Mission 1 Cannot hear lead

samsi

Just bought the campaign and when I try mission 1, turn on battery, inverter, and UHF, I get the ATIS as default. I my player responds to stuff from lead, but I can't hear him. Even if I start the APU and tune into 33 FM, I still cannot hear him. Just that ATIS. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm getting the same today. (I went through the campaign a couple of months ago and it was fine, so I guess it's to do with the changes on Comms with the latest Open Beta update). I'll try again later and see if I can find out what's going on. 

Update - I went and tried again, and I'm still getting nothing. Just not hearing lead. Radios definitely on and correct. As I said, it worked find before and is a great campaign to learn from, so I'm sure someone will come along and help us.

Edited by Dataduffy

@Dataduffy @samsi @mlewis I have fixed it now and made the new version of the mission available for download, so you don't have to wait for the next patch. Also, it will be a good teaser for those who haven't tried the campaign yet. Simply grab the mission here and replace it in your campaign folder. Thanks for the report!

• Like 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hi Baltic, not to hijack this thread for mission 1 but there is a similar issue with Mission 6, the long Manual Reversion AAR sortie. Right around the AAR practice part ( I flew the whole mission, not the smaller portions) BIFF's comms quit coming coming through and didn't return until I was finished the mission and taxiing to park. I would still get the summary and space bar push requests so I was able to interpolate what I was supposed to do but any chatter between him and the player wasn't present.

On 11/20/2023 at 4:44 PM, Gunnar81 said:

Hi Baltic, not to hijack this thread for mission 1 but there is a similar issue with Mission 6, the long Manual Reversion AAR sortie. Right around the AAR practice part ( I flew the whole mission, not the smaller portions) BIFF's comms quit coming coming through and didn't return until I was finished the mission and taxiing to park. I would still get the summary and space bar push requests so I was able to interpolate what I was supposed to do but any chatter between him and the player wasn't present.

This may be related with the new radio system implemented by ED that will be haunting campaigns for quite some time until we're manage to pinpoint the problematic missions and fix them, so thanks for the report. @Highwayman-Ed tagging you here as well. 

Confirmed that this is related to us assigning presets to the radios. The default aircraft frequency for the aircraft radio and Comm 1 (ARC-210 in the A-10C II) are bound.

We’re currently investigating if this is meant to be bound, but for now you can manually tune the ARC-210 to 251MHz and you will hear the missing radio transmissions.

• Like 1

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry but this was not fixed on 11-20. I bought the mission on 11-26 and I get the same issue in mission #1 of only hearing ATIC when I turn on the radio.

I'm sorry @baltic_dragon I should have just checked before bothering you with a comment. I hear you are busy working on something New to sell so I don't want to trouble you with something Old that you've already sold.

So for anyone else that may care: I just installed a fresh copy of the Iron Flag Campaign for the A-10CII today, 12-12-23, and can assure you it is still NOT working.

But hey, it's good to see that this thread, still, somehow, got marked as "fixed" and that this product is still available for purchase. I'll just add this to the pile of broken products I bought from this marketplace and call it par for this course I guess...

@spaceBunny well, thank you for your sarcasm. My priority is to fix bugs and right now I am spending around 70% of my time fixing stuff that used to work but get bugged with every patch of the game, which forces me to revisit old missions and repair them, but with the next update something else gets broken... it is marked as fixed, but you will get the fixed version only when the new patch lands (should be tomorrow). 

Still, just tune in your radio to 251 (the middle one) and all will be fine even in current version. Hope this helps. 

• Like 2

@baltic_dragon you're welcome. I hope you enjoyed my sarcasm as much as I assume you enjoyed taking my money in exchange for a broken product.

I'm not sure what makes you think I will get a new version of your broken product with with an engine update. You said the same thing to other people in this thread...

On 11/20/2023 at 5:27 AM, baltic_dragon said:

@Dataduffy @samsi @mlewis I have fixed it now and made the new version of the mission available for download, so you don't have to wait for the next patch. Also, it will be a good teaser for those who haven't tried the campaign yet. Simply grab the mission here and replace it in your campaign folder. Thanks for the report!

...but we've had a "patch" since then and your product is still NOT fixed

4 hours ago, baltic_dragon said:

it is marked as fixed, but you will get the fixed version only when the new patch lands (should be tomorrow). 

Well, maybe you should un-mark this thread as fixed. Because the issue is NOT fixed. Why not instead wait until "after the next patch" to ensure the issue is fixed before marking this thread as fixed?

Or, if you have such an issue keeping your products working maybe you should just remove them from the marketplace altogether. I mean, because as it stands, you are knowingly selling a broken product to people which is not exactly ethical. But hey, do whatever you want... obviously.

Well, I’ll be happy to refund you for this product since you clearly have no idea how DCS works. Just PM me and I’ll send you back the money because you completely don’t understand how many months of work goes into making a campaign that is worth one pizza - and if you cannot wait one more day for a fix, I’ll happily reimburse you and never hear back from you. 

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, spaceBunny said:

@baltic_dragon you're welcome. I hope you enjoyed my sarcasm as much as I assume you enjoyed taking my money in exchange for a broken product.

I'm not sure what makes you think I will get a new version of your broken product with with an engine update. You said the same thing to other people in this thread...

Well, maybe you should un-mark this thread as fixed. Because the issue is NOT fixed. Why not instead wait until "after the next patch" to ensure the issue is fixed before marking this thread as fixed?

Or, if you have such an issue keeping your products working maybe you should just remove them from the marketplace altogether. I mean, because as it stands, you are knowingly selling a broken product to people which is not exactly ethical. But hey, do whatever you want... obviously.

