Patch 1.0.1

I understand that the training tracks have to be re-done to get up to standard of the release version.

I am also happy with ED's choice of providing only videos for future modules. Videos seem more practical anyway as they can be forwarded/rewinded more easily. Don't missunderstand me there, the training tracks really helped me get into this sim.

Maybe some video player can be added into the DCS interface to play training videos instead.

EDIT: Btw, thanks for keeping us informed!

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ED will not release a half-broken patch.

It could only be better then now!

What is your current problem with MP?

At first, I only fly MP, never fly SP!

My problem is not the MP itself. (no relevant issues, even if there are enough things, that could(must) be changed!)

The first problem is the editor and the not existent trigger for multiplayer!

The only 100% working trigger is the "activate group" trigger. (see GUI Manual)

The second problem is the Ground-AI "pathfinding" or better say, the problem with stucking on even low hillsides.

And also some problems e.g. the not working GAI (Ground Alarm Intercept) and so on. (There is a workaround for it...but you know...)

Both together is inacceptable for MP-missions builder.

It can't go on, that you have to build a single MP-Mission for 10 hours and more, only to see, that it is not working 100%, because of the above issues.

Some more 100% guaranteed working trigger in MP and the fixed issue with Ground-AI "pathfinding", woul it make soooo much easier!!!

So this is, why I am totally dissapointed!

I mean, just take a look to the "Missions and Tracks" Thread and look when the last MP-Mission was released by the community!

No one wants to work with the editor, how it is yet!

(Sorry for spelling mistakes...)

Edit: If I had know about this problems a few month before, I hadn't buy the game till the patch is out! Sorry.

It was funny to fly and to shoot some. But this is nothing I would pay 40€ for!

Edit2: I'm sorry for sounding a bit harsh....but my english is not good enough to express myself good enough. So it can sometimes sound a bit harsh.

Edited by Duke49th
  • Like 1

Using the Track file system for the training missions should have been dropped in Flanker 2, EVERY patch, all the way to DCS caused the same problem with the training tracks, glad to hear its being ditched at last.

Actually to my mind the Producers Notes were FAR superior for my Black shark education.

Nate

Edit: If I had know about this problems a few month before, I hadn't buy the game till the patch is out! Sorry.

It was funny to fly and to shoot some. But this is nothing I would pay 40€ for!

if your not buying the game because of the patch then you're missing out. To me, and most others here, is not that important cos it works very well without it... Better then most games that get realsed.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Arrgh....:mad:

No Patch before August?

This means for me: Not flying DCS:BS till then.:( (No patch>no more mp-missions>no flying)

Come on ED, just don't give a f*** on Tracks and Training Missions!!!

WE(Mission Builder&Multiplayer gamer) NEED THAT DAMM PATCH!!!

I agree. If it takes so long to get this patch out the training will be totally irrelevant for the people that care.

Why not release the ME additions and let us who only play MP have some working triggers, please! I'll expect the patch in December some time. I'm sure i read once that the patch would be released when the international boxed version was released. :music_whistling:

Edited by MadTommy

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

I agree. If it takes so long to get this patch out the training will be totally irrelevant for the people that care.

Which people would that be? The people who want to have working training missions?

Why not release the ME additions and let us who only play MP have some working triggers, please! I'll expect the patch in December some time. I'm sure i read once that the patch would be released when the international boxed version was released. :music_whistling:

Because those ME additions are tied to other things as well, and they're not distinct from other things done in the patch.

While it was at some point the plan to release the patch at a certain time, that didn't work out, and ED has always said that the plan is the plan, not a promise.

While the small online community might appreciate having a patch released without the training missions fixed, others would find it unacceptable that the training is broken.

Seriously, would you guys prefer that ED just say nothing whatsoever? Go the Lead Pursuit way perhaps and say zip until things are released?

I can put in a word here and there and arrange for this to happen.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

My opinion is.....this game is giving us a tons and believe me....tons of things to do and enjoy.....Im talking about the time that takes to study this game to being a profitable (Dont know if this is the correct word....) virtual pilot!

That in the free bug state that this game is Im not worried of a patch delay.

In fact if they release The A10 C in time I have to divert my studies into two aircrafts!! before finishing to learn only one!!

Sorry if its confusing.:doh:

In a few words I Own This game and its a terrific game! I want and need time to fully understand it and learning it....so developers please take your time to do things well!! We are gonna really apreciate it!!!

Skuda

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic56197_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

AMD Phenom IIx4 955 Black Edition@3.2Ghz

Asus M4A785TD-M EVO 6Ghz DDR3 1033

NVidia Geforce GTX 570 hd1280 Mb GDDR5

if your not buying the game because of the patch then you're missing out. To me, and most others here, is not that important cos it works very well without it... Better then most games that get realsed.

