Something not Right with multiplayer.

KoN

Game crashes, server crashes, lag spikes , stuttering, warping, time warping.

what is going with DCS and the multiplayer universe.

Are we going back in time, will the DCS community become extinct . 

With communities going  back in time , yes back to the future - back to DCS . 2.6 . 

What is really going on with DCS 2.9 . 

Is DCS a conspiracy only time will tell .

Watch this space for more . 

😁😁

Edited by KoN
  • Like 2

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

I’m always amazed that all the sever owners and/or Multiplayer community use the OB exclusively. Even when it has game breaking problems. It’s really a detriment to the game as a whole. 

• Like 1

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | ASUS TUF GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

I'm really glad I don't run a server . It must be so frustrating lately. 

I hope things get fixed by Christmas as I think heatblur will release the phantoms. 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

On 11/19/2023 at 4:10 PM, SharpeXB said:

I’m always amazed that all the sever owners and/or Multiplayer community use the OB exclusively. Even when it has game breaking problems. It’s really a detriment to the game as a whole. 

A lot of important bug fixes that affect MP usually first appear in the OB branch.
Modules launching in early access mode usually make their debut in an OB build.
If the MP community switched to Stable there would be a lot less stress-testing of the OB builds and so, bugs would inevitably creep into the Stable branch.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Moezilla said:

A lot of important bug fixes that affect MP usually first appear in the OB branch.
Modules launching in early access mode usually make their debut in an OB build.
If the MP community switched to Stable there would be a lot less stress-testing of the OB builds and so, bugs would inevitably creep into the Stable branch.

You realize by definition OB also introduces more bugs. Stable by definition has less. You’ve got it backwards. Sure the game needs testing but it’s a little nuts that everyone uses the OB. That means it’s not really a test anymore but the de facto release version. 
It’s especially funny that MP is running OB right now since the spotting dots are totally exploitable, everyone can see you visually from 30 miles away 🤣

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | ASUS TUF GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

31 minutes ago, SharpeXB said:

...Stable by definition has less...

It was exactly his point. ....because the dedicated community uses OB and report the issues much more frequently than if they used Stable.

DCS has ran better on OB than Stable due to module fixes and performance fixes for years. 2.9 issues are temporary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Czar66 said:

It was exactly his point. ....because the dedicated community uses OB and report the issues much more frequently than if they used Stable.

DCS has ran better on OB than Stable due to module fixes and performance fixes for years. 2.9 issues are temporary.

It’s funny you guys have this backwards 😆

15 minutes ago, SharpeXB said:

It’s funny you guys have this backwards 😆

We really don't.

Beta is almost categorically more stable than stable because it received updates sooner and stays broken for a shorter time.

“Stable” isn't stable in the sense that it doesn't wobble as much — it's stable in the sense that it doesn't change as often. But that kind of stability only matters if it's a huge faff to stay updated, and it isn't. DCS isn't a mission-critical 24/7 99.9% + redundancy uptime service.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Also remember that server does not run the modules nor a graphics front end to display pretty pictures. They do run on the clients, who also run 90% of server. If a server issue surfaces, ED is usually quick to fix it in the next beta drop. If it's a module or graphics issue, well... So yeah, beta server is usually more stable than 'stable' branch, and supports the newest and hottest, so everyone (me included) runs beta on their dedicated.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to the fixes especially in multiplayer. It's been a frustrating week. I hope things calms down for Christmas holiday. 

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

16 minutes ago, MorgothNL said:

Has there been any response from ED on the MP issue? Many MP servers are close to unplayable due to stutters and warping. 

yes

1. they locked the thread so we cannot give any useful feedback or help to each other

2. They released the same broken version into Release branch of DCS

3. They did NOT mention in the release patch notes that MP is pretty much unusable right now

• Like 1

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Hi, 

i'm posting here because i also think something is not working smooth in multiplayer.

I'm seeing a lot of lagging in 2.9 MT Openbeta since the updates from the beginning of November (roughly). In singleplayer everything is fine.
About 12 hours ago i found a thread that got closed by BN which discussed the problem I'm having. @HC_Official also mentiones such a thread.

Problem is, i can't find it anymore. Can someone please help and point me to it?
Thanks.

Edit:

Nevermind, found it in Core Features Multiplayer section:

Edited by Sile

• ED Team

Folks please if you are going to report issues include your dcs logs and any track replays you have showing a problem. 

There is a reported issue with busy servers and pings and a fix should be coming soon. 

@HC_Official as we have already mentioned when a fix is ready it will be in the change log, please dont derail this thread. 

thank you 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

4 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

@HC_Official as we have already mentioned when a fix is ready it will be in the change log, please dont derail this thread. 

thank you 

Yeah I get that, what I do not understand is why the release version of DCS change log says nothing about the current issues with multiplayer

If you know something is broken it is a good idea to let people know this ..... that way you might get less reports of a bug you already know about, which will in turn mean you guys have less threads to reply to with ... "Yes we already know that MP has issues and we are working to fix them"

Does that make any sense ?

• Like 2

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

• ED Team

It was already mentioned in the main open beta change log and when a fix is ready it will be in the change log again. 

I will pass on your feedback to the team but please drop it here, you are derailing a potential bug report. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Although more precise patchnotes is always a nice thing to have, let's be honest - If majority of servers use OB anyway, mentioning known issue in 2.9 Stable changelog is kind of pointless. MP users who should now - they already know (because most of them are on OB in the first place).

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Seems like I found the cause for my lag spikes / freezes. I get them when voice is enabled on our servers.

As soon as we disabled voice, the stutters/lags/freezes were gone.
And now in retrospect it would all make sense. Problems started when the voice chat update patch dropped end of october.

Will verify tomorrow in our squadron mission.

Edit: Verified. lags are gone.

Edited by Sile
  • Like 3

On 11/30/2023 at 8:53 PM, Sile said:

Seems like I found the cause for my lag spikes / freezes. I get them when voice is enabled on our servers.

As soon as we disabled voice, the stutters/lags/freezes were gone.
And now in retrospect it would all make sense. Problems started when the voice chat update patch dropped end of october.

Will verify tomorrow in our squadron mission.

Edit: Verified. lags are gone.

Thank you someone else getting lag spikes due to voice on server.

I mentioned this few weeks back . Also Sunday night busy night for WWII server normally 50 + players , crashed twice hitting 40 player mark. Something not right with 2.9 . 

Edited by KoN

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

The Enigma's server resets every 2 hours. Right after a reset its actually pretty good even with 40+ players. But 1 to 1.5 hours in its pretty bad. Generally worse for people with slower internet connections.

I haven't noticed this on the WWII Wolf Pack server, but when I play there its usually less than 15 people on.

When you watch the DCS network traffic it spikes up to 25 mbps during the time warps.

"The problem with internet quotes is it is very hard to determine their authenticity." --Abraham Lincoln

DCS: FC3, FA-18C Hornet, Supercarrier, P-51D Mustang, F-5E Tiger II, A-10C II Tank Killer, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Normandy 2.0, WWII Assets Pack.