Saturday news 12/08/23

YoYo

Great news from Heatblur Simulations and finally some more pictures from the cockpit :thumbup:

"We're warming up your seat! The last miles are always the hardest, and the team is presently working night and day to get DCS: F-4E ready for launch.
The Phantom has now been in development for just over two years, and we've been working incredibly hard to build not only the ultimate recreation of the Phantom, but a sustainable platform for Heatblur moving forward, starting with the launch of the F-4.
Every rivet, screw, breaker, lamp, and otherwise will be accurately recreated in what we hope will be the ultimate simulation of the legendary Phantom. Our current focus is still on wrapping up some of the most complex and intricate systems coming to DCS: F-4E, such as Jester 2.0. Not only do we have to make sure that new features developed are great, polished and fun on day one; but since we'll be re-using a lot of our new technology in both past and future aircraft, we're treading thoughtfully. We've always tried to look for new ways to further DCS and our own products, and the Phantom will be no different. Elements like better in game learning or RPG-lite mechanics in JESTER are just some examples of where we've gone this time around. 
Our key priority however is ensuring that you have a great experience on launch day, with a rich and as close to feature complete experience as we can provide, and we'll be sparing no effort to get to the quality you all expect.
We can't wait for you to fly the F-4. Stay tuned for more news, including F-4E, but also MSFS F-14 as well as updates to DCS: F-14, Viggen and other Heatblur elements shipping this year. We're somewhat quiet at the moment as we have our heads down and are working hard, but we hope to share much more soon.
Thank you for all of the support, we couldn't do this without you all!"

FlFzExx.jpg

0FW5vET.jpg

XEM5Fpt.jpg

ctP5q3X.jpg

6CiJOxV.jpg

PKr4ixl.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 7

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Iron Mike has already said Skynet will be included with this module.  Maybe not in those exact words, but he has used all of them at some point.

Looks a bit like HB is living up to their reputation for excellence.  Still needs the in-flight entertainment system and I don't see a tap for adult beverages anywhere, but I'm sure those will be in the finished product.   For the record I'm a bachelor starting Wednesday and the week before September I'm off work, so what a perfect time to release a new module.  Just sayin'...  🙃

• Like 2

Jester 2.0 looks promising, Im very curious about the changes 👍.

• Like 2

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Reading their notes I get the feeling, though this might be completely off base, that Jester II will improve significantly on the original even if the voice overs don't change.  The F-14/Jester was a serious step forward in technology, and the anticipation for the F4 is pretty intense.  I try not to anticipate so much that nobody could deliver on it, though, and will continue to patiently wait for the release.

It's not like I don't have a hanger full of modules to amuse myself in the interim...off to embarrassingly crash another AH-64 with my ham-fisted driving.  That or it's horribly bugged.

The latter sounds far better than the former...but the more I practice the smaller the bugs become...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, YoYo said:

Great news from Heatblur Simulations and finally some more pictures from the cockpit :thumbup:

"We're warming up your seat! The last miles are always the hardest, and the team is presently working night and day to get DCS: F-4E ready for launch.
The Phantom has now been in development for just over two years, and we've been working incredibly hard to build not only the ultimate recreation of the Phantom, but a sustainable platform for Heatblur moving forward, starting with the launch of the F-4.
Every rivet, screw, breaker, lamp, and otherwise will be accurately recreated in what we hope will be the ultimate simulation of the legendary Phantom. Our current focus is still on wrapping up some of the most complex and intricate systems coming to DCS: F-4E, such as Jester 2.0. Not only do we have to make sure that new features developed are great, polished and fun on day one; but since we'll be re-using a lot of our new technology in both past and future aircraft, we're treading thoughtfully. We've always tried to look for new ways to further DCS and our own products, and the Phantom will be no different. Elements like better in game learning or RPG-lite mechanics in JESTER are just some examples of where we've gone this time around. 
Our key priority however is ensuring that you have a great experience on launch day, with a rich and as close to feature complete experience as we can provide, and we'll be sparing no effort to get to the quality you all expect.
We can't wait for you to fly the F-4. Stay tuned for more news, including F-4E, but also MSFS F-14 as well as updates to DCS: F-14, Viggen and other Heatblur elements shipping this year. We're somewhat quiet at the moment as we have our heads down and are working hard, but we hope to share much more soon.
Thank you for all of the support, we couldn't do this without you all!"

FlFzExx.jpg

0FW5vET.jpg

XEM5Fpt.jpg

ctP5q3X.jpg

6CiJOxV.jpg

PKr4ixl.jpg

Now this is just...sexy! Thank you for sharing.

• Like 3

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

Someone recently said that art exists to evoke an emotional response - Heatblur does that consistently, literally felt a tear in my eye looking at those cockpit close ups! The modelling, the texture work, the feeling of a living working piece of machinery - just wow, wow wow. And that's just a 2D image! What's going to happen when we start seeing videos? Am I too far gone? Incredible!

• Like 4

https://youtube.com/@thesimnet                                    questions@thesimnet.com 

image.png

Waiting for the screen shot of the radar screen.

• Like 3

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

On 7/15/2023 at 6:20 AM, Manhorne said:

Three years from now we will still be seeing the phrase "SOON" for the Phantom...The truth is they jumped the gun on this thing from the start in every conceivable way and for a whole host of reason in and out of their control but nearly all foreseeable IMHO...

