DCS Authorization Failed - 400?

HC_Official

Same here. I got second Authorization failed code 400 this day. Restarting DCS solved problem nicely.

Edited by Flia

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

7 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Probably you have a Module's wallpaper enabled, so if you can't get authorization to use that Module, your wallpaper returns to the default.  I employ a USER wallpaper, so I didn't experience this issue.

I do, makes sense now you pointed it out. 😉

7 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

This seems to be a DCS authorization server issue, so a re-install, or dcs repair on your part will not solve this. Just exit DCS and try again until it gets the authorization.

Right oh, cheers.

• ED Team

Our server is showing no issues, we suspect it is routing issues outside of our control. 

Please do a tracert to www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ 

and PM me the results. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Pmed

I have 3 server instances, I restart the servers every morning,  two of them correctly logged in and started up , the third ones failed to login correctly ... weird stuff

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

• ED Team

Thanks passed to admin. We will continue to investigate but so far we are not seeing any issue our end. 

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Another one here that was experiencing those issues. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Sometimes I just need to restart DCS and it works. 

When it does work the 'logging in...' seems to take a while sometimes too, not quick like usual. Will send PM with tracert.

Edited by Dangerzone
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Thanks passed to admin. We will continue to investigate but so far we are not seeing any issue our end. 

I just had the same issue.  Game booted fine went into OVGME to disable mods so i could play in pure client MP.  Closed DCS.  Restarted DCS and got Error 400 with all of my modules disabled.  Closed DCS and did a slow repair.  Restarted DCS...same error.

System:  Ryzen 5900X, Asus ROG Dark Hero MB, EVGA 3080 FTW, 64mb DDR4 3600hz

Controllers: Winwing Super Libra, Taurus, TO and Combat Panels, MFG Crosswind Pedals

Played: Falcon Allied Force, Falcon 4.0, Aces High, all the MS Combat Flight Simulators, Fleet Defender, F15 Strike Eagle (Commodore 64)🤣

I've also faced 400 auth error today and yesterday , two or three times per one day (perhaps 20 or more times per day DCS.exe is executed by me).

For me and my DCS environment, repair is not needed to solve that 400 error.
Only wait some minutes.
After it, executing DCS.exe without any other operations, DCS starts normally with correctly passed online user auth and all purchase modules available.

Serious problem of 400 error is --- it prohibits switching to Offline mode.
I cannot use any purchase modules (aircrafts or terrains) even in three days offline limits.

Modules: A-10C/II, F-5E, F-14A/B, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, FC3, Ka-50-2/3, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, Mi-24P, AH-64D, P-51D
Maps: Nevada, PG, Syria, SA, Sinai, Channel, Normandy2.0      Assets etc.: CA, Sc, WW2AP
Mods and Skins in User Files: files/filter/user-is-western0221/ 

Screen_221018_005618c.jpg

Either we are all experiencing network issues (the customers)  ...................... or ED master server is a bit flakey

^ Which has the highest probability of being the reason for our woes ?

• Like 1

No more pre-orders

• ED Team
18 minutes ago, HC_Official said:

Either we are all experiencing network issues (the customers)  ...................... or ED master server is a bit flakey

As mentioned our server is reporting no issues. 

We have seen routing issues all weekend however ( outside of our control), the team are aware, I have shared the tracert's with the team that people have sent to me. 

Only solution at the moment is to reboot dcs or reboot the pc. Refreshing DNS or using a VPN has also helped others. 

thanks

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HC_Official said:

Have ever hear of DNS propagation issues?  It is perfectly possible that it is not ED servers or us...  And, just because an event has a low probability of happening doesn't means that it won't happen as statistically unlikely as it might seems ... Ask all the lottery winners about it 😄 

I'm using Google DNS. I experienced the issue briefly yesterday morning. Went away on its own. So, you might switch your DNS to 8.8.8.8 or even 1.1.1.1 (I have not tried that one...) from your ISP provided one, as an alternative as the provided by Bignewy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

weird how 2 of my servers were able to log in correctly and then 40 seconds later the third server could not and gave 400 HTTP response

So this would mean some DNS propagation issue then I guess @Draken35 ?

