V for Victory Mosquito Campaign Info

Some of the thrilling sorties flown by Mosquito units in World War II belong to movie screens rather than history books. The ’wooden wonder’ flew in an astonishing variety of roles, and some of them were truly stranger than fiction. ’V for Victory’ will take you through most of these different sorties: Night intruder, ranger, oboe pathfinder, noball, photo recce, Joan Eleanor - just to mention a few. It also contains accurate recreations of some of the most iconic Mossie missions of the war. Help the prisoners break out from the Amiens prison, bomb the Gestapo headquarters, or attack the radio station as Reichsmarshall Goering is delivering a propaganda speech. Put on your Irvin jacket, climb into the cockpit, and see if you have what it takes to be the leader of a Mosquito Squadron.

Key Features:

• 12 historical and semi historical missions based on extensive research 
  • Detailed campaign documentation 
  • Realistic briefings and briefing images, including separate PDF mission files 
  • Unique kneeboard cards and checklists for each mission 
  • Nearly a thousand specially recorded voice-over messages and radio broadcasts 
  • Historically accurate custom skins 
  • A wide array of historically accurate missions 
  • Accurate WW2 RAF procedures 

BUY HERE:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/campaigns/mosquito_fb_vi_-_v_for_victory_campaign/

dcs-mosquito-fb-vi-v-for-victory-campaig

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• 2 months later...

Well after a hiatus not off my making I finally finished the campaign today. Lovely audio touch at the end by the way.

This was phenomenal! I learnt lots about myself as well as being even more in awe of the guys who did this for real. I found my strengths were high level, Oboe, photo recon etc and definitely not low level strafing where I hot clipped every time! 

Thanks again Reflected for all you do. This was unlike any other campaign I've played to date.

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, algherghezghez said:

Hi Reflected, I am now playing The Big Show after reading the book and loving every second of it; I plan to fly V for Victory right after. DO you have any suggested reading? I already have Cover of Darkness, but anything else you can suggest I will get!

I wish I had but I haven't found any good Mossie books... If you do, let me know!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, algherghezghez said:

Hi Reflected, I am now playing The Big Show after reading the book and loving every second of it; I plan to fly V for Victory right after. DO you have any suggested reading? I already have Cover of Darkness, but anything else you can suggest I will get!

Can recommend the following:

Terror in the Starboard Seat by Dave McIntosh | Goodreads

Night Flyer (Fighter Pilots) by Lewis Brandon | Goodreads

Men Who Flew the Mosquito: Compelling Account of the ‘Wooden Wonders’ Triumphant WW2 Career by Martin W. Bowman | Goodreads

The de Havilland Mosquito: Through the Eyes of a Pilot by David Ogilvy | Goodreads

Separate Little War: The BANFF Coastal Command Strike Wing Versus the Kreigsmarine and Luftwaffe 1944 - 1945 by Andrew D. Bird | Goodreads

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 7/19/2023 at 11:05 AM, Reflected said:

I wish I had but I haven't found any good Mossie books... If you do, let me know!

“Terror in the starboard seat” by Dave McIntosh. Hands down. Read it now and thank me later.

Easily one of the best written autobiographies I’ve read.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

Long time ago, while still waiting for the Mosquito release I started the following thread. It has some lesser known but good Mosquito stories. In each post I also mentioned the sources:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/19/2023 at 8:55 AM, algherghezghez said:

The de Havilland museum sell a number of books some of which are specifically about the Mosquito 

https://dehavillandmuseum.myshopify.com/collections/books Some of these will probably be availalbe from Amazon etc

Also worth a browse is some of the archive material on the RAF Banff website (was used as an operating base for Mosquitos) http://rafbanfftrust.org/archive/index.html 

Edited by Aitch5
addition
  • Like 2

On 9/3/2023 at 2:09 PM, Aitch5 said:

The de Havilland museum sell a number of books some of which are specifically about the Mosquito 

https://dehavillandmuseum.myshopify.com/collections/books Some of these will probably be availalbe from Amazon etc

Also worth a browse is some of the archive material on the RAF Banff website (was used as an operating base for Mosquitos) http://rafbanfftrust.org/archive/index.html 

The best book I found about the Banff Strike wing is: "A Separate Little War" by Andrew Bird. A very interesting chronological description of all their operations since they formed in September 1944 to VE day.