That's true. This game has less bugs then other games for years.

But if I have bugs or missing content that makes it unplayable for me, then it doesn't matter if the bugs are critical or not.

Unplayable is unplayable in every way.;) (Even when I "only" have no missions to play for.)

Anyway..

For SP you're right. I'm sure that it is very funny to play SP, if you like it. (I don't, really I don't....it's simply boring for me. Better play Chess (online) then SP, seriously!! - done yesterday, four hours of chess with a squadmate)

But I am a multiplayer gamer. And for playing MP, I need missions.

But right now, we have no new MP missions. No one wants to make some. And this is because of issues with triggers and Ground-AI.

So what now?

Seriously, would you guys prefer that ED just say nothing whatsoever?

Go the Lead Pursuit way perhaps and say zip until things are released?

I can put in a word here and there and arrange for this to happen.

When the patch will be released in August, then it will be 10 month after the first(russian) release!! (And 5 month after the german release) -- if ED can release the patch in August....what is not stated yet!

(And please remember that ED said, that they will (not promised, sure) release a module every 9 month...now the first patch seems to took even longer then the pointed release of the first module:()

You have to agree that this is a very very long time! I cannot remember any game developer that took so long for the first patch!

Lead Pursuits first patch does not took 10 month!! (If you want to compare!)

So it's better to not compare patch behaviour:music_whistling:

If ED could bring out a kind of hotfix that fix the Ground-AI stuck problem, then it will be an huge first step forward and I could wait without complaining. But we have nothing.

I am really very happy that ED try to deliver us a very complex simulator. But bugs are bugs and missing content is missing content. No promises about furthur content and modules and so on, can make this undone!

And last, I have the feeling that you guys from ED take every critique personally...?

Edited by Duke49th

You have to agree that this is a very very long time!

No, I do not.

I cannot remember any game developer that took so long for the first patch!

I do not recall another developer offering some major functionality updates here and there in patch #1, though it might have happened, who knows.

Lead Pursuits first patch does not took 10 month!! (If you want to compare!)

So it's better to not compare patch behaviour:music_whistling:

I don't recall LP doing anything short of fixing some critical and playability issues in patch #1, and they had do re-patch again and again as problems kept cropping up (or were simply scheduled to be fixed at a given time). It's not that they did a bad job - they decided to use a different approach that suited their unique situation, much like ED is doing.

Indeed, it's better if you didn't make comparisons when you do not understand what's going on. :glare:

It's very easy to demand hot-fix this and hot-fix that. Let's get this straight: ED has a plan for its patches much like LP did. It is not the same plan. Like I said, if all that comes from updates is whining, updates might stop happening.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Indeed, it's better if you didn't make comparisons when you do not understand what's going on. :glare:

But I undersstand one thing: I paid for a product. It is not finished.

Software developement today is: Releasing an unfinished product, then fixing it.(hopefully)

And this is the way it goes for every kind of software.....damm I-net. Before 15 years that couldn't work for any developer.

It is not only ED. It is every developer. This makes me dissapointed...no... this makes me angry. Because EVERYONE is going this way!

It's very easy to demand hot-fix this and hot-fix that. Let's get this straight: ED has a plan for its patches much like LP did. It is not the same plan. Like I said, if all that comes from updates is whining, updates might stop happening.

You're talking about patches or update about patches? I hope you mean the last one, otherwise say good bye to our money...

And now I'm out till August or whenever the patch is coming....it makes me tired...really tired....bad paying customers..what the hell are they thinking about wanna having a bug free and finish product, tztztz:mad:

• Like 1

When the patch will be released in August, then it will be 10 month after the first(russian) release!! (And 5 month after the german release) -- if ED can release the patch in August....what is not stated yet!

(And please remember that ED said, that they will (not promised, sure) release a module every 9 month...now the first patch seems to took even longer then the pointed release of the first module:()

You have to agree that this is a very very long time! I cannot remember any game developer that took so long for the first patch!

mate who are you to question ED on there business plan?

HP TouchSmart IQ816 / 25.5" HD touch screen / 9600GS 512/ Core 2 Duo 2.16 / 4GB RAM / VISTA 64 / CH Fighterstick

Alexduke:

ED has other things on their hands than just Black Shark of the A-10C project; sometimes those things delay another project, or the work on a given product ends up being significant enough to take time. I appreciate that you do not understand this, but lack of this knowledge or understanding, and your 40 euro, does not give you any particular entitlement to be rude - even if your pet peeve has been delayed a couple months.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Chill please. Making such complicated products where many people are involved is not an easy process to judge how much time it will cost. Many unpredicted things may appear on the way. Please, understand this - it's not hammering the nails by a carpenter. No one there (I'm sure) in ED Team enjoys this situation nor does it with premeditation.

