Next level racing HF8 haptic seat pad & DCS

Hi, with the current difficulties around the jet seat, I noticed there is this product available. It’s seems primarily set up software wise for racing sims, but does support Xplane & MSFS. Other flight sims via 3.5mm Jack.

I wondered if anyone had tried it with DCS and what the experience was like and if it would work using the sim shaker for aviators software?

thanks

• Like 1

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

3 hours ago, markturner1960 said:

Hi, with the current difficulties around the jet seat, I noticed there is this product available. It’s seems primarily set up software wise for racing sims, but does support Xplane & MSFS. Other flight sims via 3.5mm Jack.

I wondered if anyone had tried it with DCS and what the experience was like and if it would work using the sim shaker for aviators software?

thanks

I have been in touch with them, DCS support is on the list of titles to come but there is no support yet.

I bought a Jetpad from Sergio couple weeks ago. If you really want one, you should get in touch with him through his website. The Jetpad from sergio is far superior to the original Jetseat. 

The simshaker software will only work with the hf8, if simshaker gets updated to include it in their codebase. Same as the Realtus seat which didn't worked out of the box at all with dcs and now you can choose between diffrent pads. If next level racing is able to write their own software for the different flightsims it's fine, but there are a lot and simshaker wings covers quite a range. For racing sims you only need simhub to get it to work with your seat, but i still got me the simshaker wheels addon. 

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

HF8 works perfectly fine in DCS! Next Level Racing HF8 seems to be a remake of Realteus Forcefeel. The cabling and the control box looks very similar and SimShaker for Aviators does even recognise HF8 as a ForceFeel device. Skip NLR:s software, install the free version of SimShaker for Aviators and use HF8 as a ForceFeel device and enjoy the rumbling feedback in DCS!

• Thanks 1

Great news!

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

• 2 weeks later...

Great news indeed, HF8 is a lot cheaper (almost half) than jetpad in here currently.

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

7 hours ago, Thanatos31 said:

@DB 605 did you get the HF8 already? whats your experience ? 

No, not yet. My old oculus is slowly dying so i'm going to buy new VR glasses first probably (poor times..).

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I picked one up last week to try, used it for a few days but really not impressed.
It didn't seem to offer anything in the game except I liked the felt transition in/out of translation lift in heli's. Spent ages tweaking and trying others profiles but didn't find anything that I thought made it worth the HUGE downside.
Which is comfort, I have an expensive ergonomic chair which is amazing. Throwing a 2 inch thick pad on top it totally screws the comfort levels and being fairly narrow you feel almost perched on top, then of course you're sitting on top of a plastic seat now so sweating is also fun and it's not exactly warm here in the UK yet.

Anyway, it's waiting to be picked up by Amazon. To me not worth it at all.

Going to try a pair of transducers next attached either side of the chair see if that works for the same feeling but keeping the comfort of the chair.

Any questions ask away.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rikk said:

I picked one up last week to try, used it for a few days but really not impressed.
It didn't seem to offer anything in the game except I liked the felt transition in/out of translation lift in heli's. Spent ages tweaking and trying others profiles but didn't find anything that I thought made it worth the HUGE downside.
Which is comfort, I have an expensive ergonomic chair which is amazing. Throwing a 2 inch thick pad on top it totally screws the comfort levels and being fairly narrow you feel almost perched on top, then of course you're sitting on top of a plastic seat now so sweating is also fun and it's not exactly warm here in the UK yet.

Going to try a pair of transducers next attached either side of the chair see if that works for the same feeling but keeping the comfort of the chair.

Any questions ask away.

Were you using Next Level Racing's software that's in its infant stages or SimShaker for Aviators and SimShaker for Wings, which are far more tuned for flight sims?  I can certainly understand the comfort issue though.