On 7/19/2023 at 1:15 PM, Bosun said:

DM me your info. 

I have a proposal. They release 3 years from now, I'll buy your copy.  

They release inside a year from now, you buy mine. 

They release outside a year from now, but not 3, draw.  

*Not joking - one time offer, I could really use a free module.

@Manhorne

So, ah, I guess I'll send you my Venmo, there bud?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank god the ramp supports are there! They weren’t on previous developmental screenshots. (VERY visible on an F-4). :notworthy:

• Like 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

10 minutes ago, Fromthedeep said:

Nothing indicates that the release is within a year. A few pictures tell us virtually nothing about the state of the entire module. For all we know, HB may intend to release it late 2024.

Late 2024? You may be surprised, I bet this year, winter 2023, I'm more optimistic.

• Like 4

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Late 2024? You may be surprised, I bet this year, winter 2023, I'm more optimistic.
October could be the open windows in ED release schedule, we have in near to release state the F-4E, F-4U, Kiowa, others coming at fast pace, so ED must distribute in the next coming months to not overlap or have too much close release.

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, Hunter Joker said:

October could be the open windows in ED release schedule, we have in near to release state the F-4E, F-4U, Kiowa, others coming at fast pace, so ED must distribute in the next coming months to not overlap or have too much close release.

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

It could be October too.

This sentence is important too „The last miles are always the hardest, and the team is presently working night and day to get DCS: F-4E ready for launch”.

Dont expect Kiowa this year, especially after what Wags said recently. Corsair I think yes, it could be this year but everythig is subject to change 😅 (tm).

• Like 2

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Remember, there's an unknown DLC listed under DCS on Steam, but I have doubts that it could be the F-4. If there are slots that goes to only one module each quarter, we got one filled for 3rd or potentially the 4th quarter.

Current Modules: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, AV-8B, Mirage 2KC, Mirage F-1, Mig-21, AJS-37, A-10C II, F-5E, AH-64D, UH-1H, Ka-50 BS2/BS3, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P, SA342, Spitfire, P-47D, BF-109K, Mosquito
Tech Pack: WWII Assets
Terrain: Syria, Sinai, NTTR

14 hours ago, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

Waiting for the screen shot of the radar screen.

https://twitter.com/HBSimulations/status/1667208929527382018

Edited by ThorBrasil
  • Like 3

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Remember, there's an unknown DLC listed under DCS on Steam, but I have doubts that it could be the F-4. If there are slots that goes to only one module each quarter, we got one filled for 3rd or potentially the 4th quarter.
Have they listed the CH-47 yet? I'd be surprised if we don't get it right before Christmas for some reason.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Quick question: What can't the pilot do without the RIO in this variant of the F-4?
Radar for starters?

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

Radar for starters?

Yes, and what else exactly? For example, I really appreciate the F-15E because it's possible to do nearly everything without a WSO ( even though I understand it is completely unrealistic to fly without one ), radar included. At the other end of the spectrum, at least for me, is the F-14. I really don't like Jester and yet have to use him for many things. I wonder where would the F-4 fall between the F-15E and F-14 when it comes to pilot 'independence' so to speak.

Pentium II 233Mhz | 16MB RAM | 14.4kb Modem | 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive | Windows 3.1 with TM Warthog & TrackIR 5

Let's assume that ED only publishes only monthly (ref. Normandy 2, Sinai, F-15E), even if there is something in the pipeline, say F-4U, F-4E, Kola, CH-47, etc (Disclaimer: I have no insider information whatsoever, but I just pick what I thought would be available "soon", and the list here is very likely to be wrong) So, there ain't much time slot to post new product in the remainder of year 2023. Of course, once again, I can be very wrong. Just for your thoughts.

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

48 minutes ago, eFirehawk said:

Yes, and what else exactly? For example, I really appreciate the F-15E because it's possible to do nearly everything without a WSO ( even though I understand it is completely unrealistic to fly without one ), radar included. At the other end of the spectrum, at least for me, is the F-14. I really don't like Jester and yet have to use him for many things. I wonder where would the F-4 fall between the F-15E and F-14 when it comes to pilot 'independence' so to speak.

You can expect the F-4E to be more like the F-14 when it comes to pilot independence, the only notable differences I can think of is unlike the Tomcat, AG weapons selection and settings (i.e quantity, interval, fusing etc) and the countermeasures programmer is in the front as opposed to the back.

As far as other things the WSO is responsible for: the navigation systems (though note that the pilot has a control panel for at least the TACAN and VOR/ILS), targeting pod and data input for the ballistic computer used for bombing are some notable examples. Though note that the pilot can employ AGM-65 from the front seat and the AGM-45 is employed from the front seat.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I would imagine it would fall outside, not in between as it's an older airframe that predates the F-14.

2 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Have they listed the CH-47 yet? I'd be surprised if we don't get it right before Christmas for some reason.

We've seen the CH-47 a grand total of once during it's announcement at the beginning of the year and only recently Wags confirmed they are actually doing the F model, how could it possibly be ready for this Christmas?  I'd be very surprised if that released before the F-4E.  I do think the module probably isn't the Phantom though given HB hasn't done their unveiling yet.

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula