Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

I have just downloaded and installed the latest update update - however in DCS ME I cannot find the SU-27P1M?  Other CH modules are present including the updated MiG-29, am I correct in thinking these updated aircraft are AI only?

Edited by buceador

23 minutes ago, FlankerFan35 said:

Is there any way to download mods alone, I don't want entire pack.

There is. He hid the links in his FAQ. You have to really read through all the questions in the FAQ because he hid the links so well. It's like a little puzzle but the reward for having spent the time reading in detail is well worth it.

Edited by HawaiianRyan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Dozer1606688093 said:

Is the USA pack still broken? Last time I checked there was no picture of the troops or vehicles in the mission editor. And when you placed the troops on the map and started a mission they were not there. 

Still broken? In general, my asset packs tend to have issues the first couple of days after a DCS update, since there is no way for me to get information about DCS changes until it's released. Just like everyone else. But I usually release fixes for anything broken within a couple of days. 

More or less all of the issues like the one you mention is on the user side. I test all my assets simultaneously to ensure they don't conflict. 

Check my FAQ: https://www.currenthill.com/faq. Especially the first one. 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dozer1606688093 said:

Is the USA pack still broken? Last time I checked there was no picture of the troops or vehicles in the mission editor. And when you placed the troops on the map and started a mission they were not there. 

Mod conflict. 

16 hours ago, HawaiianRyan said:

There is. He hid the links in his FAQ. You have to really read through all the questions in the FAQ because he hid the links so well. It's like a little puzzle but the reward for having spent the time reading in detail is well worth it.

I'm bad at humor and not particularly smart so maybe you can explain it more simply? all I found was he had to change to country packs to streamline the process which I'll have to accept I suppose.

On 3/17/2024 at 12:20 PM, buceador said:

The SU-27P1M doesn't show in the aircraft list in ME?

Maybe you have the ME historic filter enabled?  its the clock thingy on the status bar, it is compatible only with official planes.

6 minutes ago, FlankerFan35 said:

I'm bad at humor

+1 ... CH has developed dozens of assets, for me it would be impractical to keep track of which individual assets I'm using on each mission I make, so it makes sense to have them grouped.

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

5 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Maybe you have the ME historic filter enabled?  its the clock thingy on the status bar, it is compatible only with official planes.

+1 ... CH has developed dozens of assets, for me it would be impractical to keep track of which individual assets I'm using on each mission I make, so it makes sense to have them grouped.

Understandable, will download packs.

33 minutes ago, MaggotMunch said:

Brilliant work, thanks. Just downloaded the lot, all work perfectly with the exception of the China asset pack which appears to be causing a launch error with DCS.

Check your conflicts. 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, Kappa-131st said:

A new version of Arleigh Burke-class ?

Yep, my current US asset pack contains a Flight III based on EDs Burke model, which actually hardly matches the configuration of most of the Flight IIA. So I'm updating my Flight III with a new model as well as an updated loadout and weapons configurations. I also plan to add a Flight IIA with an updated loadout and weapon configurations.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Dozer1606688093 said:

This is the first mod i use from currenthill. The only other mods i have is the massun pack, so maybe its that pack that conflicts then. 

I use CH mods concurrently with the Massun Pack and have encountered no issues:

QRHgffd.jpg

xPjILxt.jpg

So, most likely you have a different issue ... if you want you can attach your dcs.log file so we can take a look.

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

5 hours ago, currenthill said:

Yep, my current US asset pack contains a Flight III based on EDs Burke model, which actually hardly matches the configuration of most of the Flight IIA. So I'm updating my Flight III with a new model as well as an updated loadout and weapons configurations. I also plan to add a Flight IIA with an updated loadout and weapon configurations.

This is awesome!  By the way, assuming you're reusing ED's 3d model for the updated Flight iiA Arleigh Burke destroyers, there's a pretty good collection of liveries here by Tholozor.  https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/ 

On a separate note, do you plan to keep the RIM-174 SM-6 as anti-ship missiles?  Or do you have alternatives coming up like the Block V Tomahawk and AGM-158C LRASM?  The LRASM fitted with a jettisonable rocket booster has been successfully test-fired from a Mk. 41 VLS. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HighMaintenanceB said:

This is awesome!  By the way, assuming you're reusing ED's 3d model for the updated Flight iiA Arleigh Burke destroyers, there's a pretty good collection of liveries here by Tholozor.  https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/ 

On a separate note, do you plan to keep the RIM-174 SM-6 as anti-ship missiles?  Or do you have alternatives coming up like the Block V Tomahawk and AGM-158C LRASM?  The LRASM fitted with a jettisonable rocket booster has been successfully test-fired from a Mk. 41 VLS. 

I haven't decided whether to use EDs model for IIA, we'll see. There are pros and cons. 

I've worked a lot on the loadouts. There are numerous alternatives available, but I will differentiate the loadouts by having the most modern weapons on the Flight III and the slightly older weapons on the IIA. This way we can use the two versions in different scenarios. 

My Flight III will get the MST, since from all the information I've gathered, seem to be the antiship weapon of choice. I haven't seen anything about a VLS LRASM being chosen (besides from the test firing). I want to avoid using the standard missiles as antiship missiles, since it's not its primary role.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

21 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

I use CH mods concurrently with the Massun Pack and have encountered no issues:

QRHgffd.jpg

xPjILxt.jpg

So, most likely you have a different issue ... if you want you can attach your dcs.log file so we can take a look.

I just tried with NO mod activated. Only Currenthills USA pack. As you can see, i added one soldier from the pack and one apache. In the editor the soldier is there, but when i start the mission. He´s not there. Also when i want to check the soldier in the mission editor, using the 3d view, DCS crashes. 

Can someone confirm that the USA pack works? I saw that you are using the CHINA pack, but that pack might be ok then. 

test.jpg

test2.jpg

Edited by Dozer1606688093

22 minutes ago, xboxshark21 said:

Hello @currenthill

I just wanted to inform you that I found a conflict between you USA pack and the ED WW2 asset pack. The SPG M10 Tank destroyer, when placed in the mission editor, appears with your M10 light tank model, as shown in this screenshot. 

20240320154803_1.jpg

Thanks! 👍🏻

• Like 1