Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

5 hours ago, currenthill said:

Yes, yes and yes. 👍🏻

It takes a while since I'm a one-man-band, but I still think I'm getting stuff out pretty quickly. I've added 17 new assets this year alone, and I have a total of 173 assets released and maintained.

i hope one of them would be F-35 family 😄

• Like 5

On 3/13/2024 at 9:47 PM, EA-18G_BlockII said:

i hope one of them would be F-35 family 😄

The F-35A would be a great complement to the B-21 asset.

• Like 2

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

I watched quite a lot of videos of ballistic missile arrivals, almost all of them fall at a very high angle, almost 70-85 degrees. But in mods such missiles are easily shot down and have vulnerable flat trajectories at long ranges. Can't penetrate AD zones. Maybe it’s worth changing the scheme of all your ballistic missiles to a “cruise missile” with a flight altitude of 45-60 km? Is it better to have an angular flight profile than a flat one?

1. Perfect ballistic, can't be done due to game resources encryption

2. Current ballistic missile simulation in mods

3. What I am propose. Take the scheme of a cruise missile and give it the characteristics of a ballistic missile - high speed and high flight altitude

ball1.jpg

Edited by tripod3
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, tripod3 said:

I watched quite a lot of videos of ballistic missile arrivals, almost all of them fall at a very high angle, almost 70-85 degrees. But in mods such missiles are easily shot down and have vulnerable flat trajectories at long ranges. Can't penetrate AD zones. Maybe it’s worth changing the scheme of all your ballistic missiles to a “cruise missile” with a flight altitude of 45-60 km? Is it better to have an angular flight profile than a flat one?

3. What I am propose. Take the scheme of a cruise missile and give it the characteristics of a ballistic missile - high speed and high flight altitude

ball1.jpg

Yep, I have a couple of prototypes of like that since a while back. I'm trying out new things. 👍🏻

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, currenthill said:

Yep, I have a couple of prototypes of like that since a while back. I'm trying out new things. 👍🏻

Hell yes. Maybe you can discover new schemes for missiles for the modding community to use even if ED doesn't step in to help, which they have before with fixing the cruise missiles.

Hi all,

Just downloaded the latest Russia, Ukraine, USA and Iran packs - I now get a warning message "authentication valid for 2d 23h 59mins" or something like that. Is this normal? What happens after that time? 

Thanks!

EDIT: In fact it appears I have a bigger problem. None of the mods show up in DCS. I tried using OVGME and then just manually put the mods into the mods/ tech folder. I still get the authentication message upon start up of DCS so I assume DCS has registered that that mods are installed but they are nowhere to be seen! 

Edited by CommandT

11 minutes ago, CommandT said:

Hi all,

Just downloaded the latest Russia, Ukraine, USA and Iran packs - I now get a warning message "authentication valid for 2d 23h 59mins" or something like that. Is this normal? What happens after that time? 

Thanks!

You made a wrong installation for these mods!

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

29 minutes ago, Abburo said:

You made a wrong installation for these mods!

I figured out the problem - it was because I had one of Currenthill's old mods (which is now part of the country packs) installed. This cause a conflict and DCS wouldn't even start. This issue is resolved now! The takeaway is delete all your old Currenhill mods before installing the new country packs. 

Edited by CommandT

38 minutes ago, CommandT said:

I figured out the problem - it was because I had one of Currenthill's old mods (which is now part of the country packs) installed. This cause a conflict and DCS wouldn't even start. This issue is resolved now! The takeaway is delete all your old Currenhill mods before installing the new country packs. 

Correct, I would recommend everyone to check out my FAQ if you're having issues. The top one covers this issue. 👍🏻

null https://www.currenthill.com/faq

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CommandT said:

Sorry could I ask an unrelated question - am I right in saying your SAMs are not supported for the Skynet IADS script?

Cheers! 

I actually have no idea, I haven't done any work with it at least. Unlike Moose which I know @Abburo has been updating. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tripod3 said:

There is a space between Tu-95M pylon and Kh missile 

kh1.jpg

The following entries in Tu-95MSM.lua solve the problem:

{
                { CLSID = "{Tu95MSM_Kh101}", attach_point_position = {0.00,  -0.18,  0.0}},
                { CLSID = "{CH_Kh555}", attach_point_position = {0.00,  -0.18,  0.0}},       
                { CLSID = "{BADAF2DE-68B5-472A-8AAC-35BAEFF6B4A1}", attach_point_position = {0.00,  -0.18,  0.0}},--Kh_65__AS_15B_Kent              
            }    

• Like 3

Windows 11 Enterprise 64-bit processor AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-core processor 3.90 GHz, installed memory 256 GB (256 GB usable), system type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
2 x NVIDIA RTX TITAN SLI 48 GB vRAM, 3x 2 TB M2 NVMe WDS200T3XHC Raid, 2x 4 TB M2 NVMe Force MP510 Raid, ERM - 3K3U water cooling, gaming motherboard ROG ZENITH II EXTREME ALPHA
Monitor 108 cm ACER PREDATOR CG437K 7680x4320-120Hz, power supply 2000 watts

Stupid Question CH

How do I get to launch the ADM 260-Decoy in ME

Got the Hornet to launch the ADM-240

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

36 minutes ago, andrewlebiga said:

Is it possible to somehow force the P-800 Onyx to launch against ground targets?

(Sorry, I'm using a translator to write this)

It is impossible by editor, except tricks like invisible land ships. I think the best way to it is to make standalone launcher with hardcoded ground strike missiles.

On 3/16/2024 at 4:48 AM, tripod3 said:

ball1.jpg

LOL its not easy  Why are you always asking for it? You just do it. 🤣

• Like 1

creator of ED's official F-16C liveries (WP,OS, 132nd, 152nd, 174th)
AH-64D livery contest winner 😅
kim_123456#3214

My user files https://shorturl.at/cdKV5

9 hours ago, ruddy122 said:

Stupid Question CH

How do I get to launch the ADM 260-Decoy in ME

Got the Hornet to launch the ADM-240

Just set a "bombing" task in the mission editor, and set it wayyyyy past where u want the decoy to go, will eventually crash in a field near wherever you set the target point. 

Hi CH, 

With the Kola map being added at some point this year, have you considered adding some Finnish or Norwegian assets? Vehicles like Leopard 2A8NOR, BMP-2MD, CV9030N/FIN and K9 Thunder would really compliment your existing Swedish assets and the new map. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tactical_Apollo said:

Hi CH, 

With the Kola map being added at some point this year, have you considered adding some Finnish or Norwegian assets? Vehicles like Leopard 2A8NOR, BMP-2MD, CV9030N/FIN and K9 Thunder would really compliment your existing Swedish assets and the new map. 

I second the K9 Thunder, could use it for an Australian AS9 Huntsman variant

Edited by OrdinaryPilot
  • Like 1