DCS 2.9 AH-64 ATT Hold Not Working

AndreNL
Go to solution Solved by AndreNL,

1 minute ago, AndreNL said:

Since yesterday's update we have added a bug. If I fly around 100 knots and activate attitude hold, the ah64 banks seriously to the right

I think this is already in the "Known Issues" part of the update and is scheduled for hotfix, if I understand it right.

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

A track with a helicopter is virtually unusable. The force trim throws the track so far off that upon replay I rarely get out of the airport without the helicopter crashing. As this is my first post in this forum, I appreciate the heads up. I can capture a video to show the problem. Would that help?

I see in a post by BigNewy that this is reported and planned for hotfix so you're good re: no trackfile on this one 🙂.  I haven't tried it, but supposedly 2.9 has improved track replay so it might be better now (not sure if this would be true with force trim in a helo or not).

Generally a track is desired by ED since that makes sure they are using the same settings and making the same inputs as you are.  That cuts out trying to recreate something that some weird combination of settings in the aircraft causes to create the issue.  And as I understand it the devs have different software that they run the trackfiles through to analyze what's going on too, so that's why they want one.

• Like 1

Was flying again and the ATT problem was back. I was running the same mission from the same airport, etc. when it worked fine (per my previous post). This time, I made a live video of the flight plus saved the track. I am uploading the video to my YouTube account (private, with link only) at (may be a minute to complete rendering):

ATT Hold AH-64 Problems.trk

• Like 4

2 hours ago, FalcoGer said:

I've found when trying to set autohover, the aircraft will bank too much to arrest the tiniest movement and overshoot. This repeats 3 or 4 times before it eventually comes to a hover. The PID needs tuning.

I agree - sometimes im like, ill not go into hover hold cos i got it just nice - I find the tail will drop and we roll right - looks messy

Also getting a slow left right of the nose when flying straight and level - i can see the Green bar in controls for rudder moving left right - i trim to it and it wants more until im hard on the right pedal

Also without moving/touching the collective once its nice and level - it will just start to climb or descend randomly for no "apparent" reason, (no other inputs)

Have experienced the right roll and yaw as per hotfix also

last thing i dont like is when you press force trim to sweeten the hover or heading etc - it does a little nose down right move

Ahh and pedal turns seem to need a little more push than id expect to overcome the autoheading hold

It is very much closer to what i would "Expect" on the difficulty and not wanting to kill you so much level. (but what do i know)

Keep tweaking ED

hello, i face to the same problem. ATT Hold not holding Attitude at all.

• Like 3

Win10-64 / MAG Z-790 Tomahawk Wifi / Intel i7-13700 KF / MSI MAG Coreliquid 360R V2 / MSI RTX-4080 SuprimX / Kingston SK Hynix 64Go DDR5-6400-C32 / 1*Nvme Crucial CT2000P3 2.0Tb / 5*SSD Samsung 860QVO 1Tb / 3*Samsung S27E330 Monitors / HP-Reverb G2 / Track-Ir 5 / Thrustmaster: Warthog Throttle + Warthog Stick + F/A-18 Stick + T.Flight Rudders / Home Cinema LG HT503TH / Home-Cockpit F/A-18C (currently only right console, others being build) / Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ as a Flypad and Sim control

I'm guessing this 'region' of the attitude hold model wasn't fixed in the last update. I'm still experiencing oscillations after engaging att hold having entered in a steady hover. 

Whether it 'holds' or not seems intermittent.

Will check control bindings again, but it was working very well until 2.9 dropped.

Same here: perfectly trimmed and still, after I enable the ATT HOLD the Apache starts moving sideways. On the positive side, if you're lucky and don't fly into a tree or a building, the hover becomes rock solid after a few seconds. 
Similar issues occur while flying: 90kts in an aerodynamic trim with no alt oscillations, I enable ATT HOLD and watch my nose plummet to the ground within 10 seconds...

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yup. same here

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Ok. So 2 seperate PCs both running latest update, but with different controllers.....same effect. 

I agree - it does eventually stabilise (some of the time) but it's a wild ride getting there.

Definitely no where near as pilot friendly since 2.9 dropped. I recall someone mentioned Wags was aware that the Att hold was a bit squirrelly. I thought the fix in the update was covering this. 

There's another thread referring to  issues at other speed ranges - suggested as fixed?

No, its still a wild ride! I have patiently trimmed her out to the point where it was just about holding steady as a rock, then engaged ATT,,,, sit back and enjoyed the ride LOL.. sometimes I would have to disengage because it would just about crash, sometimes, it would settle out.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Deterioration of ATT-H performance in version 2.9 compared to the previous version (2.8) is related to the development and implementation of a mechanism for realistic speed data acquisition, i.e. the "connection" of new sensors that can give errors in determining values (closer to reality).
Since 2.9 was made as a "mould" from the current state of the working version, we didn't keep track of the "working" materials and under-tested things got in there. Sorry. 
PS and yes, ATT-H is now turning on, but there are a few roll/tilt oscillations immediately after turning on, and then SCAS takes over). Maybe not always "takes over", but usually yes.

ZAR_Magadan

I tried the ATT mode yesterday and also noticed that the correction did not bring any improvement.

Edited by [RENEGADES] T-Bone

Specs: R7 3800X, 32Gb 3600Mhz, RTX 2070 S, M2 SSd 970 Pro

Equipment: microHELIS Bell 206 Pedale + Toe-Brakes, microHELIS OH-58D Collective, microHELIS OH-58D Cyclic, Realteus Forcefeel, TrackIR 5

On 10/28/2023 at 12:56 PM, Vital061270 said:

Deterioration of ATT-H performance in version 2.9 compared to the previous version (2.8) is related to the development and implementation of a mechanism for realistic speed data acquisition, i.e. the "connection" of new sensors that can give errors in determining values (closer to reality).
Since 2.9 was made as a "mould" from the current state of the working version, we didn't keep track of the "working" materials and under-tested things got in there. Sorry. 
PS and yes, ATT-H is now turning on, but there are a few roll/tilt oscillations immediately after turning on, and then SCAS takes over). Maybe not always "takes over", but usually yes.

Thanks for the detailed response. I understand it must be beyond complicated.

Keep hammeting away....