You seem to have no idea about how module maintenance on DCS works, and that’s fine. But you don’t need to be an asshole about it.  Do you expect mission designers to play through every single mission every time there is an update to DCS. They must rely on people (nicely) bringing it to their attention, then they can fix it, and then it can be released on ED’s scheduled update timeframe. You were given a way to easily continue on with the mission by simply tuning into a radio frequency and that should have been the end of it on your side, until the next update fixes it for everyone. Buy or don’t buy, but Baltic is one of the best mission creators we have. If you don’t like it, make your own campaigns. 

Edited by ricktoberfest
Spelling
  • Like 6

vor einer Stunde schrieb spaceBunny:

I'm afraid that DCS will probably be a disappointment for you in general. Deal with the world and matter of DCS, if you don't understand how DCS develops and don't have the patience for it, you will hardly be happy with it. There is always something somewhere that doesn't work as expected. That's just the way it is in real life

• Like 1

Hardware: Windows 11 64Bit, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Pro Wifi II, 64 GB Ram 3600 MHz DDR4, TUF RTX 4080 OC, M.2 SSD ADATA SX8200 2TB, Meta Quest 2, ASUS TUF VG279QM Monitor, TM HOTAS Warthog , VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base mit TM Hornet Stick und Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedalen.

Deutscher Guide zu: Mirage 2000C, MiG-21bis, F5 Tiger II, Mi-8MTV2, F-14B Tomcat, AJS-37 Viggen und Fulgabwehrsysteme

2 hours ago, spaceBunny said:

Is this your first time using DCS, campaigns are extremely complicated and sometimes new features such as the radio upgrade that we got a few months ago will break things.    

Its been confirmed above that it’s a bug, that it has been fixed INTERNALLY and is in the pipe to be released with the next patch, and Baltic has even provided a link above to show that the issue is fixed with a mission that you can use until the patch is dropped which is upto Eagle Dynamics, Baltic has Zero I put when it comes to which patch his fixes are included in.    BUT he’s also stated very clearly a work around that we can all use to keep flying the campaign until this is fixed.

We have issues like this across ALL campaigns and aircraft after most of not all patches, this is not restricted to Baltic, and honestly you’re moaning about one of the best, if not THE best campaign maker we have in this community.   He works tirelessly to solve these issues and keep on top of any bugs  that appear with each patch, but realistically there is NO way he can check each and every campaign mission and function of all his campaigns after each patch.

I would strongly advise you take a deep breath and just think about what a single mission in one of these campaigns requires in programming and triggers to get it to work, and then apologise to Baltic for the absolutely absurd accusations that you made above.

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

9 hours ago, spaceBunny said:

@baltic_dragon  is this campaign fixed yet?

@spaceBunny oh geez just seen this thread. I’m not sure if you read through the above posts before yours but @baltic_dragon was able to find and help with a workaround and even made a separate download to replace the mission if you didn’t want to switch the radio channel yourself at start. I'd say that’s fixed 100% 

I get things like this can be frustrating especially in longer missions. Hell when things go sideways I’m always left scratching my head wondering if it was something I did wrong or if it is a bug. It sucks for folk like you and I who pay and play the missions but it’s actually probably even more frustrating for the fine folks like Baltic creating the content for us. And honestly Baltic is probably one of the best out there in trying to keep everything up to date and is always updating his campaigns with fixes for us when new DCS updates and features breaks his stuff. 

I’m not sure how long you’ve been playing DCS but it’s an an ever evolving game. How the system sorta works is that Eagle Dynamics is the one who pushes out the updates for DCS which is usually once every two weeks. The content creators like Baltic or other third party module creators submit their fixes to ED and then it’s up to ED to implement it in their next patch cycle. And sadly every patch will fix some things but break others it’s kind of a whack a mole scenario. 

I don’t think we will ever see a DCS world without a plethora of bugs and issues as it’s just sort of the nature of how DCS is built with constantly new additions of features and modules. It’s basically a perpetual state of “early access”. I’m excited where things will go but if you are looking for a game that is “complete” DCS sadly may not ever be it 😅 

Hopefully you can take a look at the fix (if you need help send me a message) or just wait for ED to unbreak some stuff. The campaign is truly worth it and will teach the hell out of the a-10 for you.

I hope it was just a misunderstanding on your part on how the patch cycles works for DCS. Baltic definitely did not deserve the rudeness, but I can see where the frustration is. 

• Like 1

@spaceBunny Dude you must be new to DCS...It's constantly evolving. Changing. New stuff is being added, old stuff changes, it's constantly moving.

Baltic builds extremely complex missions on this moving ground, and of course anything that changes in the core game affects the missions too. That's quite normal, and as a result, they may stop working the way they did before. Some campaign makers have hundreds of missions out there, and it's next to impossible to replay all of them after every update. BD is like me, we take pride in keeping our missions up to date and working 100%, but to do that we rely on the community to give us feedback if they notice that something broke after an update.

You have no idea how much work it takes to constantly update every single mission, ensuring they are bug free after many curve balls that the core updates throw at us. And yes, all of this for the price of a pizza.

Nobody is forcing you to buy these, though. If it's too much for you to handle - and I agree, sometimes these bugs can be frustrating, believe me, they frustrate the mission maker even more - just go play something else. Multiplayer, quick missions, there are so many options.

• Like 2

@spaceBunny
Chill man, it's Christmas! As stated above, DCS is constantly evolving and breaking in the process. You had three solutions posted to you. Manually tune the radio, use preset 18 or download the updated mission. And these guys have no clue how lucky they are. Price of pizza? Pffff... One beer here up North!
Cheers

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• ED Team

Folks the issue will be fixed when we have another patch, you will need to be patient.

A reminder here that everyone should treat each other with respect, sarcastic replies are not welcome. 

Please be sure you have read the rules at the top of the forum. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2