1.1.1.1 is what I already use, with 8.8.8.8 as backup

Edited by HC_Official

No more pre-orders

it  happened again 48 minutes ago @BIGNEWY  does 400 mean i could not route traffic to the master server to login ?

ping www.digitalcombatsimulator.com

Pinging digitalcombatsimulator.com [93.115.211.146] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 93.115.211.146: bytes=32 time=50ms TTL=50
Reply from 93.115.211.146: bytes=32 time=45ms TTL=50
Reply from 93.115.211.146: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=50
Reply from 93.115.211.146: bytes=32 time=44ms TTL=50

Iam no network expert but it kinda looks like i am able to send data to the master server (tracert also worked fine)

image.png

Edited by HC_Official

No more pre-orders

19 minutes ago, HC_Official said:

it  happened again 48 minutes ago @BIGNEWY  does 400 mean i could not route traffic to the master server to login ?

ping www.digitalcombatsimulator.com

Pinging digitalcombatsimulator.com [93.115.211.146] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 93.115.211.146: bytes=32 time=50ms TTL=50
Reply from 93.115.211.146: bytes=32 time=45ms TTL=50
Reply from 93.115.211.146: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=50
Reply from 93.115.211.146: bytes=32 time=44ms TTL=50

Iam no network expert but it kinda looks like i am able to send data to the master server (tracert also worked fine)

image.png

I wouldn't class myself as being an expert either (although I have designed numerous TCP and UDP functions within my career, but normally not 'web' service related...)

My understanding is that a 400 error means that the server is responding with a 400 error. (So that the request is reaching the server, but the server is erroring out with an 'unknown' error). I would expect a timeout error or similar if routing was broken. 

However, I also note that the 400 above may not be coming back from the server. It may be an internal error code within dcs.exe that is raised if it runs into problems itself. So, the above message doesn't definitively specify whether Error code 400 is being received by the server, or whether DCS just has an internal error they've called error code "400". 

The 'No saved authorization found' is also vague. Does that mean 'locally saved' authorization cache, or is it at the server's end where it is unable to find any locally cached authentication on it's end, and has been unable to send the request further upstream?

Either way - I notice when I get this error, it errors out first time, maybe even second, but will go through on the 3rd, without me flushing DNS servers, etc - which has me thinking it may not be a routing issue (as I would expect the same route to be taken each time to the end IP address, which the DNS entry would be cached on my PC or router after the first attempt) but something else might be going on, either with the actual client/server protocols, or something at the server end. 

The other question I have is that (and it might be - and most probably is) coincidence, but I turned on 2FA on my account with DCS over the weekend and now have started to see this error. My understanding of 2FA says that it shouldn't be a factor for the above, but my limited understanding of the full extend on how ED authenticates accounts tells me that I need to not assume quickly. 

Thus, my question is - is there anyone here that is getting the above errors that is NOT running 2FA? If so, we can rule that out. If not, and everyone getting the error is running 2FA, maybe it's worth disabling that just to see if it's a factor. 

• Like 2

I am not running 2FA as this is a dedicated server install trying to log in

It would be good if ED shared some basic info , like does the dedicated server try to login once only and then gives up, or does it retry before throwing errors

Edited by HC_Official
  • Thanks 1

No more pre-orders

• ED Team

Please contact technical support here 
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/
or email support@digitalcombatsimulator.com

The guide below will help you provide the data needed.
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/support_ticket/

Please include your tracert www.digitalcombatsimulator.com

Thank you
Eagle Dynamics

54 minutes ago, HC_Official said:

I am not running 2FA as this is a dedicated server install trying to log in

It would be good if ED shared some basic info , like does the dedicated server try to login once only and then gives up, or does it retry before throwing errors

Wonderful. Thanks for putting that in incorrect hypothesis to bed so quickly. 👍😉