I was using simshaker for aviators, to be honest if it wasn't so uncomfortable I'd of probably kept it and tinkered more but seems pointless buying a £1200 herman miller mesh chair then getting back ache and a sweaty arse because you slapped a 2 inch hunk of vinyl covered foam over it 😎

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Rikk said:

I was using simshaker for aviators, to be honest if it wasn't so uncomfortable I'd of probably kept it and tinkered more but seems pointless buying a £1200 herman miller mesh chair then getting back ache and a sweaty arse because you slapped a 2 inch hunk of vinyl covered foam over it 😎

Yeah, it’s the 2 inch lift that’s throwing me off. 
different question tho

did it just work for you or did you install / run different software apart from the NLR HF8 software and SSA?

it works with the normal software the NLR provides, vibrating correctly across all motors, but in the SSA from @=Andre= it always shows as „not connected“ or found when using „forcefeel“ option.  It doesn’t matter wether it’s AUX or USB mode, With bass shaker and pad I have selected „2shakers“ as option.
im on the beta version of software ; does the pad need any other settings or software running to be found by SSA ? 

Come fly with us : https://discord.gg/tawdcs  TAW CJTF 13 - EU TZ MilSim Squadron

Ryzen 5 5600X | 32GB DDR4 3733| ASUS Radeon RX 6700 XT  | ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | HP Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle , F16 & F18 grips , TFRP Rudders |  Win 10

On 3/18/2023 at 8:24 AM, Rikk said:

Any questions ask away.

you bought the thing from Amazon UK?
I thought HF8 only was sold on the USA

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Is anyone getting the following error when running the NLR HF8 with the Sim Shaker Aviator software? 

jetseta error.PNG

When the error occurs, the seat stops working, but immediately resumes working when I click "okay".  I seems to occur about every 15 to 20 minutes and is really annoying while in VR.  

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

I got an HF8 today, can confirm it was immediately recognised by SimShakerAviator as a Forcefeel seat and appears to be working as expected. I will update this post with confirmation next time I'm able to fly a significant time, as I'm currently having some unrelated... technical difficulties.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

12 hours ago, Dogmanbird said:

Hi Mars Exulte, any chance you are running an older version of simshaker? I'm wondering if the latest release intentionally blocks the HF8?

I am using the latest stable version 2.6.0 and it works great no issues.  

I have ordered the HF-8 two days ago and will get it about April 17th.

I‘m looking forward to delivery and curios how it will work with helos in DCS.

DCS MT 2.9.4.53990
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - OH-6A(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) - Kola — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

21 hours ago, corbu1 said:

I have ordered the HF-8 two days ago and will get it about April 17th.

I‘m looking forward to delivery and curios how it will work with helos in DCS.

Im almost certain it will work properly and will help you fly better.

• Like 1

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

I`m looking at this, a Buttkicker, or a DIY with pucks as I have a home-built chair (car seat and wood on casters).  I`m pretty concerned though with the comfort of this as every review I see mentions how uncomfortable it is.  Is it just because you can feel the motors in your back, or is it just stiff overall

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

I tried one and thought it was pretty crap, especially as I have a VERY good mesh chair. Not remotely comfortable, sweaty and vibration was extremely artificial. Arriving today was 2 dayton pucks and a small amp, just thrown it onto the frame of my chair and clamped it down. OMG the difference is night and day even at default settings without really tweaking and I get to keep the comfort of my chair.

If you do get one, please make sure whoever you buy it from has a good returns policy.

edit... and it works out cheaper 😎

Edited by Rikk

4 hours ago, Rikk said:

I tried one and thought it was pretty crap, especially as I have a VERY good mesh chair. Not remotely comfortable, sweaty and vibration was extremely artificial. Arriving today was 2 dayton pucks and a small amp, just thrown it onto the frame of my chair and clamped it down. OMG the difference is night and day even at default settings without really tweaking and I get to keep the comfort of my chair.

If you do get one, please make sure whoever you buy it from has a good returns policy.

edit... and it works out cheaper 😎

Good to know, thanks.  I like my car seat too, and really don't want to downgrade my comfort.  What did you get for pucks/amp?  

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth