Mirrors not working in MT

funkster
Go to solution Solved by funkster,

28 minutes ago, funkster said:

Is this a known MT bug or just my installation?

The mirrors in the A-10C II are working fine on my system with MT:

20230329160138_1.jpg

Try to clear the folders fxo and metashaders2 in

%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS\

and run a slow repair (DCS Standalone) or verify (Steam).

If this doesn't help create a report in the native forum for MT related bugs and provide a short track and your dcs.log file.

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

• ED Team

Seems ok for us also, I would follow AstonMartinDBS advice to see if it helps

thank you

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

4 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Seems ok for us also, I would follow AstonMartinDBS advice to see if it helps

thank you

I don't think this is an A-10 specific bug. I've been seeing odd behavior in the Spitfire and P51 as well. 

At times while flying through clouds the mirrors disappear and if you toggle mirrors on and off the last image when toggled off stays in the mirror, almost like a screen shot. Same happens if you die and respawn.

I will work on getting screen shots after work today.  FYI I have done a slow repair, and regularly vlear my cache.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | Asus TUFF nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Dark Hero | 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 RAM | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Virpil MT-50 CM2 Throttle | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD base |  Virpil Ace 1 Rudder Pedals | Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant (x2) |Acer x34 P 3440 x 1440 | Valve Index VR | DCS on NVME

57 minutes ago, Hartsblade said:

I don't think this is an A-10 specific bug. I've been seeing odd behavior in the Spitfire and P51 as well. 

At times while flying through clouds the mirrors disappear and if you toggle mirrors on and off the last image when toggled off stays in the mirror, almost like a screen shot. Same happens if you die and respawn.

I will work on getting screen shots after work today.  FYI I have done a slow repair, and regularly vlear my cache.

Many Mi-24P users reported this as well, but we couldn't reproduce the Hind issue in current OB either. Please try what AstonMartinDBS suggests if you haven't already.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• Solution

Thanks alI for suggestions. Much appreciated.

I had tried the remove shader and repair etc before I posted (I should have said so apologies). As suspected it didn't work .....However I have just found the solution.  I had to change the cockpit display resolution to 1024 every frame and they now work.  

Edited by funkster
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2023 at 8:11 PM, funkster said:

Thanks alI for suggestions. Much appreciated.

I had tried the remove shader and repair etc before I posted (I should have said so apologies). As suspected it didn't work .....However I have just found the solution.  I had to change the cockpit display resolution to 1024 every frame and they now work. 

Thanks for your feedback. 👍

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.