Lighting Problem

rwbishUP

yeah, I can't get it to show up on Caucasus map neither, weird. It's been a while since I did a cleanup, so I disabled all mods and did a remove/repair from powershell and generated a new user folder, only putting liveries back in it, and it seems to be hiding for now. But I'm glad @Mainstay & @Flappie were able to repro and report, cause I'm sure it something deeper than a repair.

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

I have the flickering as well over Sinai, nowhere else.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

13 hours ago, Agent_Scarn said:

I have the white flashing screen problem too.

It's on all the maps and it is more evident during night missions.

Here is a short video.

00:19

00:51

01:15

Yes, this is exactly what we've been experiencing? Do you maybe have a track of this mission?

On 10/20/2023 at 12:19 PM, Mainstay said:

@Flappie Alright i found out whats causing the sky colors and the black flickering screens to happen.

I ran the same mission and settings over and over again now.

Scenario 1

F-16 cold and dark

Loadout 6xAGM-65D 2xGBU12 2xAIM9 2xAIM120 1xTGP

Startup aircraft - no problem ✅

Turning on TGP and show on MFD - no problem ✅

Turning on AGM-65D and show on MFD - Sky color goes weird and black flickering starts ❌

Scenario 2

F-16 cold and dark

Loadout 6xAGM-65H 2xGBU12 2xAIM9 2xAIM120 1xTGP

Turning on AGM-65H and show on MFD  - no problem ✅

Scenario 3

F-16 cold and dark

Loadout 3xAGM-65H 3xAGM-65D 2xGBU12 2xAIM9 2xAIM120 1xTGP

Turning on AGM-65H and show on MFD  - no problem ✅

Turning on AGM-65D and show on MFD -  Sky color goes weird and black flickering starts ❌

So there lies your problem right now, something is very wrong with the displaying of the AGM-65D sensor camera.

It not only causes the sky colors to go corrupted but in my case also cause black flickering all over the screen.

Sensor camera and new lightning / shadow technique maybe buggy? something to investigate and hotfix i hope.

At least i can play for now with MAV H models without going insane.

@Flappie After latest patch the above problem is still present. Same mission, same test methods.

g8PjVMw.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Drivers and Developers,

Since the update to 2.9 on open beta, I would go into multiplayer servers and every now and then…I would get these blinding flashes on screen with the dimming effect on the lights and sunsets/rises. It is very annoying and it’s difficult to get a screen shot of this phenomenon. I did get an external shot of the aircraft I was flying last night 0.5 seconds after the big flashes, and it lights up the aircraft a haunting green.

What could this be?

- Toffee

Screen_231111_223315.jpg

Screen_231111_223323.jpg

Screen_231111_224218.jpg

Edited by SGT Toffee
Added Screenshots

I've had the white flash a couple of times too, but only with the Apache on Caucasus, and only in a specific region of the map. Track file was from one or two updates ago so I no longer have it, but I did get screengrabs of the flash frame and normal frame after (second picture is normal lighting). The shadows shift and/or disappear as if there's a second sun appearing somewhere for a split second.

Gea8HBY.png

8ozob0O.png

aoAmd6G.png

yGm4eCW.png

Edited by Nealius

• 4 weeks later...