LA-7 Liveries wishlist?

carss

Don't worry, even if they don't include the ultra-known Kozhedub's ride it'll be a standard AMT-7, -11, -12 VVS camouflage for sure, no need to ask for obvious skins which would be included or done down the road. There's not so many options really unless you mimic La-5 or 5FNs.

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know that many people prefer scratches and weathering. But I would like to be able to choose a new cockpit without scratches and scuffs and choose a skin from the factory. They will tell me that I can just choose a custom skin, but in fact it can often be prohibited in multiplayer

p.s. and it would be nice to have several variants of green and white skins from developers, not even historical ones. Just to have a suitable skin for all the maps

Edited by Red_Pilot
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Some non-personal liveries based on historical personal ones would be great (i.e. the liveries with special elements like arrows, slogans or dedications, Guards badges etc., but with customizable numbers and no victory marks). Also, camo variants other than late war grey, like on the pictures below.

1.jpg

Untitled.png

And, if fictional liveries are acceptable, some famous or widely used ones from previous plane models (La-5 and 5 FN) would be nice.

2.jpg

Untitled.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aernov said:

… Also, camo variants other than late war grey, like on the pictures below.

1.jpg

The problem with this is you're looking at really old, really cr@ppy, profile drawings. I believe by the time La-7 was introduced AMT-11 -12 cammo was probably the only standard (not meaning AMT-6 -7 disappeared the next day it happened to be standard, of course, but), while those profiles seen in my grandpa's books (literally, no kidding) are nowadays proven to be mostly fictional and only in some people's minds back in the day those were drawn. It happens with all aircraft, all air forces, not just this.

Anyhow, a skin is just a skin, there more probably than not will be plenty of either historical or fictional skins you can use when the module is available.

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/5/2023 at 6:03 PM, Red_Pilot said:

I know that many people prefer scratches and weathering. But I would like to be able to choose a new cockpit without scratches and scuffs and choose a skin from the factory. They will tell me that I can just choose a custom skin, but in fact it can often be prohibited in multiplayer

p.s. and it would be nice to have several variants of green and white skins from developers, not even historical ones. Just to have a suitable skin for all the maps

I can accept cockpit weathering effects if can understand how the wear/damage may have occurred. Too often it appears far too extreme and random. Maddox IL2 had some  cockpits that looked like they belonged to 50 year old mining equipment.

The other issue I have is that mostly WW2 aircraft were quite new comparatively. I understand there are questions reading the durability of 40s finishes but even so these aircraft were months old rather than a B52 or A10 that are 40 or more years old.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 4/9/2023 at 4:46 PM, Aernov said:

Some non-personal liveries based on historical personal ones would be great (i.e. the liveries with special elements like arrows, slogans or dedications, Guards badges etc., but with customizable numbers and no victory marks). Also, camo variants other than late war grey, like on the pictures below.

1.jpg

Untitled.png

And, if fictional liveries are acceptable, some famous or widely used ones from previous plane models (La-5 and 5 FN) would be nice.

2.jpg

Untitled.png

First 2 profiles [ green & yellow ] look amazing no matter whether they are real of fictional. Other 3 very nice, too. Pleasant to look at. Not much a fan of animal jaws on planes` noses in general, but that particular skin could have 2 variations with and without jaws.

Edited by Rainbowgirl