In my old thread about "Less famous Mosquito Stories", the 1st one was about the wild "Boxing Day Raid" on Leirvik, based mostly on the above mentioned book:

• Like 1

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have any hints about avoiding flak when near the target in Mission 7? I've played it so many times, I'm getting pretty good at being successful destroying the target, but I get pantsed every time by that nasty flak. Typically one engine out which makes it difficult to complete the return, given the challenges that pop up. When checking out my progress on Tacview, I saw the AI wasn't having any more luck. I'm jinking side to side, going as fast as I can. I'm fairly low, lower than the mission parameters as the cloud cover prevents me seeing the target otherwise. Maybe the fact I'm dropping below the cloud a little earlier than I absolutely need to means the AA has a chance to get a bead on me? Is this even a thing with AAA of the WW2 variety (I believe it is with SAMs in more modern scenarios)?

Ok then. Maybe I'm not flying low enough, I don't know if this is considered cheating (I don't really care at this point :D) but I might change the bomb fuse to the 11 second version so I can drop at tree height. My rocket shooting from just below the clouds on diving in is pretty accurate (after all the practice!) but considering the jinking, I don't think I'll be able to get bombs on target if I'm higher than about 3-5k feet when I drop. I wonder how often the longer fuses were used IRL? They almost feel like cheat mode after always being careful to not drop low enough to kill my plane 😄

Back into the fray!

• 1 month later...

Hi Reflected (or anyone!😉)

I’m having slight problems setting up the directional giro.

After starting the engines and doing the usual preflight checks, with the plane stationary on station, there is a 5-10 degree difference (depending on the planes orientation) between the P8 magnetic compass and the magnetic heading shown on the info bar on exterior views. I can’t make up my mind which one is “accurate “ and should therefore be used to set up the directional giro. Given how precise some of the flying needs to be in these missions, any heads up as to which reading is more reliable (or is “referenced” by the mission) would be much appreciated.

Apart from that, just more praise for a simply superb suite of missions. Exhausting, thrilling and very informative. In complete awe of the real pilots and your editing and research skills.

Cheers 

4 hours ago, P999 said:

Hi Reflected (or anyone!😉)

I’m having slight problems setting up the directional giro.

After starting the engines and doing the usual preflight checks, with the plane stationary on station, there is a 5-10 degree difference (depending on the planes orientation) between the P8 magnetic compass and the magnetic heading shown on the info bar on exterior views. I can’t make up my mind which one is “accurate “ and should therefore be used to set up the directional giro. Given how precise some of the flying needs to be in these missions, any heads up as to which reading is more reliable (or is “referenced” by the mission) would be much appreciated.

Apart from that, just more praise for a simply superb suite of missions. Exhausting, thrilling and very informative. In complete awe of the real pilots and your editing and research skills.

Cheers 

Ok - just been playing around with instant action mission out of manston and can’t get magnetic compass to vary by more than 2 degrees maximum from external compass, taxiing around the runway. So either I was misreading the magnetic compass in Victory campaign or something weird is going on. More testing/flying needed!

Many thanks for your input. 
I think I will stick with your idea and use the info bar heading.

I had started to over complicate it in my mind, as i wondered if the info bar “heading” was in fact the  actual “direction” - accounting for wind as well. 

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/19/2023 at 5:05 AM, Reflected said:

Reflected,

Look for “Moskito Attack!”

very good one.

Edited by Sydy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Is your V for victory campain still availbale. I am on a gaming PC. I have the channel map and normandy 2, WWII assets pack and the Mossie, but am unable to purchase it, i get the message that I need other assetts I am on DCS 2,9