DCS: A-10C Warthog

Namenlos Ein

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCS: CHUCK NORRIS

- He can bring down a mig just by looking at it.

- Kill a man with his pinky.

- Destroy sams and bunker just by screaming

- I can go on.....

Its Chuck Norris starring in the next DCS installment, yes you said ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

next DCS installment is gonna to be a human killing machine. We will be seeing the likes of Rambo & Chuck Norris :)

High probability of happening, since both are outdated and public domain.

On the other hand, a DCS:JackBauer will not come anytime soon because its operating procedures are classified :D

DCS: CHUCK NORRIS

- He can bring down a mig just by looking at it.

- Kill a man with his pinky.

- Destroy sams and bunker just by screaming

- I can go on.....

Its Chuck Norris starring in the next DCS installment, yes you said ;)

My .357 Magnum Python trumps Chuck Norris. :megalol:

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Pilotasso: AT-802U. ;)

(I wish.)

:thumbup:

No, I'm not fooling around. Having in mind the top fidelity of ED's recent flight models and physics models I would be glad to see a turboprop like this. Tucano is still too ugly, sorry:D

Edited by Bucic

I cannot wait until the A-10C module is released. I don't spend much money on video games (possibly because I work on them for a living,) but I purchased DCS: Black Shark and I plan on buying every module after. This type of simulation has always been why I love PC games/simulations over consoles, and I haven't seen one this good since Longbow 1 & 2.

Keep up the good work everyone, and you've got at least one fan here that will gladly spend the $ to keep you going!

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

:thumbup:

No, I'm not fooling around. Having in mind the top fidelity of ED's recent flight models and physics models I would be glad to see a turboprop like this. Tucano is still too ugly, sorry:D

We'll just have to learn to use the third-party tools when/if all the necessary ones are done and make our own AT-802U. :D

Edited by EtherealN
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

True, i don't get paid for this, so on that basis, its work of an "Amateur".

But, it's not the creator of the movie who will "sell" to customers. It's the content of the movie that matters, and how *everything* falls together. :)

I'm the living proof on how much can a good movie creator influence a difficult customer as myself. I went from opposing to buy Black Shark -DRM related considerations and lack of HOTAS prevented me to- to purchasing it (and a HOTAS set to fly it, on top of that), just by watching your clips in youtube (and by noticing that most customers had no big issues with Starforce in Black Shark. I hate the thing with a passion since SH3 was released and had to wait 2 months before I was able to play it).

So, while what you said **might** be true for most customers, there's certainly a percentage that without a work like you did won't purchase the product. True, without an exceptional product you wouldn't make the impressive clips you made, but fact is that you made a truly exceptional work with what you had at hand and that you succeeded what you were expecting to do with your work (reaching for more customers and convince some of them to purchase the simulator). I'm sure I'm not the only one who gave the step after seeing your videos.

And that is no small feat, requires quite some skill, and means you did a wonderful job that succeeded in what it was planned to achieve. Not bad, huh? :)

Not a secret I admire your work, I guess... ;)

Edited by RAMjb

I'm the living proof on how much can a good movie creator influence a difficult customer as myself. I went from opposing to buy Black Shark -DRM related considerations and lack of HOTAS prevented me to- to purchasing it (and a HOTAS set to fly it, on top of that), just by watching your clips in youtube (and by noticing that most customers had no big issues with Starforce in Black Shark. I hate the thing with a passion since SH3 was released and had to wait 2 months before I was able to play it).

So, while what you said **might** be true for most customers, there's certainly a percentage that without a work like you did won't purchase the product. True, without an exceptional product you wouldn't make the impressive clips you made, but fact is that you made a truly exceptional work with what you had at hand and that you succeeded what you were expecting to do with your work (reaching for more customers and convince some of them to purchase the simulator). I'm sure I'm not the only one who gave the step after seeing your videos.

And that is no small feat, requires quite some skill, and means you did a wonderful job that succeeded in what it was planned to achieve. Not bad, huh? :)

Not a secret I admire your work, I guess... ;)

Did you spend thousands, if not millions on it? Military clients have to.

