiles are invisible for SAMs.

Maybe Totchka-U and Iskander are under development?

Iskander-M may be in development... 😉

30 minutes ago, Lt.Turbo said:

DCS SAMs only intercept things classified as missiles. The M270 and this mod are rocket artillery and would not be intercepted. Some SAM systems have the real capability to do so, but that is not currently modeled in DCS. I think it's probably being considered because they keep showing the C-RAM as an asset in that is coming soon and that is regularly used to shoot down projectiles as small as mortar rounds.

Yep, just as Lt. Turbo describes it. But I made all three weapon systems for the M142 as missiles and they can therefore be engaged by SAMs. That doesn't mean they're easy to defeat though, some systems will do great, some will struggle and some won't do at all, haha. 👍🏻

Edited by currenthill
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Great! The next cool addition to DCS! Thanks so much @currenthill!!! HIMARS looks great!

Edited by corbu1
  • Like 2

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

A great addition, thanks so much!

• Like 2

Modules: all, except for the Dora

My missions: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Don rudi/apply/

Primary system: i7-13700k, RTX 4080, 32 GB, Win 11, Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha with 5cm extension, Virpil CM2 throttle, Virpil Ace Interceptor pedals, Virpil Rotor TCS base + Blackshark grip, Winwing Triple MFD and ICP, 34" UWHQD screen
Acer Nitro i7-10700, RTX 3060, 64 GB, Virpiel Rotor TCS base + Blackhawk grip, Virpiel Ace Torq pedals, 34" UWHQD screen

This is has literally "the thing" I have wanted for my mission building. I was even starting to look into how to Mod the M270 to have HE warheads and be more accurate. Thank you for making and putting this out. 

If anybody does know where to get started with editing game assets, please let me know. 

• Like 1

Very soon. I just have to tidy some stuff up and package it. 👍🏻

And since this is the Misc Military Asset thread. As a small side project I felt the urge to make a battleworn Ukrainian BTR-4. It's equipped with the ZTM-1 30 mm autocannon, the KT-7.62 MG, the AG-17 automatic grenade launcher and two RK-2 Barrier ATGM.

image.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

@currenthill Excellent work once again. Thanks for all you do.

I have a couple of questions/requests: Would a version of the Iranian Patrol boat with a MANPAD onboard be possible? And could you make the gunner with the mounted Dshk near the front of the ship as a ground unit by itself. I've often wanted to have a manned HMG ground unit for base defenses or ambushes, etc.

Thanks again.

• Like 2

I can't get the vehicle to fire when armed with the ATACMS. It refuses to fire both when given task in ME and also when commanded as tactical cdr. No issues using the other two weapon types. Also when the ATACM version is selected in the ME it shows the single barrel launcher whereas strangely in the game it shows the multi barrel system like for other weapon options. Not sure if it's my install problem or we need a control vehicle as mentioned in one of the posts above 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lt.Turbo said:

@currenthill Excellent work once again. Thanks for all you do.

I have a couple of questions/requests: Would a version of the Iranian Patrol boat with a MANPAD onboard be possible? And could you make the gunner with the mounted Dshk near the front of the ship as a ground unit by itself. I've often wanted to have a manned HMG ground unit for base defenses or ambushes, etc.

Thanks again.

Thanks! 

I actually wanted to put some sort of anti air on the Iranian FAC, but wouldn't find any reliable source of this being a thing. Do you have any links?

And I'll put the idea of having the HMG as a separate unit on my list. 👍🏻

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arrow11 said:

I can't get the vehicle to fire when armed with the ATACMS. It refuses to fire both when given task in ME and also when commanded as tactical cdr. No issues using the other two weapon types. Also when the ATACM version is selected in the ME it shows the single barrel launcher whereas strangely in the game it shows the multi barrel system like for other weapon options. Not sure if it's my install problem or we need a control vehicle as mentioned in one of the posts above 

Sounds strange. I just tested the asset (without other mods as a precaution) and had no issues firing the ATACMS. The only asset on the map at that point was the HIMARS. No other vehicles or anything. 

In regards to the ATACMS looking like the 6 pack. It's intentional by the manufacturer, on the ATACMS there are just covers on the front/back/top that makes it look like a 6 pack too make it hard for the foe to separate the kind of loadout you have. When it's fired the front/back covers are destroyed and you can see the one large hole. 

1 hour ago, tripod3 said:

Yes control vehicle is needed. Without it no one loadout works.

It shouldn't need any kind of control vehicle, unlike the M270 MLRS. I intentionally made it standalone. And I just tested it this way, as I wrote above. Make sure you adhere to the range limitations, both minimum and maximum range lines are showing in the ME.

By the way, I'm not completely happy with the reload action, so I'm updating it at the moment. The ATACMS version will be able to reload two times (for a total of three missiles including the preloaded one). This will emulate the capacity of a Mk37 Resupply truck. Every reload will take 5 minutes. 

Edited by currenthill
  • Like 2

All three versions working perfect, no need for any control vehicle - just place the targets between minimum and maximum range circles, like @currenthill pointed.

Question: all artillery in DCS don't shoot instantly, first they aim (2-3 minutes) - shouldn't be same story here?

Anyway, thanks for all your work!

Edited by dark_wood
  • Like 1