How do you plan to WSO? xbox game pad? multimonitor? multi joysticks? mfd's?

hannibal

F15E is dropping soon.

the WSO position has a beast of in game control set. 

HOW DO YOU PLAN TO WSO?

I hope my PointCTrl, Virpil MongoosT-50, and DIY tedac grips will fit the bill..

else.. may have to build things again..

20230116_121938.jpg

CMM7uK6.jpg

Edited by hannibal
  • Like 5

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Firstly, really really nice DIY TEDAC grips. Well done with that. It's a near certainty you'll be covered for the F-15E pilot and WSO

I've been thinking of getting a Left & Right hand Virpil Constellation Alpha.

The two aircraft I plan on focusing most time on (other than my favourite - the A-10C) are the AH-64 and the F-15E

These joysticks will be able to cover most, if not all CPG (TEDAC) / F-15E WSO functions

I'm currently getting by OK in the AH-64 CPG seat with a PS5 remote (I spend 100% of my time in the CPG seat with George as pilot - I currently cannot enjoy flying the AH-64 with my HOTAS Warthog, but that's just me, and I find the CPG role fascinating), but I think the left & right Virpil Constellation Alphas should help me cover the F-15E WSO functions and improve my AH-64 TEDAC control as well.

• Thanks 1

im tempted to make a 3d print of the WSO control grips. they look fixed like the F14 lantirn... a controller that can serve for aircraft.... but a doorgun project is supposed to be next in my project list, waiting for mi24 to have functionality for it..

On 1/18/2023 at 10:15 PM, hannibal said:

F15E is dropping soon.

the WSO position has a beast of in game control set. 

HOW DO YOU PLAN TO WSO?

I hope my PointCTrl, Virpil MongoosT-50, and DIY tedac grips will fit the bill..

else.. may have to build things again..

20230116_121938.jpg

CMM7uK6.jpg

Holy crap! That's a great setup. :happy:

Not sure how I'll handle it but I think many Voice Attack commands will be in order. My HOTAS has about 20% of the buttons and switches and flimps and flottles that yours does so I'll have to adjust. 

I would imagine "active pause" and I will become very good friends.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Make do with my HOTAS since I’m not likely going to be back there much. Don’t want to spend a bunch of cash for another stick and mess around with my setup. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

AFAIK Razbam has implemented click zones and keybinds in a way, that allows to basically map a single stick to flightstick, left and right handgrips respectively. I personally will use my Hawk-60 collective grip as left handgrip and only switch flightstick and right handgrip (using a modifier), but it should easily be possible to manage with even a single stick.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Just remembered I have a second Thrustmaster TWCS throttle that I replaced a few months back because a button wasn't working properly. I'm going to see if I can plug it in and use it as a third device. Hope it recognizes it. Might be a nice free option.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

just ordered some 10" LCDs!

only 2 for now..

i plan to make 3d printed MFD set with functional LCDs

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255801011995017.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.3b0d38daJ20Vos&mp=1&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=US

when finished, will put them for use for AH64D copilot gunner and F15E WSO

• 3 weeks later...

MFD’s and modified buttons on existing hotas, already using this setup with Apache 

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

I am counting on there being two different controller setups for pilot and "wizzo", so I am thinking of being boring and just use the pilot hotas setup applied to my physical setup (a warthog stick and virpil throttle) and just first add the WSO specific to free buttons then second, if needed, replace "nice-to-have" pilot stuff like airbrake, NWS and stuff like that. But I have the impression that most of the buttons on the wso-sticks are doing the same things as is already present on the pilot HOTAS.

Like the Apache, one Warthog hotas with one modifier. Hopefully that's enough for the Strike Eagle. Don't intend to WSO if I can help it in SP. It's unlike the Apache where you can fly and fight as CPG with unblocked cockpit view.

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

From what I have seen Razbam invented a new system, kinda like selecting the "active control stick" via in cockpit click zones and/or assignable keys/buttons. So you can simply use one Joystick and click the stick in the pit that you want the controls to address. Click in the flightstick to fly the aircraft, click on the left side control stick to work the left MFDs and click the right side control stick to work the right MPDs.

Though I think of using my collective grip as the control sticks and Flightstick and Throttle for flying.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)