Update 2.9 with DLSS is game changing for me

dresoccer4

With my RTX3090 on an ultrawide monitor (and 10900k), I'm able to run at 80+fps with graphics maxed out on some of the most demanding sceneries and areas, whereas before I would dip down into the 40's sometimes. This is all the while looking MUCH better than any of the demanding AA options. 

Bravo ED!

• Like 1

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

15 minutes ago, amigastar said:

Yeah, DLSS is basically free FPS performance for your graphics card.

With Multithreading its really a gamechanger.

is true multithreading implemented now as well?

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

38 minutes ago, dresoccer4 said:

is true multithreading implemented now as well?

What do you mean with true? Afaik the distribution of tasks and amount of cores used haven’t changed. Meaning, they‘re taking advantage of some cores but not necessarily of all if you have a lot of them. Nothing „un-true“ about it though.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

8 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

With my RTX3090 on an ultrawide monitor (and 10900k), I'm able to run at 80+fps with graphics maxed out on some of the most demanding sceneries and areas, whereas before I would dip down into the 40's sometimes. This is all the while looking MUCH better than any of the demanding AA options. 

Bravo ED!

i agree. all i did is was install the patch and left all the settings in DCS alone. my first flight was sweet. i really got the impression that all the colors performance was great. to be honest i have always had a good performing system without any fps issues or stuttering. the 2.9 just seems better. a lot of little things were improved.

Windows 10 Pro
3.50 Ghz Intel 11th Gen Core i9-11900KF
Multi-core (8 total)
Hyper-threaded (16 total)
128 GB Memory
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
Dell AW3420DW Monitor

good job ED. you peeps made many people happy.

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

1 minute ago, Decibel dB said:

I can't select DLSS on my end. It's grey out

make sure to employ the Multi-Threaded version of DCS, as DLSS isn’t supported on ST.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

22 minutes ago, Decibel dB said:

I am on beta 2.9.0.46801 is that the one?

Back on March, ED introduced a multi-threading version of DCS (which traditionally only could use two cores of your CPU: one for sound and the other for everything else), since then every DCS Openbeta has included two .exe files, one for the traditional ST (single thread), and another for MT (multithread). Here is more info:

This new graphics feature, DLSS, is available only on MT ... it seems clear that on the future all new DCS technologies will be made on that version only, as it is clearly uneconomical to develop two versions of each ... ST will in time disappear and MT will be the standard.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

37 minutes ago, Decibel dB said:

I am on beta 2.9.0.46801 is that the one?

It is but where i find dlaa? NVDIA control panel?

You might be running the ST version thinking it's MT.
To be sure just check the bottom right of the menu screen. If there is just the version number (2.9.0.46801 in this case) you're running ST.
The MT version has Multi Thread Preview in front of the version number. Then you should be able to select DLAA under the Anti-Aliasing options.

image.png

image.png

58 minutes ago, schurem said:

Also update your nvidia driver to latest, turn of dlaa.

Not needed, i'm still running 516.94 and have all the options available (BTW, latest nVidia driver 545.xx causes a bit of stutter in my setup).

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

11 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Back on March, ED introduced a multi-threading version of DCS (which traditionally only could use two cores of your CPU: one for sound and the other for everything else), since then every DCS Openbeta has included two .exe files, one for the traditional ST (single thread), and another for MT (multithread). Here is more info:

This new graphics feature, DLSS, is available only on MT ... it seems clear that on the future all new DCS technologies will be made on that version only, as it is clearly uneconomical to develop two versions of each ... ST will in time disappear and MT will be the standard.

That it Thanks guys

To find out if you are on the MT version
There are 2 things that must be noted.
1°/ on the home page when you have launched DCS i must be mentioned at the bottom right!
MULTI THREAD PREWIEW 2.9.0.46801
2° in the DLSS and DLAA settings must not be grayed out
if you have its 2 Criteria it is that it is the MT version

Because MT and ST have the same version number

• Like 1