SnapViews - View angle reset

_SteelFalcon_

5 minutes ago, USSR_Rik said:

Gentlemen, let's compare our ways to save-restore user Snap Views

the problem is not with Snapviews, but rather with the default view, where it is not being applied at the start of the flight, instead the sim starts with a much wider fov and the normal zoom key is not working. If i then press right ctrl + num0 twice, followed by num enter (zoom normal), I get then my usual default view.

• Like 4

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• ED Team

Understand. But let's separate 2 issues:

1. User SnapViews doesn't saved between DCS restarts - here I see user error (incorrect save procedure)

2. Default view issues (wrong initial FOV, zoom keys doesn't work). Combo {RCtrl + Num0} called 'View on cockpit gauges'. In order to get default view you have to press Num5 (Center View) and NumEnter (default FOV). You can set desired initial (default) view using described above procedure. Isn't it?

• Like 1

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

@USSR_Rik

Old behavior:

1. Launch any mission in any aircraft

2. In the default cockpit view, change the zoom level

3. Press and release combo {RAlt + Num0} -> the camera orientation and zoom level are saved

4. Restart DCS and launch any mission with the same aircraft

5. Press Num Enter - the zoom level is restored back to the saved value

New behavior since DCS 2.8.8.43489 Open Beta:

1. Launch any mission in any aircraft

2. In the default cockpit view, change the zoom level

3. Press and release combo {RAlt + Num0} -> the camera orientation and zoom level are saved

4. Restart DCS and launch any mission with the same aircraft

5. Press Num Enter - the zoom level is not restored back to the saved value

Current workaround:

1. Press Right Ctrl + Num 0 twice

2. Press Num Enter -> the saved zoom level is restored

Suggestion for additional improvement beyond fixing the bug:

- Automatically apply the zoom level stored for the default view after spawning

- This would remove the need for the player to press Num Enter each time after spawning

Edited by bwRavencl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ControllerBuddy - A highly advanced game controller mapping software (for flight simulators)

2 hours ago, USSR_Rik said:

2. Default view issues (wrong initial FOV, zoom keys doesn't work). Combo {RCtrl + Num0} called 'View on cockpit gauges'. In order to get default view you have to press Num5 (Center View) and NumEnter (default FOV). You can set desired initial (default) view using described above procedure. Isn't it?

I have had my default view set since the F-15E came out, with a Fov of 105º. I updated DCS last wendsday and the problem appeared right away, the aircraft starts with a 137º fov and NumEnter does not fix it. Only RCtrl+Numpad 0 pressed twice fixes this and allows Numpad Enter to set the fov to the correct 105º. Here I have a short video showing the issue:

My othr snapviews function correctly.

The test was done with no user Mods and the MT version of DCS. I'm attaching a track file of the video and my dcs.ini

F-15E - Test default FOV.trk dcs.log

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• ED Team

bwRavencl

You missed very important step No.1 - BEFORE set (tune) and save desired view you HAVE TO press-release combo which will be assigned for that view.

See my post here: 

In your case (default view adjustment and saving): press-release button {NumENTER}. Tune view as you want. Press-release {RCtrl + Num0}.

That's all, you can use this view right now (changes saved in RAM during mission run and copied to the Saved Games after mission end) as well as after DCS restart. You can also watch file 'Saved Games\DCS OB\Config\View\SnapViews.lua' it will changed after exit from mission. 

Described above procedure was programmet a lot of years ago and didn't changed. It works. Unfortunately, I don't see it in FAQ (but RU version) or manuals, will be fixed by out translators and Technical Support Team.

• Like 1

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

@USSR_Rik

I am NOT having any issues with SAVING the adjusted view - this is still working fine, as it always has been.

I modified my FOVs a long time ago and I checked that SnapViews.lua still contains  my custom FOV values - they are there.

Before reporting this, I even deleted the file and then set the FOVs up again, and then checked the file again, because I assumed that the file format may have changed.

The issue we have is that the stored FOV for the default view is NOT LOADED anymore automatically from SnapViews.lua since Update 2.8.8.43489.

What I found out however is that pressing { Right Ctrl + Num 0 } triggers the loading and after that everything is working as expected - but this is only a workaround and not how it was working before Update 2.8.8.43489.

• Like 6

ControllerBuddy - A highly advanced game controller mapping software (for flight simulators)

I have exactly the same problem as bwRavencl!
Did a test just now with the OB update that just got released (2.8.8.43704) and the issue is still there!

