SinSinai Map roadmap

OnReTech

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2023 at 1:30 PM, OnReTech said:

Hello dear friends and pilots.:pilotfly:

*The roadmap has been changed regarding the 3rd phase of the project, the wishes and feedback of users have been taken into account. According to the plan, we have already completed 2 phases of the project, the 3rd phase remains. But we are introducing an additional phase that includes unique objects and several airfields.

Roadmap

Phase 3

1. Fixing bugs from users and beta testers (more than 100) - in progress
  2. Airfields 15 pcs: Added 2 airfields: Sharm_El_Sheikh_airport, Ramon_International_airport. - in progress.
  3. Unique objects and architectural monuments, industrial facilities - more than 100 pieces (Cairo, Alexandria, Jerusalem, Petra, Eilat, Tel Aviv and etc.)- in progress. 
  4. More detailed zones of new airfields, places under unique objects.
  5. City textures - improvement, garbage cleaning.
  6. Rocky coastline.
  7. 2 types of acacia bushes for the south of Israel.
  8. Village fence models.
  9. New more realistic seabed texture.
  10. Parking for f35 for Israeli airfields.
  11. New type of the helipads and improved scenes for them.
  12. Night illumination of unique objects.
  13. Upgrading the Pyramids of Giza and the tombs around the pyramids (as in the preview video).
  14. Trees on mountains in Israel.
  15. Addition of military installations of Egypt (northern and southern camp).
  16. Improving ground textures (adding more color variety).
  17. Raster charts - the user has already been made available for free.

Phase 4

*preliminary, subject to change

1. Addition of airfields that were not included in phases 1-3 - typical airfields of 1-2 types
  2. Working out rocks in unique places, Ramon, Petra, etc..
  3. Additional unique objects not included in phase 3
  4. Bugs and improvements that constantly come from users

Timeline

*preliminary, subject to change

Phase 3 - end of November (testing). Mid-December - update phase 3.

Phase 4 - Q1 2024

!!! Thank you for your support and patience.

Some new map models:

image.png

image.png

Where is out P3 and P4

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

My Bygnewy post, talk the same...

Yes, but later he confirmed it will not be on the next patch. Just to keep expectations realistic as emotions are high for a Sinai patch.

Edit: The timestamps doesn't refer to a numerical date so your quotation seems to be the newest one. Hard to keep up with how broken up the info is around here. I just wish it were a healthier environment for all involved.

I don't know anymore about the Sinai patch. Apologies.

Edited by Czar66
  • Like 1

SD, don't take it the wrong way, but you are the last person that should correct other people's English. Most of the time the things you write are not 100% clear, so please, try to step back a little and understand that people can (and mostly will) interpret what you write the wrong way. 

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
On 1/17/2024 at 11:25 AM, Kappa-131st said:

I will try to explain the problem with this map in pictures:

No bridge to cross one of the largest cities in the Nile Delta, Mansourah, supposed to be a real road crossroads :

bridge1.png

No bridge at Shirbin too, another city on the Damietta Branch of the Nil :
bridge2.png

In Damahur, there is the bare minimum to cross the largest rivers, but practically nothing to cross the small rivers. 80% of the bridges are missing!

bridge3.png

And all this for the major cities of the Nile Delta... There are practically no bridges in the smaller cities or in the inter-urban space!

Consequences on pathfinding with a practical case:

• I take a vehicle on the coast and I want to go to waypoint 1, south of El Mansura: Despite direct roads, there is no major bridge around the city, the convoy is obliged to do a very large detour to the West and the South between Tanta and Al Zaqazik
  • I now want to take my convoy to Waypoint 2 : New Damietta. While with the expected routes passing through El Mansura (there would be 65 km of road), the convoy will literally take a 200 km detour passing next to Al Salihiyah, the Suez Canal and passing through Port Said!!!
  • Ok. Well, I want to go back to El Mansoura for my Waypoint 3, but this time, I'm going to stay on the same side of the Nile, I could probably hope for a direct route since I'm not crossing any major rivers..... And Well no ! Even so, the lack of bridges over simple small streams forces my vehicle to make a huge detour, returning through my origin point. It is practically impossible on this map to have a fairly direct route because of the quantity of waterways and the total lack of bridges!!!
  • And for my last waypoint 4, I'm going to push the pathfinding problem of this map to the absurd: As the crow flies, my waypoint 3-4 is 35 km. By road, it is practically the same distance theoretically since there is a direct route between these 2 waypoints. But the lack of a bridge will force you to make a detour of around 160 km!

bridge4.png

These absurd pathfinding problems can be reproduced almost anywhere in the Nile Delta, making this map a real headache for a missionmaker in order to determine convoy routes, or coherent road axes.

