Radar Antenna Elevation Key/Axis Binding Issue

HoMeBoY

1) If I map the Radar Antenna Elevation to an axis the antenna doesn't map 1:1 to the current axis position, but instead keep accelerating towards FULL UP or FULL DOWN based on how much off the axis is from the middle position...and it's super sensitive. Also most axis on a throttle do not self center.  (eg: the flap level on a Warthog or Virpil thottle). Same issue if I bind it to a rotary slider. 
2) If I map the Radar Antenna Elevation to 2 separate key buttons instead, the same bug appears, the antenna elevation keep increasing indefinitely until it reaches the full up position and it's impossible to move
3) the only binding I found working is if I bind the antenna elevation to the tiny slider I have on my Virpil CM3 , that is some sort of short axis , almost like instantaneous axis, with a small detent in the center position. That works like if I move the slider off centre, the antenna starts moving (up or down) and if I move it back to the center position the antenna stop moving.

Can we have the antenna elevation bindable to a proper axis like we have on the F16 module or having it bindable correctly to 2 push buttons like we have on the Hornet and Mirage module? Thanks

+1 to this topic, even though I'm not sure this is a bug. But I also would very much like the antenna elevation axis to be 1:1 to the chosen axis (in my case, the flap lever axis on the Virpil throttle as well). This works in the F16, so I don't see how it can't be duplicated to other modules.

15 minutes ago, Islari said:

It is also working like that on F18. Seems to be a DCS issue

That is how it's supposed to work in the Hornet (elevation rate rather than elevation position).  I thought that's not how it's supposed to work on the F-15 throttle, but the only public info I could find actually says its 'elevation rate control.'

Edited by jaylw314
  • Like 2

This should be an option in the axis tune menu. I´ve got the ANT ELEV mapped to a spring loaded axis wheel and it works perfectly (in the F-15 and the F-18), but not so much in the F-16, as the antenna recenters every time i release the axis wheel. It´s very annoying in the F-16. There must be a way to make this suitable for both, position and spring loaded axis wheels...

• Like 2

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus + F-15EX / 4x TM Cougar MFD / Slaw Device RX Viper V3 / HP Reverb G2

I have the same issue. Can someone from Razbam confirm how the radar elevation works on the real SE throttle? Is it like the Hornet that the rotary dial is spring loaded and it auto centers after you release it? If it is, can we have an option in the special menu to bind it as a slider axis or an actual rotary dial that doesn’t center? Because most consumer hotas on the market has a rotary dial that doesn’t auto recenter unless you buy the F-18 throttle from Winwing. 

• Like 1

It has been said before on razbam discord by SMEs, it works the same way as hornets. Its not absolute like the F16 radar elev axis, its relative and should be used by spring loaded rotary or just buttons which I hate. Having the option to change the logic would be awesome

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/25/2023 at 3:41 AM, JOYFUL_CLOVR said:

the Elevation should not continue to go up or down if I'm not pressing the button right?

Right, but if you have it configured as axis, it will get constant input whenever it's not perfectly centered.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 6/24/2023 at 1:15 PM, vtaf_archer said:

It has been said before on razbam discord by SMEs, it works the same way as hornets. Its not absolute like the F16 radar elev axis, its relative and should be used by spring loaded rotary or just buttons which I hate. Having the option to change the logic would be awesome

Yeah, its a right PITA on the F18 and I ended up abandoning trying to use the finger slider axis (notch in the middle position) on my CM3 and just used up-down buttons instead. Having the option to map it to an axis with a centre detent would be great.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

+1 for this topic.

Maybe option in Spacial tab about behavior? As knob (full rotary) or as slider with the center to have possibility of moving 1:1 (like on TH Warthog throttle).

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On 6/26/2023 at 1:38 AM, draconus said:

Right, but if you have it configured as axis, it will get constant input whenever it's not perfectly centered.

If you really want to use a non-spring axis, just make a bigger deadzone in the middle

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/24/2023 at 8:15 PM, vtaf_archer said:

hmmm,but from a video showing how the real one operates, it seems that it should work just like the one on the 16. https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Vq4y1m7h1?t=309.9 
Also the "POH"(TO 1F-15E-1 1993) doesn't show any "center" position of the wheel, in contrast with the real 18(E)'s manual. (I'm not sure if it's appropriate to post clips of the manuals here so I'd rather not do).