Weapon Configurations

Chillz

Is there a reason we cant have GPS guided munitions on stations 4 and 6? I know the aircraft is capable of carrying them on those stations so Im wondering why ED chose not to allow weapons on those stations.

28 minutes ago, Chillz said:

Is there a reason we cant have GPS guided munitions on stations 4 and 6? I know the aircraft is capable of carrying them on those stations so Im wondering why ED chose not to allow weapons on those stations.

As far as I know our F-16 is not certified for those weapons on those stations, and they never carried GPS munitions on 4 and 6,

can you show some public evidence of what you claim?

vor 25 Minuten schrieb Furiz:

As far as I know our F-16 is not certified for those weapons on those stations, and they never carried GPS munitions on 4 and 6,

can you show some public evidence of what you claim?

Yes not exactly ours but here is a picture.  

And since our f16 can carry agm88 on the inner pylons. 😁

gettyimages-1232844300-2048x2048.jpg

9 minutes ago, Hobel said:

And since our f16 can carry agm88 on the inner pylons. 😁

Fair enough 😄

Certification demands testing and testing and most importantly money 😛 I guess it might be the reason US vipers cant have smart weapons on inner pylons.

While it, according to ED, can carry gbu24 on 4 and 6, I guess separation is not the issue.

The last time someone asked about this the reason given was that the USAF don’t have those pylons wired for data so the jet wouldn’t be able to program any smart munitions with the required coordinates and settings. 

5 hours ago, Chillz said:

The reason is that those stations don't have the appropiate interface (wiring/connectors)  those weapons need. Those interfaces are only avaiable on sta. 3 and 7

Israeli Viper are different

Edited by Falconeer

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

10 hours ago, SickSidewinder9 said:

Also, just noticing that they have captive carry training sidewinders on the wingtips, so any number of other things could be going on there.

The reason they have captives on the tips, is to prevent flutter of the wings and therefore increasing unwanted load/stress on the wings. In fact, F-16's rarely fly with empty wingtip stations just because of that.

If you have something heavier than a Sidewinder (AMRAAM for example), the heavier one goes on the tip 

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

17 hours ago, SickSidewinder9 said:

Could the bombs have just been preprogrammed on the ground?
Also, just noticing that they have captive carry training sidewinders on the wingtips, so any number of other things could be going on there.

I think they can. That's how I imagine the UAF is able to deploy JDAM's.

Edited by Sinclair_76

11 hours ago, Falconeer said:

The reason they have captives on the tips, is to prevent flutter of the wings and therefore increasing unwanted load/stress on the wings. In fact, F-16's rarely fly with empty wingtip stations just because of that.

If you have something heavier than a Sidewinder (AMRAAM for example), the heavier one goes on the tip 

Yes, but I'm pretty sure I've seem them at airshows without them. Both in meatspace and cyberspace.  Also, if it were an actual military op, and not some kind of training flight, wouldn't they be live weapons?
There's too little info along with that pick to really say what's going on.

Edited by SickSidewinder9

On 7/4/2023 at 8:17 PM, SickSidewinder9 said:

Yes, but I'm pretty sure I've seem them at airshows without them. Both in meatspace and cyberspace.  Also, if it were an actual military op, and not some kind of training flight, wouldn't they be live weapons?
There's too little info along with that pick to really say what's going on.

Captive missiles come in all sort of flavors. The ones you saw at airshows are definitly not live missiles....

I think the Israeli bird you refering to (picture here above), is on a training mission with live bombs.  That would make sense as why he is carrying captive missiles

• F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

On 6/30/2023 at 6:25 AM, Q3ark said:

The last time someone asked about this the reason given was that the USAF don’t have those pylons wired for data so the jet wouldn’t be able to program any smart munitions with the required coordinates and settings. 

the harm is technically a smart munition

vor 5 Stunden schrieb SickSidewinder9:

We're still not sure what the deal is there.

The deal is that there was a large discussion going on with initially, we had the HARM on 4/6 and then people cried about it being removed and so it stayed with the option to remove it via allowed loadouts.

The HARM is the only smart weapon to be loaded on the inner station, and this limit does only exist in DCS. In real life, it is smart weapons yes or no. ED decided to go for no as this is the realistic option for the block and user to be modelled, but did not remove the HARM that was already there at the point of decision. 

There are block 50/52 that can carry smart weapons there, for example greek ones.

As laser guided bombs do not require the bus, the can be loaded and dropped from the inner pylons.

• Like 1