New S-3B disregarding statics

Tusky

Hi all!

After the latest patch, the new S-3B Viking (great model!) assigned to the carrier spawns on top of statics.

Attached you can also see where it previously spawned in comparison to where it spawns now.

Hope this can be fixed! 🙂

Thank you!

Screen_231028_130241.jpg

Screen_231028_130248.jpg

Edited by Tusky
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/28/2023 at 10:21 AM, Tusky said:

And here is when the S-3B is set to takeoff right from the runway/catapult along with an E-2D. As you can see the S-3B is superimposed to the E-2D... 🤨

Screen_231028_181921.jpg

I have this same issue and only with the S-3B.  All other aircraft spawn on separate catapults.  If setting two S-3B to "Takeoff from Runway" they both spawn superimposed on Cat 1.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Since i like to place the nice new Viking on my flightdecks, I noticed that they like to appear on parking slots that are blocked by static aircraft. As far as  know, only the new S-3 does that. See attached screenshot. 

Screen_231121_101827.jpg

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

I reported the same thing, according to Flappie, it's a confirmed bug and will be fixed.

• Thanks 1

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like a new release of OB DCS 2.9 as of yesterday.  The changelog mentions a number of changes to the S-3, but I did not see whether this issue was addressed.  Has anyone had any luck?  I'm having the same issue but am reluctant to download a new version so soon after its release.

image.png

F-18C/F-14/P-51/F-86 Pico4/Quest2 VR with Intel Core i9 3.0GHZ 24 -Core, 16GB, GeForce RTX 4070 ti

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2023 at 8:58 AM, norman99 said:

Apologies for being off topic, but how did you get the A-6 to work as a static in 2.9? When I try, the model doesn't appear, either in the ME or in game.

You'll need to re-download the EA-6B from VSN and just have it overwrite the original files in your save games folder. Link for latest download is in the 4th post up from the bottom here:

VSN EA-6B

• 1 month later...