However, it would not take much to solve this problem: Simply the addition of a hundred bridges scattered at least in all the major or secondary cities of the delta, and on all river routes.

For me this problem should be the ABSOLUTE PRIORITY of OnReTech, because in my eyes it is considerably more important than adding more details to the pyramids, adding new types of trees or buildings... The map must be PRACTICAL, otherwise, it will be shunned by missionmakers. It doesn't seem to me that these additions are that complicated to make, but their importance is crucial for the appreciation of the map!

I wanted to do some dynamic missions on this new map which excited me and which I found magnificent: I quickly returned to the Syria map, because I couldn't do what I wanted due to the total lack of bridges... It's a shame for a suh beautiful map!!
We are not only fly over the Delta. We make CAS missions for Helicopter and CAS plane. So the roads must be pratical for convoy!

On 1/26/2024 at 9:56 PM, OnReTech said:

Thanks for your feedback. This is a big problem. We urgently added this to the high priority bugs. We will try to fix this and check the entire Nile Delta so that it will be fixed in the upcoming update

The addition of Bridge in El Mansura help convoi to cross the Damietta branch of the Nil, it is a good addition

But we are very far from having smooth roads, and there is still too much lack of bridges, especially on the main roads which are cut off at each small stream...

The El Mansura bridges help pathfinding determine East-West routes, but there are still very serious problems to resolve on all North-South road axes, as can be seen in this map.

I am quite disappointed to see that this problem of the lack of bridges on the main roads has not been sufficiently prioritized, and has fallen behind cosmetic developments, while this problem partly prevents the editing of missions in the Nile Delta. , for example by preventing armed convoys from going up the Nile without having to make exasperating detours.

The addition of a bridge on the El Mansura road junction is a very good thing, but to the extent that half of the roads do not work with pathfinding because of the roads which are cut at each watercourse, the problem major that I put back 6 months ago still remains present...

image.png

These two roads are the only ones that function as a North-South axis:

image.png

In the entire Nile Delta there are only 4 exploitable North South axes...

null

image.png

Edited by Kappa-131st
  • Thanks 1

On 8/9/2024 at 11:30 PM, Kappa-131st said:

The addition of Bridge in El Mansura help convoi to cross the Damietta branch of the Nil, it is a good addition

But we are very far from having smooth roads, and there is still too much lack of bridges, especially on the main roads which are cut off at each small stream...

The El Mansura bridges help pathfinding determine East-West routes, but there are still very serious problems to resolve on all North-South road axes, as can be seen in this map.

I am quite disappointed to see that this problem of the lack of bridges on the main roads has not been sufficiently prioritized, and has fallen behind cosmetic developments, while this problem partly prevents the editing of missions in the Nile Delta. , for example by preventing armed convoys from going up the Nile without having to make exasperating detours.

The addition of a bridge on the El Mansura road junction is a very good thing, but to the extent that half of the roads do not work with pathfinding because of the roads which are cut at each watercourse, the problem major that I put back 6 months ago still remains present...

image.png

These two roads are the only ones that function as a North-South axis:

image.png

In the entire Nile Delta there are only 4 exploitable North South axes...

null

image.png

Thanks for the feedback, we will look into this immediately. To fix it for the next update.

• Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks a lot ! 🙂
Is this possible to have MGRS minimum grid to 1x1 km ?
Actually, there is only Caucasus map witch have MGRS's minimum grid to 1x1 km, All other map have MGRS's minimum grid to 10x10 km.

MGRS 1x1 km are very practical in multiplayer for coordinating between different devices that do not have a datalink.
(Ex: When working between KA-50 and A10-C). Providing a 1x1 km grid helps accelerate joint cooperation

Edited by Kappa-131st

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you OnReTech !

Celebrity gif. Jason Momoa looks at us with a warm smile as he forms his hands into a heart shape. He then places his hands under his chin before going back to forming the heart.

Your bridge additions make pathfinding much more efficient with your latest patch! Below are the 4 points that served as a reference for me in the El Mansura area:

sinai2

No more detours of several hundred kilometers!

In general there is a notable improvement in pathfinding throughout the Nile Delta compared to the previous patch!
Well done!
road2

And thank you to the entire OnReTech team for listening to the community! 🙂

Jean Claude Vandamme Yes GIF

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...