No official news?

RaceFuel85

Thank you for the update. I am very excited!

vor 2 Stunden schrieb IronMike:

I'm not sure who made the June statement, if anything we are currently not trying to make predictions, because, as you see, like with my statement from October/early November that we are "still pushing for 2022", it does little good. My apologies for that. 

I think you have it wrong. The "problem" was not the statement from November or that the 2022 release unfortunately didn't work out after all. Of course we found that very unfortunate, but the real problem was that 2022 had passed and there was no official statement.
If your statement from today had already been made in December, there would not have been any discussions.

I think everyone understands when a release is postponed - as long as it is communicated well.

So don't be afraid to give release dates. We have more understanding when they are not kept than you might think 😉

• Like 5

2 hours ago, IronMike said:

We are currently working towards the unveiling, which will be soon - but I cannot say how soon, to not set wrong expectations.

I'm not sure who made the June statement, if anything we are currently not trying to make predictions, because, as you see, like with my statement from October/early November that we are "still pushing for 2022", it does little good. My apologies for that. Our goal remains: asap, but quality first, as always. We of course hope to bring it to you rather sooner than later. 

Development is progressing steadily atm, as most of you may have also seen in the 2023 and beyond video. We are very excited for the unveil, and hope you grant us a little more of your kind patience until then. Thank you all for your kind support and excitment! Rest assured, we can't wait to get it into your hands! 

This is all we were asking for 🙂

Thank you for the update, we are still very excited as well. Maybe next time just let us know a little sooner. We are understanding of delays, we just like communication. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Germane said:

I think everyone understands when a release is postponed - as long as it is communicated well.

100% as agree.

Communication is key in many things; as stated many times it's not the delay that's upsetting, it's the radio silence.

Totally fine if you set a goal and push towards it and miss. That's part of life. Not a fan when you hype it, continue to tell us it's on track, then miss it and act like nothing happened and ignore that it was missed.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Omega417 said:

Im torn between screaming:

LIGHT THE BEACONS, WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN NEWS.

and muttering:

Master has given dobby news.

Not sure which one I am going for yet it is a surprise, but a welcome one.

The latter for sure. I just hope that EA hits sometime this year, especially while I am still doing some schooling and don't necessarily have a full schedule.

• Like 1

Current Modules: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, AV-8B, Mirage 2KC, Mirage F-1, Mig-21, AJS-37, A-10C II, F-5E, AH-64D, UH-1H, Ka-50 BS2/BS3, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P, SA342, Spitfire, P-47D, BF-109K, Mosquito
Tech Pack: WWII Assets
Terrain: Syria, Sinai, NTTR

3 hours ago, IronMike said:

We are very excited for the unveil, and hope you grant us a little more of your kind patience until then. Thank you all for your kind support and excitment! Rest assured, we can't wait to get it into your hands! 

Thanks for the update Mike! Cheers

• Like 1

https://youtube.com/@thesimnet                                    questions@thesimnet.com 

image.png

9 minutes ago, Бойовий Сокіл said:

I do wonder, will we get a proper and reworked AIM-7E series with the Phantom?

Maybe?

The Phantom we're going to be getting intially at minimum had the Aim-7E-2, the "dogfight sparrow", so I'd expect that would probably be the baseline, with the Aim-7F being the next line up

• Like 3

Pre product release anxiety seems to be a thing and social media, forums etc are an echo chamber for it, some people even get angry and then create a toxic environment for the product company employees. 

More info never really helps it just makes people more worked up about what was said, how it was said, what wasn't said, does it conflict with some other thing that was said. Better off to consider there is no point wasting energy worrying about things you have no control over, it will be ready and released when its ready. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, IronMike said:

We are currently working towards the unveiling, which will be soon - but I cannot say how soon, to not set wrong expectations.

I'm not sure who made the June statement, if anything we are currently not trying to make predictions, because, as you see, like with my statement from October/early November that we are "still pushing for 2022", it does little good. My apologies for that. Our goal remains: asap, but quality first, as always. We of course hope to bring it to you rather sooner than later. 

Development is progressing steadily atm, as most of you may have also seen in the 2023 and beyond video. We are very excited for the unveil, and hope you grant us a little more of your kind patience until then. Thank you all for your kind support and excitment! Rest assured, we can't wait to get it into your hands! 

Thanks for the update!  Hopefully it comes out pretty soon, but as you said, quality must come first.  Really looking forward to the unveiling as well!

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

https://fb.watch/h-3inK65GY/?mibextid=cr9u03

A EF clip along with a progress report.

• Thanks 3

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

19 hours ago, IronMike said:

Happy Will Smith GIF

16 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Modeling weapons has a ED side.

15 hours ago, Бойовий Сокіл said:

Same as Phoenix and METEOR? 😉

I believe what Silver_Dragon said would be correct, although I see the point in the latter post (apologies, I don't have the appropriate characters). The AIM-54 was specific to a particular airframe, whereas a number of airframes can use the AIM-7E. Beyond that, subsequent to the introduction of the AIM-54, I think ED has direct involvement now in all missile modeling after what happened with the JF's missiles, (can someone pls confirm or disprove?) so I expect the meteor and the Echo Sparrow will require significant involvement from ED, rather than being so heavily a HB endeavor as the AIM-54 was.

Edited by Horns
Clarification

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

• 4 months later...
On 1/11/2023 at 12:05 PM, IronMike said:

is it possible to get an idea about how soon will be soon?

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

1 hour ago, MemphisBelle said:

is it possible to get an idea about how soon will be soon?

Like, two weeks, but not really two weeks. 😇😅😜

• Like 4

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I don't mind if you have a guess on release time frame that is missed. Just give a written update, maybe a small explanation like "radar tripped us up" and give a new screenshot or something.

I think radio silence communicates that a company isn't excited or is worried about the product, or there's internal struggles happening.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

vor 1 Stunde schrieb S. Low:

I don't mind if you have a guess on release time frame that is missed. Just give a written update, maybe a small explanation like "radar tripped us up" and give a new screenshot or something.

I think radio silence communicates that a company isn't excited or is worried about the product, or there's internal struggles happening.

Or maybe everything is going fine and it just takes longer than anticipated?

And its not like we got radio silence from the devs, theyre posting little tidbits or talking indiscord or forum sometimes. Its not like they made some giant announcement (or started preorders) and then suddenly got silenced.

Maybe you should just not get excited about a certain release date expectation when none was communicated? 

22 minutes ago, Temetre said:

Maybe you should just not get excited about a certain release date expectation when none was communicated? 

To play advocate for both sides, they did say they didnt want to announce anything until they got closer but had to drop the announcement after all they hype around 2022 and beyond. And the initial date was "End of Year" 2022. They had an airtight reason for missing that and I'm not going to fault them for that. That being said, we are almost 6 months into '23, So I can understand the impatience.

• Like 3

vor 1 Minute schrieb Omega417:

To play advocate for both sides, they did say they didnt want to announce anything until they got closer but had to drop the announcement after all they hype around 2022 and beyond. And the initial date was "End of Year" 2022. They had an airtight reason for missing that and I'm not going to fault them for that. That being said, we are almost 6 months into '23, So I can understand the impatience.

But isnt it peoples own fault if theyre getting impatient?

Like the F-4 has been in development for two years apparently, which really isnt that much.