This whole discussion is pointless. Military clients differ HIGHLY from consumers. They have a budget in the thousands or millions and have people's _lives_ in their hands. Some YouTube video (with all due respect at all the creative souls out there putting their work into the public domain) isn't going to sway their decision anywhere near the amount a proper technical brief of the software would. Case closed.

Indeed. The job of trade shows and videos like that as far as the military market is concerned is product awareness: you ensure that potential clients know that there is something out there that they might want to look at. This is similar in both military and consumer markets. The big difference is what they look at. Consumers want entertainment and beauty, so that's paramount for making us "look closer". But military clients want very specific applications. Like in the interview vid with JimMack, note how he he puts an emphasis on "correct decision" and getting the communications procedures right between the different elements.

There are many military applications that look like absolute crap but that are still successful, because their intended purpose has nothing to do with "looking good", it's about training people to make the right decision by giving them a relatively cheap and easy to set up simulation environment where they can be put into situations where they have to make quick decisions - and then face the consequences, be they good or bad.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Let's get this thread back on track.......:D

2099750342_6cdc4e38e2.jpg

13045.jpg

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Not going to stay as shiny chromed for long. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Not going to stay as shiny chromed for long. :P

Here we go - The 'Rusty' look :P

A10-Warthog30MM-Gatling-Gun.jpg

A10C - Spreading Diplomacy since 2007 by other means......:D

Edited by 159th_Viper

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

That's interesting. The chromed one was missing the bolt-lock... :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Did you spend thousands, if not millions on it? Military clients have to

I tend to think that I'm not a military client. Thankfully I guess. I'm just a civilian enjoying a hobby and who has purchased a piece of entertainment software. Something DCS:BS is. That's what what I purchased.

Military clients don't purchase Black Shark, they do purchase more specialized (and I guess way more advanced and even closer to the real thing) training software. That, I haven't purchased, nor is what Glowing Amraam displayed in his clips.

I'm a customer of entertaining software who decided to give the step of purchasing a product because I saw a series of clips in youtube that were the definitive "nail" for me to go and buy it. I purchased BS because of the evident quality of the product, it's high fidelity to the real thing. I was also seriously taken aback by the DRM protection system to the point that I would've left the game alone, and I'd have done it had I not stumbled upon those clips which convinced me to get over my personal hate of StarForce as a DRM, and buy the product. And because of that, and because I've tried Black Shark and found it as satisfying as I could ever hope for, I'll probably purchase A-10C aswell (will have to check if my laptop can handle it, tho, as it struggles to deal with BS as it is). So in the end his clips may make me buy not one, but two of ED's products, and probably any following add-ons if the quality level remains this high.

In the end, what he has achieved is one more, present and potentially future, customer, and a loyal one. And I'm not an easy customer, not by far. And I'm sure I'm not the only one he has "won" for Eagle Dynamics. Again, not by far.

Yes, I haven't spent millions on a product like the military does. True. I haven't purchased the product they use either. I have purchased a different, stand alone, product. And I guess ED cares about numbers of copies sold to the entertaining market aswell, not just for the military. I'm just a +1, a very minimal percentage of the market that product has been sold to. But I'm in there.

Without GA's videos I wouldn't be even that. If you say that's negligible, its your view. But I say that ED does this simulations in order to make some money, and that they should be proud to have Glowing Amraam doing those advertisement videos, because he really achieves what those clips intend: to attract more people into buying the product.

but well, yes, this is totally off-topic. Just wanted to answer you. I don't think this is an absurd question, nor that it is a "closed case". DCS:BS is an entertainment product, so will be A-10C, and any further add-ons for this series. If ED publishes this series is because they want them to be a commercial success on their own. And I'm part of that, as every other customer here is. We might mean less money but we also are a market for them. Don't ,ever, neglect that.

I'm sure they don't.

Markets are hard to win and VERY easy to lose. And if Glowing Amraam helps them to win customers in a difficult market, why shouldn't I congratulate him for doing so?.

Oooooooh

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

Nate

Oooooooh

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

Nate

Its actually an A10C preview :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Wooo Hoooo. :cheer3nc:

picture.php?albumid=385&pictureid=2691

• Like 3

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL