Can't run bin-mt/dcs.exe after OpenBeta Server Update

hoggles
Go to solution Solved by hoggles,

I'm getting the attached error after updating my server to 2.9. I'm not sure if this is an issue because I have been updating an older install? I never reinstalled the server with the modular server installer, is that a problem?

image.png

Edited by hoggles

I have the same issue - did the full cleanup and repair.

I think that the problem is that I run a dedicated server without any GUI-option and that type of install doesn't have the bin-mt-folder that DCS tries to access in DCS 2.9.

No luck. Tried the slow repair, also.

Not sure why the dcs_updater.exe is pointing to the bin-mt folder to begin with. Running the dcs.exe shows a splash screen and then closes.

Getting this in the logs:

2023-10-19 16:49:25.160 INFO    GRAPHICSVISTA (Main): renderer: 'dx11backend.dll'
2023-10-19 16:49:25.160 ERROR   GRAPHICSVISTA (Main): Can't load render backend 'dx11backend.dll'. Reason: The specified module could not be found.

Read the DCS Discord channel for server admins, and it seems you need to manually make a shortcut to bin/dcs.exe with "--server --norender", for now

So, for example:

"C:\Games\DCS World OpenBeta Server\bin\DCS.exe" --server --norender

Edited by hoggles
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, hoggles said:

Read the DCS Discord channel for server admins, and it seems you need to manually make a shortcut to bin/dcs.exe with "--server --norender", for now

So, for example:

"C:\Games\DCS World OpenBeta Server\bin\DCS.exe" --server --norender

Thank you! That did the trick

• Thanks 1

• ED Team

can you confirm you are using the older non modular server? if so we have reported an issue. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

yes, older non-modular server.  Not sure if this helps, but my autoupdate.cfg was this:

{
 "WARNING": "DO NOT EDIT this file. You may break your install!",
 "branch": "openbeta",
 "version": "2.9.0.46801",
 "timestamp": "20231019-115244",
 "arch": "x86_64",
 "lang": "EN",
 "modules": [
  "DEDICATED_SERVER",
  "MARIANAISLANDS_terrain",
  "SINAIMAP_terrain",
  "FALKLANDS_terrain"
 ],
 "launch": "bin-mt/DCS.exe",
 "launch_args": [
  "--norender",
  "--server"
 ],
 "no_auto_inject": true
}

I did notice (even though it warns against modifying the file), if you can change the line `"launch": "bin-mt/DCS.exe",` to `"launch": "bin/DCS.exe"` and it will work with the updater again.

Edited by hoggles
  • Thanks 1

I tried downloading the update and my whole install got messed up. I could not get repair to work either. Not sure if it was pointed to the wrong directory. I deleted everything and now I just want to reinstall DCS from scratch, but I can't figure how. Can someone tell me what I need to download, so I can reinstall and get 2.9 up and running with Multi-treading turned on. 

Will not let me install on D drive either. When I tried to get it to install on D drive I get 433 error.

Edited by Checkmate

Is their a dedicated server patched for 2.9? On every server I tried last night everything in the server was ghosting, was unplayable. Thought it was DLSS at first, so when back to MSAA and it was still doing it. Guys walking on the Carrier were even ghosting.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 10/19/2023 at 8:56 PM, BIGNEWY said:

can you confirm you are using the older non modular server? if so we have reported an issue. 

thank you

Please, what is the "modular server"?

Thank you

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• ED Team
45 minutes ago, Captain Orso said:

Please, what is the "modular server"?

Thank you

new dedicated modular server 

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/server/

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2