Fire Control Radar

JOEM423
Go to solution Solved by Jetguy06,

Has the Radar been implemented yet? I saw a video by Wags and it showed a Radar Scope on one of the MPD's! Isint the Radar dome specifically used for the Radar inside the aircraft! Or had the Radar Dome been implemented before the actual radar usage? Im new flying the Apache and may not be well informed! Thanks in advance

Joe

• Solution
19 minutes ago, JOEM423 said:

Has the Radar been implemented yet? I saw a video by Wags and it showed a Radar Scope on one of the MPD's! Isint the Radar dome specifically used for the Radar inside the aircraft! Or had the Radar Dome been implemented before the actual radar usage? Im new flying the Apache and may not be well informed! Thanks in advance

Joe

The FCR is currently cosmetic only, but ED is working in implementing it, hopefully, within the next few months. IIRC, the FCR was the next thing on their roadmap to implement after the datalink, and we just got DL in the last major patch. So, my best guess is sometime by Q1 or Q2 2024 you'll see the FCR implemented.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jetguy06 said:

The FCR is currently cosmetic only, but ED is working in implementing it, hopefully, within the next few months. IIRC, the FCR was the next thing on their roadmap to implement after the datalink, and we just got DL in the last major patch. So, my best guess is sometime by Q1 or Q2 2024 you'll see the FCR implemented.

THank you

I could be wrong but didn't Wags say that the FCR would not be ready for the patch but 'very soon' after it? I may see if I can find it. 

Update - found it.

"We also understand that many of you are looking forward to the Fire Control Radar, or FCR, for the AH-64D. This is being done in parallel by our radar team, and they are making great progress. In fact, I’m sure most of you have noticed the previews. While it is not planned for the 2.9 update, it will not be long after it. We will first release it with Ground Target Mode, or GTM, and this will allow you to detect, track, and engage units. It will also tie into datalink capabilities of sending and receiving Priority Fire Zones and No Fire Zones between Primary members."

Coming from this YT video: 

Edited by inexus
  • Like 3

13900@5.8Ghz, Asus TUF 4090 OC, 64GB@6400mhz DDR5, 4K, TrackIR 5, Tobii, Virpil CM2, CM3
F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | A-10C | A-10C II | AV-8B | AH-64D |  MI-24P | MI-8 | BS 2 | UH-1H | Mosquito | BF 109 | Spitfire | P-47D | CA | SC | WWII AP

It'll be awesome when fully implemented.  I think in the beginning it's only going to display moving targets.  But even that will be 100% better than George not calling them out- unless you ask him to every 10 seconds 🙂 

i7-11700F  64GB RAM  RTX3060  WIN 10Pro  HP Reverb G2  TM Cougar & Logitech X56

Will we have to update every AC in every mission via mission editor to show the FCR radome  or will ED be able to develop a universal change for all AH-64s?

I-9 12900K, RTX 3090, 64 GB, 2TB SSD, Oculus Quest 2, Win 11, Winwing Orion F-16EX Stick, F-18 dual throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals.

vor 12 Minuten schrieb NIGHTHAWK1:

Will we have to update every AC in every mission via mission editor to show the FCR radome  or will ED be able to develop a universal change for all AH-64s?

My assumption ( and hope )  is that it will be selectable in the rearm screen, like the fuel tank is right now

18 hours ago, Gunslinger52 said:

It'll be awesome when fully implemented.  I think in the beginning it's only going to display moving targets.  But even that will be 100% better than George not calling them out- unless you ask him to every 10 seconds 🙂 

Not at all. It'll display all detected targets, be it moving or static.

Just in case you haven't seen it yet 😉

Propably we'll get the FCR in the next big OB update, hopefully before christmas.

• Like 1

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

Yes, hopefully we will see it in the December OB Patch. Would be a great Christmas present……fingers crossed 🤞 

• Like 1

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

vor 21 Stunden schrieb NIGHTHAWK1:

You had to actively deselect the FCR for each AH-64D in every mission, as the default is FCR selected.

So I am sure you need to revert every AH-64D you edited by hand.

Though realistically the ratio of FCR equipped AH-64D should be around 1 out of 4. 😉

• Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

On 12/1/2023 at 11:46 PM, shagrat said:

Though realistically the ratio of FCR equipped AH-64D should be around 1 out of 4. 😉

In the US maybe, in the UK army they all have the FCR installed.

• Like 3

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

Am 4.12.2023 um 17:29 schrieb Zarma:

In the US maybe, in the UK army they all have the FCR installed.

We don't have the Augusta Westland Apache AH-1 in DCS, only some british skins. No RR engines, not the defensive aids system...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

On 12/2/2023 at 8:51 AM, NeedzWD40 said:

GTM means Ground Targeting Mode and encompasses more than just moving targets. Basically, the mode most players are going to use 99% of the time anyways.

Now I know where I got that from: Ground Moving Target mode in the F-18 🙄

i7-11700F  64GB RAM  RTX3060  WIN 10Pro  HP Reverb G2  TM Cougar & Logitech X56

I must admit that it looks very present on the Wags' videos. Cant wait simply! 

I wonder which patch will bring FCR, whether it will be in December or January with Phantom 😉 . I'm starting to like Apache again. This is one of the most important functions, and the video shows that you can actually attack from behind an obstacle. Minus is only FCR range.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro