SinSinai Map roadmap

OnReTech

Hello dear friends and pilots.:pilotfly:

*The roadmap has been changed regarding the 3rd phase of the project, the wishes and feedback of users have been taken into account. According to the plan, we have already completed 2 phases of the project, the 3rd phase remains. But we are introducing an additional phase that includes unique objects and several airfields.

Roadmap

Phase 3

1. Fixing bugs from users and beta testers (more than 100) - in progress
  2. Airfields 15 pcs: Added 2 airfields: Sharm_El_Sheikh_airport, Ramon_International_airport. - in progress.
  3. Unique objects and architectural monuments, industrial facilities - more than 100 pieces (Cairo, Alexandria, Jerusalem, Petra, Eilat, Tel Aviv and etc.)- in progress. 
  4. More detailed zones of new airfields, places under unique objects.
  5. City textures - improvement, garbage cleaning.
  6. Rocky coastline.
  7. 2 types of acacia bushes for the south of Israel.
  8. Village fence models.
  9. New more realistic seabed texture.
  10. Parking for f35 for Israeli airfields.
  11. New type of the helipads and improved scenes for them.
  12. Night illumination of unique objects.
  13. Upgrading the Pyramids of Giza and the tombs around the pyramids (as in the preview video).
  14. Trees on mountains in Israel.
  15. Addition of military installations of Egypt (northern and southern camp).
  16. Improving ground textures (adding more color variety).
  17. Raster charts - the user has already been made available for free.

Phase 4

*preliminary, subject to change

1. Addition of airfields that were not included in phases 1-3 - typical airfields of 1-2 types
  2. Working out rocks in unique places, Ramon, Petra, etc..
  3. Additional unique objects not included in phase 3
  4. Bugs and improvements that constantly come from users

Timeline

Phase 3 - end of November (testing). Mid-December - update phase 3.

Phase 4 - Q1 2024

!!! Thank you for your support and patience.

Some new map models:

image.png

• Like 35
  • Thanks 11

Thank you so much for the updated roadmap. 

This is exactly what I'm looking for, and what we unfortunately see so rarely in other vendors.

This tells me that purchasing Sinai was a good great decision, and what I read here makes my heart sing 🙂 

Please keep up the great work!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, cfrag said:

This tells me that purchasing Sinai was a good great decision

Fully agree .. I must admit that at first I was reluctant to purchase, since I already have Persian Gulf and Sinai, but the very reasonable price tempted me into buying Sinai .. I'm glad that I did, as it is an unexpectedly beautiful Map. Love that you keep improving on it 😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Great Thank you! You are the best! 👍

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On 7/14/2023 at 1:30 PM, OnReTech said:

Phase 4

1. Addition of airfields that were not included in phases 1-3 - typical airfields of 1-2 types

Will we see any airfield on Jordan and Saudi Arabia? King Faisal on Tabuk comes to mind, probably Taif is out of the map, but King Faisal is well inside the map.

• Like 4

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

K IC now Tx

Second phase. 

Additional unique objects and scenery for Israel and Egypt will be added.

Airfields of the second phase:

Egypt:

• Al Mansurah

• Az Zaqaziq

• Inshas Airbase

• Cairo International Airport

• Cairo West (Almaza)

• Bilbeis Air Base

Israel:

• Sde Dov Airport

• Palmachim Airbase

• Hatzor

• Tel Nof

• Ben Gurion

Edited by NRG-Vampire
  • Thanks 1

sign-pic4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can't wait for rocky coastline. Great map.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

MSI z790, i5 13600k128 Gb DDR4, RTX 4090, 980 pro 2 Tb, 4 SATA SSD, 3 HDD, SB AE-7, Acer 35" curved UltraWide 200Hz, LG CX 55" HDR 120Hz G-Sync, Logitech G510s, Razer Tartarus v2, Naga hex v2, Pico 4 256 Gb, Thrustmaster WARTHOG, RS FSSB MK II Ultra, TPR pedals, Cougar MFDs, Logitech flight switch and radio panels, x56 throttle, Saitek throttle quadrant, Trackir 5, Buttkicker gamer+, Logitech G920 with pedals, shifter, handbrake, Steam controller, Sony Dualsense, Edifier s760d 5.1 540Wt, Beyerdynamic dt 990 (600 ohm), dt 770 pro (250ohm), Razer stream controller, Elgato stream deck XL

FC3, A10-CII, AV-8B, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F-18, Viggen, Mirage F1, M2000, C-101, MB-339, Sabre, Mig-15, Mig-21, I-16, Spitfire, Bf-109, 190A8,D9,  P-47, P-51,  Mosquito, Ka 50-III, Mi-8, AH-64D, Mi-24, Gazelle, NS430, Supercarrier, ALL maps, CA, WW2 assets pack

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/5/2023 at 9:47 AM, BarTzi said:

Are we waiting for phase 3 to get those bug fixes? Can we at least get a hotfix to the BE location?

We are working on it. We are preparing an update along with phase 3 (bug fix and map extention). Work in progress. Later we will make a report on the future update.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

On 10/4/2023 at 12:06 AM, OnReTech said:

We are working on it. We are preparing an update along with phase 3 (bug fix and map extention). Work in progress. Later we will make a report on the future update.

Hot fixes should not take too long to implement. In my opinion, it's odd that you have not addressed the serious issues and tied them to phase three, which will come when... December? Come on, OnReTech - you can do better than that.

Edited by BarTzi

On 10/8/2023 at 2:26 PM, BarTzi said:

Hot fixes should not take too long to implement. In my opinion, it's odd that you have not addressed the serious issues and tied them to phase three, which will come when... December? Come on, OnReTech - you can do better than that.

My guess here, they might wait for the 2.9 release for an eventual update.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Papanowel said:

My guess here, they might wait for the 2.9 release for an eventual update.

Maybe, but I don't care. I paid money for this module, and they had PLENTY of time to push those hotfixes. There's no excuse. 

The map was released 4 months ago. It had zero updates. Zero bugfixes. Now I know to avoid OnRe as a dev in the future.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BarTzi said:

Maybe, but I don't care. I paid money for this module, and they had PLENTY of time to push those hotfixes. There's no excuse. 

The map was released 4 months ago. It had zero updates. Zero bugfixes. Now I know to avoid OnRe as a dev in the future.

A fair advice for your future software purchased, do not buy early access product. 👍

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Papanowel said:

A fair advice for your future software purchased, do not buy early access product. 👍

Yeah, cuz, you know, I've been doing touch and gos in an F-16 at Tel Nof the last few days and the concrete is still kind of soft.  You would think by now it would have plenty of time to set, especially with all the crosswind I have dialed in, but my aircraft still pulls to the left.  🙃

Makes take-offs with a full load of ten CBU-97s challenging, even if I manage to find a place to put them before I land.

---

So, off topic, but seriously?  The F-16 can carry ten (10!!??) 1,000 lb class CBU-97s, and still have room for 4 AIM-120s, an external fuel tank, and a TGP?  My dad's 'heavy' bomber only carried 8,000 pounds of bombs!  Ok, it could carry them a bit farther, but their idea of accuracy was all the bombs fall on the right country!  Come on, it wasn't that long ago was it?  Was it?  Come on...say something...  🤪

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Papanowel said:

That can't be the solution to every DCS-related problem we are facing, and honestly, that statement is very weak. I accept the drawbacks of EA and SAS modern gaming industry leans towards, however, I choose to criticize the developer's decision to NOT patch the terrain until they are done with phase three update, which is planned for December.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BarTzi said:

That can't be the solution to every DCS-related problem we are facing, and honestly, that statement is very weak. I accept the drawbacks of EA and SAS modern gaming industry leans towards, however, I choose to criticize the developer's decision to NOT patch the terrain until they are done with phase three update, which is planned for December.

I do agree with your statement though.

Lets hope for a real update with all the promises in December!

• Like 2

On 10/11/2023 at 6:42 PM, BarTzi said:

Maybe, but I don't care.

Actually, you do. A lot - or you would not be so vocal about it. Which is a bit of a puzzler to me, since you've been around the block a few times in DCS and know that the time between bug-fixes here are best measured in geological timescales. Unlike other vendors in the DCS arena, OnReTech have been very forthcoming with information, and we know that they are angling for a November/December update. That's more than I can say about other recent purchases (e.g. Mudhen, Normandy).

There's no excuse. 

There always are, you simply choose to not accept them, and that is fully within your rights. Personally, I'd of course be happier if OnReTech already had published some updates to the Sinai map, because more is always better. Then again, I don't feel that OnReTech is withholding a release just to spite me, so I'm feeling that there's some solid reasoning behind not pushing out an update. 

I see that you are disappointed. I'm happy with my Sinai Map enough to use it (although it does have a couple of annoyances that I hope will be remedied with an upcoming fix), and I believe that I have received good value for my purchase. Just like you, my purchase of an EA product implicitly includes the expectation of updates. It seems my expectation of the timeframe involved is slightly greater than yours. It's the final product that I will judge OnReTech's merits by, and I respect the "caveat emptor" of an EA purchase. Maybe you can too? I think they are worth the risk.

Edited by cfrag
  • Like 6

Am 12.10.2023 um 18:13 schrieb BarTzi:

So you are basically saying, because you can't accept the reality of complex, modern software development, and the fact you bought an early access product to get your hands on the "good stuff" as early as possible and safe a few bucks, requires a vendor to heed your expectations and change their roadmap, planned release cycle and maybe contractual agreements? 

The "DCS-related problems" seem to boil down to customers unwillingness to abide by the fact that early access is by all means and definition not a finished product that ships with an expectation to be ready to play and gets immediate, or short term bug-fixes based on severity and available ressources.

Early Access requires patience and the willingness to grow and mature with the product, accept bugs and issues on the way, live with adjustments to roadmaps and features.

Early Access is not finished, does not mean every bug found, small or large, will be fixed as quickly as possible, etc.

And to put it into perspective, other titles sell Alpha, Beta Testing and Early Access, as a "privilege" for customers willing to pay more, for the chance to get a glimpse and the option to participate in the feedback and improvement of the product. DCS gives you a discount to be able to access the product during testing and give feedback that is included into the development.

Edited by shagrat
Corrected typo
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)