I even backed up my SnapViews.lua (that has worked for over two years now) and deleted it to make DCS create a fresh one.
DCS saves the FOV value of the DefaultView but DCS does NOT load that value even when quitting the mission and DCS.
This even happens when switching slots of the same module in a single- or multiplayer mission. (e.g. in the same "game session")

What I did in the past to set my default view:
- Pause TrackIR
- Zoom Normal (NumEnter)
- Set up preferred Zoom/FOV and "Cockpit Camera Move" Positions
- Save Cockpit Angles (RAlt + Num0)

And that's all I needed to do for the past two years
This method stopped working correctly with Open Beta 2.8.8.43489

How it looked for the past two years:

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2023.08.16 - 18.31.26.82 - hornet cockpit view position.png

What I get now when joining a mission:

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2023.08.22 - 17.01.01.84.png

And the workaround is pressing the mentioned "Cockpit Panel View" (RCtrl + Num0) twice followed by "Zoom Normal" to make DCS load the default view in the SnapView file.

Edited by boerdi
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, SMH said:

Yes, we have a work-around, but most customers won't be aware of it.

Most customers don't customize their initial FOV, so most likely they don't encounter this issue. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Most customers don't customize their initial FOV, so most likely they don't encounter this issue. 

Sorry. If you're arguing that we should be punished because other people aren't that bright, I'm not with you. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SMH said:

Sorry. If you're arguing that we should be punished because other people aren't that bright, I'm not with you. 

i never customized my view before. still my 190d default view got porked.  post last patch went from 100 to 119 degrees, other ww2 birds stayed at 100

Edited by bighead
  • Like 2

TM Warthog MFG TIR5 GT Omega Pro/ButKickerx1/WheelStandPro Playseat/ButKickerx2

• ED Team

Guys, please - who have issues with initial (default) view - do you use any special monitor configuration in DCS? I.e. additional monitors setup. If yes - please attach here your monitor config lua file

• Like 1

G.K. Chesterton

19 minutes ago, USSR_Rik said:

who have issues with initial (default) view - do you use any special monitor configuration in DCS?

no, I use a single monitor, at 3440 x 1440.

• ED Team

Is this native resolutions for your monitors? 

G.K. Chesterton

3440x1440, native resolution

for perspective, this is what i spawn in with:

Screen_230823_123557.jpg

Pressing num Enter doesn't do anything at all. For demo purposes, i saved this cockpit angle:

[13] = {--default view
        viewAngle        = 139.307022,--FOV
        hAngle            = 0.000000,
        vAngle            = -11.868116,
        x_trans            = 0.078730,
        y_trans            = 0.088201,
        z_trans            = 0.000000,
        rollAngle        = 0.000000,
        cockpit_version    = 0,

Now my original snapview viewangle would be this, and i used to get there by pressing num+enter

image.jpeg

[13] = {--default view
        viewAngle        = 109.334396,--FOV
        hAngle            = 0.000000,
        vAngle            = -11.868116,
        x_trans            = 0.078730,
        y_trans            = 0.088201,
        z_trans            = 0.000000,
        rollAngle        = 0.000000,
        cockpit_version    = 0,

Edited by _SteelFalcon_

• ED Team

Thanks.

G.K. Chesterton

1 hour ago, USSR_Rik said:

Is this native resolutions for your monitors? 

Yes, 3440x1440 @ 75 Hz

2 hours ago, USSR_Rik said:

Guys, please - who have issues with initial (default) view - do you use any special monitor configuration in DCS? I.e. additional monitors setup. If yes - please attach here your monitor config lua file

Everybody has always had issues with the initial view because it's never automatically spawned with the desired default zoom value without needing to hit NumEnter first to recall the value saved in the SnapViews.lua. Most of us have learned to hit NumEnter reflexively on spawning in as of course that's the zoom value we want. That was annoying, but tolerable and, again, we're all used to having to do it at this point.

But now, not even that works unless you use one of the work-arounds described above. (RCtrl+Num0 twice to go into and back out of panel view. Then it will work as before. Or switching seats in multi-position aircraft will allow it to work as well when you return to the main pilot seat.)

Everyone has been very clear about this in this thread. If you have trouble understanding English then someone else should be communicating with the customers because you don't seem to be understanding, and your responses are near indecipherable to us as well and seem to be placing blame on the customers.

Edited by SMH
  • Like 5