Clicking sound snice the update?

ak22

38 minutes ago, ak22 said:

What is this clicking sound I can hear every 5 seconds snice the update?

32 minutes ago, Kanelbolle said:

Yea, it seams to go faster the higher the throttle is set. Driving me MAD!

16 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

Gotta be the fuel counter, as it also clicks when on the tanker.

Yes, it definitely is the fuel counter.  The only thing is that the counter only increments / decrements every 10L but you hear the sound every 1L (I'm assuming).

Edited by kontiuka

15 hours ago, ak22 said:

I can't bare it lol hopefully they patch it out or add option to special menu.

3 hours ago, NaCH said:

Excellent implementation !!! I love it, it made me conscious of the use of fuel and regimes. 

I appreciate the dedication to realism but an option to not hear it would be nice.  For someone like me, repetitive clicking noises start to irritate after a while.

• Like 4

F1 has been my favorite plane to fly since the EA launch, but this constant clicking is annoying, even if it's realistic. I would like to see a special option to disable the detot sound, along with a instant alignment option for the EE (like in the Mirage 2000 / Harrier)

46 minutes ago, Fear-Infidel said:

F1 has been my favorite plane to fly since the EA launch, but this constant clicking is annoying, even if it's realistic. I would like to see a special option to disable the detot sound, along with a instant alignment option for the EE (like in the Mirage 2000 / Harrier)

They've corrected the clicking sound.  Fix should be available in next patch.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, IvanK said:

Though its there in real life !

Poor realworld mirage pilots ^^

If such annoying things have to be in the sim they should be made optional via the special options. 

• Like 1

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Hello,

It seems that there was a bit of a confussion regarding this. We think it probably comes from the most modern helmets muffling the sound more than the older ones. In any case, it will be possible to muffle the sound in the Special Options menu for those who find it too annoying. Hopefully this will be available in the next OB update.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

OMG ! I havn't flown DCS since the FFB broke. I was really enjoying the Mirage F1 and losing FFB put me in such a bad mood I refused to fly any DCS. When the FFB was finally fixed I was so happy I updated the patch went to the shops and was arriving home to fly after weeks grounded. I slipped broke my right wrist. No DCS for many more weeks.

Now today, I finally have healed enough to fly the beloved Mirage F1 ! I load in to Enigma server load up, taxi, take off and..... WTF is that fucking clicking noise !!!!!! AAGGGHHHHHHH I had to turn around and land and bang my head on the keyboard to ease the pain.   Oh well first world problems eh. Yeah sounds like the fuel counter to me too. 

PS as for people saying "be a man". It's absurdly loud on my system. I mean the fuel counter clicking  is so loud it overpowers out the sound of a jet engine in after burner! This can't be dismissed as realistic.

Edited by Dirty Rotten Flieger

1 hour ago, Dirty Rotten Flieger said:

PS as for people saying "be a man". It's absurdly loud on my system. I mean the fuel counter clicking  is so loud it overpowers out the sound of a jet engine in after burner! This can't be dismissed as realistic.

1) Check "Hear as in Helmet".

2) A couple of posts above:

In fact in the Mirage III in Full AB at 700+KIAS on the deck you could hear the debitmeter ticking away in our case at the rate of about 1 click per second (1 imp Gall per second)

3) It's gonna be fixed via a special menu option. 😉

• Like 2

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

Thanks for the correction. I should have read the whole thread before I replied. I'm amazed you could hear it in the real plane. Maybe they wanted the pilots to always hear the fuel burn rate and always be aware of it.

PSI assumed it was a bug which was a big part of why it was so annoying. Knowing it is a feature to keep the pilots aware of fuel use I'll give it another  chance, but probably will at least turn it down when the option is available. 

Edited by Dirty Rotten Flieger