I have to admit I am very sceptical about expected 9 months intervals between DCS modules... at the rate Black Shark is going with sequential releases first with russian, then english DL then international CD then manual, then patch... seems many stages for complete release of single module... makes me think even 1 year between modules is not very likely :(

But what can you do... for something good you just need to wait... everyone get back to work :D

• Like 1

No longer active in DCS...

I agree. If it takes so long to get this patch out the training will be totally irrelevant for the people that care

Which people would that be? The people who want to have working training missions?

Wow that is really insightful. :doh:

Every month the patch is delayed the more irrelevant the training missions become.....How many people will be using the training missions in August? I can't imagine many.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

maybe

Wow that is really insightful. :doh:

Every month the patch is delayed the more irrelevant the training missions become.....How many people will be using the training missions in August? I can't imagine many.

I do,

and maybe also some of the 13046 registered Users of this Forum and maybe also some of the people that are only registered in the e-shop of DCS (ant not in this forum) and maybe also some buyer of a Boxed version and never registered here but reading as guest.

And maybe also the people that will buy the boxed 1.0 version in august and instantly patching it to 1.0.1 (and not 1.0.1WT - WT for Working Tutorial ,or whatever...) and than wondering why the missions are not working.

But maybe I'm wrong with this and I'm the only one.

Edited by PeterP

Alexduke, given the general feedback on this and other forums, I think it's fair to say that your opionion is not representative of the majority of Black Shark players. By far, the feedback has been that the product is one of the most polished releases in recent memory. By most accounts, it is not in any immediate need of a patch at all, eventhough one would certainly be appreciated.

This is not to say the product is perfect, but that your assesment of it is acutely negative and unrepresentative of what we have seen from most other users. I understand it's your opinion and you are entitled to have it, but it is not an opinion that is objectively fair. I'm sorry that you find the simulation "unplayable" in it's current state, but I'm quite sure the vast majority of players would disagree with this assesment and would in fact state the direct opposite.

To all, delays will happen and plans will change. It's the nature of the beast, at least in so far as ED's business plans. At any given time, ED is working on a number of projects and resources are shifted according to needs. Long time forum members should by now be familiar with this reality, unpleasent as it may be. In the end, we are all striving for the same goal - realistic combat flight simulation. One step at a time.

P.S. Also want to remind you that ED does not usually provide any release date estimates. We might post a "hopefully..." approximation, but it is YOU who then translates that as a release date and then blames US when it slips. If we wanted to give release dates, we would give release dates. We don't, because we know they are not reliable. You should know this, too.

Edited by EvilBivol-1
  • Like 1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

A Point to Ponder over a Cup of Earl Grey.........

“The key to everything is Patience. You get the Chicken by hatching the Egg, not by Smashing it.” - Arnold H. Glasgow

:)

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

To me the game is not in the need for an immediate patch and I would like to Thank all of ED for a very polished V1.0 of DSC: Blackshark.

Thats more that what i can say for most other games that get a patch within a month of release.

To my knowledge ED are working very hard on various products..

DCS:BS patch

DCS:A10C

FC patch

some other Govn't products.

Thats quite a few, more then other game devs. As long as DCS:10c is as polished as BS was on release then im a happy bunny.

three cheers for ED I say. Keep up the good work.

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Never mind..

This forum is so full of fanboys any view that...............waste of time disagreeing.

Edited by MadTommy
  • Like 1

This forum is so full of fanboys any view that doesn't have its brown nose up ED arse gets jumped upon.

The only ones being jumped upon are those incapable of expressing their opinion in a civilised and undemeaning way.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

So disagreement with you a fanboy makes? :)

I think you just sunk your own argumentation, whatever it may be that it was.

(As I recall, it looked something like this: The game was released unfinished in my opinion, so release an unfinished patch to satisfy me! -- perhaps not exactly yours, but that's what you're siding with ;) )

Never mind..

This forum is so full of fanboys any view that...............waste of time disagreeing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This forum is so full of fanboys any view that doesn't have its brown nose up ED arse gets jumped upon.

Reading this thread, I'm quite suprised at some of the responses and threats(?!) of ED 'going silent'. A little bit of winging is the par-de-course for any games forum pre-patch no? It's not like we got a load of monkeys starting 'We demand the patch' polls or anything like that. :huh:

(Just checking, but there isn't a 'We demand the patch' poll is there - just in case I'm about to get flamed!:lol:)

Edited by McVittees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.