Rearm/Refuel on a carrier bugs when the carrier moves.

Kaiser_1-1

12 hours ago, Flappie said:

Which aircraft? Harrier or another one?

Harrier just now. Yesterday it was the F14 (sorry not sure if SC or Stennis). Will update when next it next happens. EIther way it happens a lot.

(edit: typo)

Edited by Kaiser_1-1
  • Like 1

Yeah, doesn't matter the speed, turning, or straight line. So long as it's moving, it can happen. I have not seen it happen yet on maps using the old weather system, but I'm not sure yet if that's just a strong coincidence. I've tested the Stennis, the Lincoln, the Tarawa, and the Kuznetsov. None can be rearmed on while moving.

I'm fairly certain the problem here is that rearming can be disrupted with small movements, and small movements are being induced by some mysterious desync. I can see the aircraft occasionally hopping.

Edited by FusRoPotato
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2023 at 4:30 PM, Flappie said:

Carriers turn that often in missions? Or is it also happening when carrier goes in a straight line? In that case, would you mind sharing a short track please?

Realistic carrier cyclic ops involves turning into the wind prior to launch, so there will always be a carrier turn in a mission while people are on deck starting up/arming. This bug is a major annoyance for carrier operations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

• 1 year later...

I’m having the same issues. The Carrier is not in a turn, I’m sitting in a new jet trying to rearm in a MP session and the ground crew keeps shouting at me “What are you doing!” I’m in an F-18C requesting a new loadout. I look out at the aircraft and see it’s chocked and engines are not running, no movement either. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Checkmate said:

I’m having the same issues. The Carrier is not in a turn, I’m sitting in a new jet trying to rearm in a MP session and the ground crew keeps shouting at me “What are you doing!” I’m in an F-18C requesting a new loadout. I look out at the aircraft and see it’s chocked and engines are not running, no movement either. 

That's a long term issue that I've generally found better recently -- although now it seems to mostly happen in cases like you described i.e. no obvious reason.  It's likely a bit of desync causing you to bounce slightly and the ground crew freaks out.  Usually you can ignore them and eventually they'll finish, but sometimes you will need to restart refuel/rearm.  Be aware that if they restart and you've entered any settings in the ordinance it will be wiped (even if you're putting them same stuff on 2nd time).

• Like 1

What's happening is that I look out over my wing and I see all the ordinance loaded and when I get airborne I check the stores page and the inventory shows zero quantity even though the ordinance is on the wing of the aircraft. Were playing the MP mission Foothold and I'm wondering if the wind may be too high over the deck. I don't see the plane moving, but I can't seem to stop the ground crew from yelling at me, "Hey, what are you doing!" This seems to happen ever time we play this mission and I depart the carrier. Is it possible the flight model change may be affecting the mission?

For me, this is happening every time after I land on the carrier (any and all supercarriers, not tried the Russian/ British carriers). But, I don't have an issue if I have just spawned on the carrier (either cold or hot).

After landing I've tried... Wheel brakes/ no wheel brakes. Chocks/ no chocks. Shutting down/ stay running... Same result "Hey! What are you doing" (if the carrier is moving at all)

First noticed the issue on the Grim Reapers Stoneburner server, but tried it in others and in a single player, and in the in-built F18 campaign, with the exact same result.

On 4/1/2024 at 11:52 AM, Nealius said:

Currently a major issue with the Tomcat. Parking brake set, chocked up, carrier in a straight line, not turning.

Yet no DCS track. 🫤

• Like 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.